• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Republican Primaries (2 Viewers)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
what are you even talking about

ron paul doesn't sugarcoat the truth - that's why he's not going anywhere.
great empire fall because they deviate from the principles which made them great. yeah ok champ nice anecdote
is there a better candidate running for GOP? whats your point?
unconstitutional foreign wars? not unconstitutional at all
american was out of the depression before world war two ended. eisenhower balanced the budget... and presided over the growth of the military-industrial complex, almost lost a war in Korea (yes, the US almost lost), expanded social security, increased the minimum wage, and established numerous new government departments. he's the fucking opposite of ron paul.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Ron Paul is the best candidate because he doesn't sugarcoat the truth and people are increasingly seeing that. His policies will put American back on track, unlike the stupidity of Obama and other GOP candidates who want to continue American imperialism into countries like Iran, when they have no funds to do so. He has integrity and values, unlike the lying war mongering imbeciles he has to share the stage with on debates.

It's not my anecdote. It's also the truth.

unconstitutional foreign wars? not unconstitutional at all
Under the US constitution you need a declaration of war. Obama goes into Libya without congressional approval. This is unconstitutional. Also, War on terrorism? Terrorism is a tactic, how can you go to war on a tactic?

american was out of the depression before world war two ended. eisenhower balanced the budget... and presided over the growth of the military-industrial complex, almost lost a war in Korea (yes, the US almost lost), expanded social security, increased the minimum wage, and established numerous new government departments. he's the fucking opposite of ron paul.

Like I said before, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o8FRJZgiHE (5:46 onwards)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
the war is not unconstitutional. you clearly have no idea about the capacity of the US executive to wage war. and your point about terrorism is literally retarded. still, if the war was unconstitutional, obama could/will be impeached, and many presidents before him would have been too. this has not happened. the fact is that the executive enjoys huge discretion in the use of US armed forces without "congressional authorisation": see korean war, kosovo intervention, haiti, bosnia, somalia, panama, libya 25 years ago, and iran.

the fact is presidential unilateralism is de facto legitimate. whether it would have been prudent to ask congress or not is a different question.

whether ron paul will put "America back on track" is a different question, with no definitive answer, because we simply don't know, although it is very possible. you're clearly subject to ron paul idolatry though.

regardless, the US under eisenhower was in a very different to the US ron paul would inherit. to say he would 'do as eisenhower did' is meaningless and possibly foolhardy.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
I love ron so much but we will see how it goes

Iowa and California are the big two. Paul's got a LOT of fans in california.

boris

Banned
HSC
“I love heroin. It’s so chill.” -Ron Paul

Garygaz

HSC
''we should be encouraging mothers to use marijuana during pregnancy as the medicinal benefits are proven by science''

-ron paul

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
the war is not unconstitutional. you clearly have no idea about the capacity of the US executive to wage war.... if the war was unconstitutional, obama could/will be impeached, and many presidents before him would have been too. this has not happened. the fact is that the executive enjoys huge discretion in the use of US armed forces without "congressional authorisation": see korean war, kosovo intervention, haiti, bosnia, somalia, panama, libya 25 years ago, and iran.

the fact is presidential unilateralism is de facto legitimate. whether it would have been prudent to ask congress or not is a different question.

whether ron paul will put "America back on track" is a different question, with no definitive answer, because we simply don't know, although it is very possible. you're clearly subject to ron paul idolatry though.

regardless, the US under eisenhower was in a very different to the US ron paul would inherit. to say he would 'do as eisenhower did' is meaningless and possibly foolhardy.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for these United States of America.

Article. I.

...Section. 8.

Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;...

...Clause 11: To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

According to James Madison, the father of the United States constitution:

“The Constitution expressly and exclusively vests in the Legislature the power of declaring a state of war [and] the power of raising armies. A delegation of such powers [to the president] would have struck, not only at the fabric of our Constitution, but at the foundation of all well organized and well checked governments. The separation of the power of declaring war from that of conducting it, is wisely contrived to exclude the danger of its being declared for the sake of its being conducted.”

Therefore, under the United States system of government although the president is personally convinced that war against a certain nation is just and morally right, he is nevertheless prohibited by the supreme law of the land from waging it unless he first secures a declaration of war from Congress

Hence, every war since WW2 has been illegal, because the constitution is the supreme law of the law. It supersedes any notion of "presidential unilateralism", meaning every president since Truman to Obama (with the exception of a couple), should have been impeached. But chief justices like John Roberts don't have the balls to impeach anyone.

In relation to Eisenhower, I agree, the United States is very different. The solution to the economic problem will obviously need to be tweaked, but that does not change the principle. Get the troops home, cut spending...and do what JFK couldn't in his 2nd term - get rid of the FED.

For, in the words of Ron Paul:

"Capitalism should not be condemned, since we haven’t had capitalism. A system of capitalism presumes sound money, not fiat money manipulated by a central bank. Capitalism cherishes voluntary contracts and interest rates that are determined by savings, not credit creation by a central bank. It’s not capitalism when the system is plagued with incomprehensible rules regarding mergers, acquisitions, and stock sales, along with wage controls, price controls, protectionism, corporate subsidies, international management of trade, complex and punishing corporate taxes, privileged government contracts to the military-industrial complex, and a foreign policy controlled by corporate interests and overseas investments. Add to this centralized federal mismanagement of farming, education, medicine, insurance, banking and welfare. This is not capitalism! "

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
“I love heroin. It’s so chill.” -Ron Paul

''we should be encouraging mothers to use marijuana during pregnancy as the medicinal benefits are proven by science''

-ron paul
Back in 1988:

Question: Your solutions, on stopping drug trade, is, give up, give up the war on drugs. I say zero tolerance, we use the military for aid, we stop it from getting into the country, we cut it off at the source. Why give up on that fight?

Ron Paul: What we give up on is a tyrannical approach to solving a social and medical problem, and We endorse the idea of voluntarism, self-responsibility, family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion, it never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person, it can't make you follow good habits. Why don't they put you on a diet; you're a little overweight, and i think you need government help!

Oh and the video...for extra entertainment!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
he's serious and correct though

you're a fanboy and you probably don't have any of your own intellectual basis for what you're supporting other than "dis maeks sens, luap nor we wuv u"

I'm not saying that I'm von Mises or Hayek but fucking hell

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
he's serious and correct though

you're a fanboy and you probably don't have any of your own intellectual basis for what you're supporting other than "dis maeks sens, luap nor we wuv u"

I'm not saying that I'm von Mises or Hayek but fucking hell
Rather judgmental, don't you think?

I'm not a fan of two-faced scumbags who are driven by nothing but either their re-election or their appointment to the presidency.

Ron Paul really wants to make America and the world a better place.

Obama...Perry...Romney..Cain...Gingrich…

What difference will they make?

They'll invade sovereign states, illegally.

They'll kill innocent people in the cause of American imperialism

They'll screw the American economy, further

Ron Paul, is real change. Unlike the other bumper sticker politicians who say whatever they like so they can be president. Ron Paul has been consistent for over 30 years. He can restore America.

This is why:

1. Ron Paul is the champion of the constitution. Like I said before, great empires fall (e.g. Romans, British empire etc.) because they make the same mistake - turning back from their principles which made them great. Ron Paul is a strict adherent to the constitution and to the values which made America what it is. With Ron Paul as president, this will NOT happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaKUQrJ1k8)

2. Ron Paul, by a country mile has the best foreign policy. Many people mistake him to be an isolationist, but he's not an isolationist. He's a non-interventionist. There is a BIG difference. Isolationists believe in not trading with anyone, not letting anyone leave or come into the country, no talking or diplomacy with anyone and no wars with anybody. Non-interventionists believe in free trade, diplomacy (SANCTIONS ARE NOT DIPLOMACY, THEY ARE A PRECURSOR TO WAR AND AN EMBARRASSMENT TO A NATION WHICH PAYS LIP-SERVICE TO FREE TRADE! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDvaTqLlZlA) with all countries, domestic peace and prosperity, letting people live freely and come and go when they want, and only defending the nation from enemies who have initiated force against us. They believe in NOT having over 900 bases in 135 countries around the world. The current US government is out of control. They cannot maintain a domestic Constitutional Republic if they continue to have an American Empire( bases in 135 countries). The Romans tried to do this, and look what happened to them.Ron Paul will withdraw all troops from Afghanistan (by Feb 2013) and place all the troops around America's borders. This will increase American national security, whilst cutting completely on militarism, increasing defence by cutting costs. This will stimulate the economy, as American troops are active in America.

3. Ron Paul will cut spending by ONE TRILLION DOLLARS in his FIRST YEAR of office (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztNDHC50w0E). This is exactly what was done post WW2 (obviously, to a much lesser extent than 1 trillion USD), but these SIGNIFICANT CUTS are what got the USA out of the recession -> Millions returned from Europe and Japan and they cut spending, which allowed the USA unprecedented growth in the 60s

4. Ron Paul will conduct a complete audit of the FED (perhaps even remove the FED, hopefully that's the best result). The FED controls the business cycles and the depressions, please see the above quote on capitalism for a better perspective .Ron Paul will also look into the IRS and modify it, so successful people are not taxed heavily. This is necessary for America's future prosperity, more money will circulate in the market place. A comprehensive audit of these two agencies will be fundamental to restore America. Other candidates, such as Romney are only hinting they'll copy Ron Paul in this area, where as, Ron Paul has been suggesting this for years.

5. Ron Paul defends liberty in its hour of maximum danger (I know, I know, I stole that off JFK's Inaugural address xD). He will remove government influence from the economy and allow the free market to dictate economic prosperity. He will ABOLISH THE PATRIOT ACT, which is unpatriotic (see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXUVSTDcFBI ALSO, make sure you see Ron Paul's reply to Gingrich in that debate...the one the media didn't want you to see). He will stop killing innocent Iraqi's, Pakistani's and Afghani's through horrific DRONE ATTACKS, which result in tremendous co-lateral damage, thus, building good faith between the countries the USA destroyed in the past decade, the families they displaced and tore apart...

Ron Paul is the only one who can really change everything. His message needs to be broadcasted through America and throughout the world.

Peace, Prosperity and Liberty.

The message of Ron Paul, 2012.

I don't like ending with cliches, but what the hell. Don't judge a book by it's cover, eat your words, etc. take your pick.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)