• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Results (1 Viewer)

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
so far i've passed them all, but my worst 3 papers are yet to come, n i will be soooooo lucky to pass them :p

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
heck no!

Its just a test to give you a wake up call before the HSC, (you do kinda ok-bad in the trials), then you're like "oh shit, i gotta study.." and so you'll prolly end up killing the HSC.

thats what trials are, TRIALS, which will prolly make you spite the markers which, in turn changes your answers to spamming with everything you know (like put 4 points in a 2 mark question) in the actual HSCpaper..

Thats what I've learnt and thats what i'm gonna do.. so there!

Last edited:

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
yeah i completely agree with eagles, and its had that exact effect on me

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
welll
not HSC results

BUT UAI ...................................

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i don't think that has worked for me. Cos i worked so hard and then got crap marks... so my brain has figured that if i work hard and i get crap marks.. there's no point working at all. i can get crap results without spendin a lot of time trying to do well.

mack

Banned
HSC
Maybe you should investigate your study techniques? I changed mine after the first round of assesment tasks(started doing past papers) and i started killing exams from there on in. Dont feel jaded or think youre a dumbass because you worked hard and didnt get the mark you were after-You may have to revise your study technique.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I havent changed my studying technique since the beginning of yr 12 [except, I learnt not to memorise prepared essay. That was a BIG lesson].

Mainly Im doing the same "cram the night before and pray for a miracle" thing. I plan to change now lol

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
86 for eng is the only good result i had [ironic i thought it wud b my shittest and everythin else wud b good]

fucked up 4unit... 50's ... ranked between 10-16 [im gettin more marks]
sorta fucked up 3unit ranked 14th..
fucked up chem ... 76 which is like 30sth
did ok for phys.. 81 .. 14th or so

i better study for hsc .. =\

mack

Banned
HSC
I wouldnt feel bad if you dont go that well in trials. I mean, you havent had that much time to consolidate your coursework, i was still learning stuff in class two days before they began........

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
86 for eng is the only good result i had [ironic i thought it wud b my shittest and everythin else wud b good]

fucked up 4unit... 50's ... ranked between 10-16 [im gettin more marks]
sorta fucked up 3unit ranked 14th..
fucked up chem ... 76 which is like 30sth
did ok for phys.. 81 .. 14th or so

i better study for hsc .. =\
A mark in the 50's is only 10-16th:eek: I woulda thought it would have been much lower

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
dont they make the trials harder so u get all scared and start studying hella hard for the real thing? well thats what they're telling the yr 12ers at my school....

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
some people only see the trials as harder cos it's the first time and many dont study so thoroughly for it. The HSC seems easier cos you have studied for it twice [in a sense] and have also had a trial run.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
mack said:
I wouldnt feel bad if you dont go that well in trials. I mean, you havent had that much time to consolidate your coursework, i was still learning stuff in class two days before they began........
exactly..and i don't know about the rest of you, but i had shitloads of assessment tasks in the two weeks before the trials so i had little time to study making my trial marks crapper than they should have been...when our assessment marks get handed in to sydney, we'll only have to do revision or finish the rest of the course in lesson time and then there's two weeks hols and two weeks stu-back (or whatever it's called) before the hsc..so i'm thinking we'll be right...there's heaps of time to study..even procrastinators leaving it to the hols or stu-back will be pretty right..esp. coz most hsc exams are spaced out so you've also got the time between exams..

match

HSC
N/A
i did pretty well considering i didnt study that much and once my marks were scaled i felt even better.

the thing i keep being told is to just keep doing past papers and by the time you get to the hsc it will have become seccond nature

HSC
english- totally fucked up AOS (51%), havn't got back modules- ...7/45...but it'll definately drop
eco- 87% top mark 1st or 2nd/20
biz- 90% top mark 1st or 2nd/40
maths 3u- 61%..not happy jan! 7th or 8th/44
maths 4u- havn't got back yet.
SOR- 50% wOOOOt, passed without studying at all! :D

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
the test was fkn hard thats y .. i think 2 of them were cssa q8s.. i heard from some1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)