religious justification of sex (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
this has been done a ridiculously large amount of times...
there are people who are waiting and those who dont . SIMPLE
its their decision and they shouldnt have to justify it simply because they were baptised or born into a family who is christian.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Putting it quite simply, you are wrong.

If the bible says its a he, it must be right, surely! Sweetie, a history lesson. Back in the times the bible was written, females were seen but not heard....they were there to make babies and cook dinner...thus the bible was written by men. If it was only men who wrote the bible, then of course they are going to write that god is a 'he'.

You believe god is a person? Good luck to you.

HSC
i just dont think you're willing to face the facts that god exists.
oh yes, surely there are no women in the bible and thats why there are women in the bible like mary mother of jesus and mary magdalene, lydia, ruth, naomi, claudia etc etc
because women just werent written about. oh sure.
of course men penned the bible. they were the only ones who could have education then, so the scribes were men. but the bible was god breathed, as it says in the bible.
i never said god was a person. learn to read, mkay?
if you're going to make general statements about christianity which are totally incorrect look into it first and learn what you're saying?
im cool that you dont believe.. it doesnt bother me im not going to try to convert you. just for academic purposes, if you want credibility in what you're saying, doing the research.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Ms 12 said:
Putting it quite simply, you are wrong.

If the bible says its a he, it must be right, surely! Sweetie, a history lesson. Back in the times the bible was written, females were seen but not heard....they were there to make babies and cook dinner...thus the bible was written by men. If it was only men who wrote the bible, then of course they are going to write that god is a 'he'.

You believe god is a person? Good luck to you.
true that
to add to that the bible was written by men...not straight after the events and therefore how can they know exactly what God wants? i personally think that the bible is based on cultural beleifs that manifested themselves into a religious belief.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Perhaps you should read my peoples comments before posting your generic answers--I did not say women were not mentioned in the bible--I said it was written by men who would of course portray god as a male.

If gods not a person ella, why does it need to have a gender?

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
why not just keep it simple?
the justification: to obtain sex / the ritual to reach full maturity to adulthood
why: it requires constant fucking to allow full matuirty to be apparant / or just needless fucking.

hipPo3

HSC
Ms 12 said:
Perhaps you should read my peoples comments before posting your generic answers--I did not say women were not mentioned in the bible--I said it was written by men who would of course portray god as a male.

geez .. why agrue whos wrong and whos right .. it makes no difference on way or the other. Individualism creates different opinions for different subjects, theres no piont in arguing about religion

perhaps MS 12 u should understand that in those times, there was a huge cultural difference which men were "assumed" to be created in God's image: henceforth God is a man.

this thread has s0o0o gotten off topic

L

LaraB

Ms 12 said:

lol yeah exactly - typical patriarchal stuff... it's just assumed its a man...

look.. ella... you can't tell people to face the facts that there is a God because you cannot prove it and just as you have your beliefs so do others.

from the start you haven't acknowledged let alone accepted that other people have different views... you seem to have set out to 'prove' that your friends are sinners or whatever because they don't do what you call the "real christian" thing.

get over it - you are not right, you're not necessarily wrong either.... but you can't prove 100% you're right so it's a waste of time and energy offending other people by treating others as if they're too stupid to aceept your version of 'truth'

you asked for opininos when you started this thread so don't get on ur high horse and tell everyone who gave their opininos with regard to your post that they're wrong - you asked for opinions, not for people to agree with you unconditionally...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LaraB said:
lol yeah exactly - typical patriarchal stuff... it's just assumed its a man...
because men are god-like compared to womyn

L

LaraB

jumb said:
because men are god-like compared to womyn
lol.... Howard, Bush, Blair, Hussain, Bin Laden, Brogdon, yeah such angelic people lol :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LaraB said:
lol.... Howard, Bush, Blair, Hussain, Bin Laden, Brogdon, yeah such angelic people lol :p
not angelic, god-like

gods > angels

L

LaraB

jumb said:
not angelic, god-like

gods > angels
lol well if they don't even reach angel status, they're even lower than gods :p they're barely breaking even on 'good human" lol

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LaraB said:
lol well if they don't even reach angel status, they're even lower than gods :p they're barely breaking even on 'good human" lol
but they're men, therefore super-human

L

LaraB

jumb said:
but they're men, therefore super-human
lol if u say so...

i don't c em "leaping tall buildings in single bounds" or anything though :p

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LaraB said:
lol if u say so...

i don't c em "leaping tall buildings in single bounds" or anything though :p
i haven't seen a girly do it either

Minifish

Ghost
HSC
As amusing as this whole boy/girl fight is, i may as well put my input in. Personally, from what i understand, men were held in much higher esteem then women back in 'bible times'. Therefore, it makes more sense to me, that if you would want the image of God to be so mighty and powerful, you would not portray God as a lowly woman (just refering to how it was back then, i'm not having a stab at all you girly's out there).

If God were to have been portrayed in the image of a woman, it may have damped 'his' godly image, and thus, adherence to 'him' might be lessened, because being a she does not command as much social respect compared to if he was a man.

Now, some of you might argue that if God was so mighty and powerful, why would it matter if he was portrayed as a man or a woman. Well firstly, it helps give God a bit more of an identity, so as to help us comprehend just a bit better, the nature of God. As i said, 'he' helps to convey the identity of a man, and thus, at the top of the social ladder.

Secondly, why does gender matter if he's a God? Well why did the skin of the persecuted african-americans matter if they were still men, women and children like the rest of us? For that fact, why were black people all over the world looked down upon for the colour of their skin, not who they were?

For the same reason why God would not have been held quite as highly in their society if he was portrayed as a women. It was just easier to portray 'him' as a man, then try to get over the social hurdles by proclaiming him as a woman.

Thats just how i see it.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
LaraB said:
then they're on equal par then:p
yeah, in respect to building jumping. but guys are better at everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)