• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Republican Primaries (3 Viewers)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
and you're proving my point

rehashing his own slogans and descriptions made by his own campaign committee and the words he's said in debates

I know all of his talking points, I understand all of them and I've heard them all before. I don't need to read them again by some hack.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
You were making a judgement on the basis of why I support him. So what if what he says is what I support? It's an "intellectual basis", because what he says is rational and right.

In your own delusional fantasy I might be proving your point, go believe what you will. I just deem discourse of intellect with an ignoramous to be of little merit

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yes I said you "probably" didn't have your own brain

you really haven't proven me wrong here

Did you discover (the very general term) Libertarian before or after you discovered luap nor

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
this guy... seriously

first of all, the US president is commander-in-chief. if every war since world war II has been illegal, explain why no president has been impeached for this reason? if you can't explain that (and i know you can't) then your point is without a leg to stand on. besides your asinine citation of james madison, you seem oblivious to how the constitution and checks and balances actually work (or don't work). constitutional practice supersedes constitutional meaning. quote chief justice rehnquist, Dames & Moore v. Regan: "[A] systematic, unbroken, executive practice, long pursued to the knowledge of the Congress and never before questioned … may be treated as a gloss on 'Executive Power' vested in the President by §1 of Art. II. Past practice does not, by itself, create power, but long-continued practice, known to and acquiesced in by Congress, would raise a presumption that the [action] had been [taken] in pursuance of its consent." if congress wants to review this legislation and executive practice by properly defining war (good luck with that), but until then, get over it, and tell ronny p to get over it too.

the fact is the president does have the prerogative to introduce US forces into hostilities, and this is precisely because of the indeterminate language of the constitution (which rules out supreme court action on this issue because it is perpetually regarded as a 'political question' and promptly dismissed by the court). obama did end up giving congress due notice of his commitment of forces to the Libyan conflict in accordance with the war powers resolution. but more importantly, if NATO allies began to enforce a no-fly zone without the US, and were subsequently attacked by Libyan forces, in accordance with the NATO treaty the US would be obliged to commit forces, making it even easier for the president to do so. once again, you don't have a leg to stand on.

eisenhower was bringing TEN MILLION FUCKING TROOPS home to a boom-time economy. that is completely different to the present situation and is therefore irrelevant. not only that, but those troops were given huge vocational subsidies and guidance, and benefited from the G.I. bill... is ron paul going to expand federal government?

the president does not have the power to "get rid of the FED", it simply is not going to happen like that. if anything, change will be incremental (the conservative way!). or, ron paul will be assassinated by the red shield, a la JFK and old abe, for daring to defy the fed. i also don't give a fuck what ron paul thinks "capitalism" is, but the question here really is not whether the US is 'really' capitalist or not (show me a true scotsman anyways).

listen, no one here is really disagreeing with ron paul's social or even economic libertarianism. i agree with a lot of his policies. but you sound just like some cunt talking about obama in 2007, which goes to show how absurd this whole business is. you know, if campaign finance was better regulated, ron paul might win (the irony is rich). but as that isn't the case, my money is on mittens, or maybe gingko

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
this guy... seriously

first of all, the US president is commander-in-chief. if every war since world war II has been illegal, explain why no president has been impeached for this reason? if you can't explain that (and i know you can't) then your point is without a leg to stand on. besides your asinine citation of james madison, you seem oblivious to how the constitution and checks and balances actually work (or don't work). constitutional practice supersedes constitutional meaning. quote chief justice rehnquist, Dames & Moore v. Regan: "[A] systematic, unbroken, executive practice, long pursued to the knowledge of the Congress and never before questioned … may be treated as a gloss on 'Executive Power' vested in the President by §1 of Art. II. Past practice does not, by itself, create power, but long-continued practice, known to and acquiesced in by Congress, would raise a presumption that the [action] had been [taken] in pursuance of its consent." if congress wants to review this legislation and executive practice by properly defining war (good luck with that), but until then, get over it, and tell ronny p to get over it too.

the fact is the president does have the prerogative to introduce US forces into hostilities, and this is precisely because of the indeterminate language of the constitution (which rules out supreme court action on this issue because it is perpetually regarded as a 'political question' and promptly dismissed by the court). obama did end up giving congress due notice of his commitment of forces to the Libyan conflict in accordance with the war powers resolution. but more importantly, if NATO allies began to enforce a no-fly zone without the US, and were subsequently attacked by Libyan forces, in accordance with the NATO treaty the US would be obliged to commit forces, making it even easier for the president to do so. once again, you don't have a leg to stand on.

eisenhower was bringing TEN MILLION FUCKING TROOPS home to a boom-time economy. that is completely different to the present situation and is therefore irrelevant. not only that, but those troops were given huge vocational subsidies and guidance, and benefited from the G.I. bill... is ron paul going to expand federal government?

the president does not have the power to "get rid of the FED", it simply is not going to happen like that. if anything, change will be incremental (the conservative way!). or, ron paul will be assassinated by the red shield, a la JFK and old abe, for daring to defy the fed. i also don't give a fuck what ron paul thinks "capitalism" is, but the question here really is not whether the US is 'really' capitalist or not (show me a true scotsman anyways).

listen, no one here is really disagreeing with ron paul's social or even economic libertarianism. i agree with a lot of his policies. but you sound just like some cunt talking about obama in 2007, which goes to show how absurd this whole business is. you know, if campaign finance was better regulated, ron paul might win (the irony is rich). but as that isn't the case, my money is on mittens, or maybe gingko
My 2 cents as an RP supporter, don't care about what his defenses are, whether its the Constitution or morality in general, less government gonna be a good thing.

However yes back to the real point of this thread

RP obviously is not going to win, so you reckon Gingrich is gonna be able sustain his rise and win or is he gonna fall like the last 3 candidates?

Also I'm still 99% that Obama is just gonna get re-elected anyway, but still fun to talk about

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i dont think obongo will be re-elected fyi but you can always trust the g.o.p to nominate an absolutely unpalatable candidate to go against him

the problem is that the g.o.p is essentially running out of time to remain a politically viable *conservative* party

90% of its voters are white people and the rest are a handful of weirdo uncle toms and oddball minorities usually motivated by their christianity and concern for issues like abortion and gay marriage

as american demographics continue to shift so do will the g.o.p's politics have to shift to remain in the game

the g.o.p had a hilarious thing a while bcak on their main website where they featured a bunch of smiling non-white faces all over it

this is similiar to that joke you hear from smarter conservatives: what do you call the only black man at a g.o.p convention?

the keynote speaker

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
that was the most awkward thing ive ever seen it was so hard to watch due to the second hand embarrassment i felt

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
i dont think obongo will be re-elected fyi but you can always trust the g.o.p to nominate an absolutely unpalatable candidate to go against him

the problem is that the g.o.p is essentially running out of time to remain a politically viable *conservative* party

90% of its voters are white people and the rest are a handful of weirdo uncle toms and oddball minorities usually motivated by their christianity and concern for issues like abortion and gay marriage

as american demographics continue to shift so do will the g.o.p's politics have to shift to remain in the game

the g.o.p had a hilarious thing a while bcak on their main website where they featured a bunch of smiling non-white faces all over it

this is similiar to that joke you hear from smarter conservatives: what do you call the only black man at a g.o.p convention?

yea GOP are basically democrats now except they hate immigrants, blacks, gays, and anything Obama does that has to do with health care

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
they dont hate immigrants

bush tried to amnesty illegal immigrants
he came up (or at least parroted) that b.s "jobs americans wont do" slogan
they love blacks (or claim to because they are stupid enough to believe that they can actually get black people to vote for them under a conservative platform) which is why they always parade around their pet uncle toms in very prominent positions and covered their website in smiling negro faces

maybe youre talking about non-elite republicans though then there is some definite truth to that

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
they dont hate immigrants

bush tried to amnesty illegal immigrants
he came up with that b.s "jobs americans wont do" slogan
they love blacks (or claim to because they are stupid enough to believe that they can actually get black people to vote for them under a conservative platform) which is why they always parade around their pet uncle toms in very prominent positions and covered their website in smiling negro faces

maybe youre talking about non-elite republicans though then there is some definite truth to that
yea should of specified, majority of Republican votes hate those things, though I still think most Republican elite do to, they just won't admit it

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
yeah Ron Paul really fucking hates the wetbacks
do you actually have any substantial evidence of this besides the fact that he doesnt believe that there should be literally "open borders" where there are no actual procedures, regulations and rules to legal migration across countries (which is enough in libertarian lalaland ive noticed to constitute evidence of a seething hatred of foreigners)

or are u bein sarcastic dere brudda

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
do you actually have any substantial evidence of this besides the fact that he doesnt believe that there should be literally "open borders" where there are no actual procedures, regulations and rules to legal migration across countries (which is enough in libertarian lalaland ive noticed to constitute evidence of a seething hatred of foreigner)

or are u bein sarcastic dere brudda
I doubt Ron Paul actually harbours hatred for a group of people

so obviously

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)