Return to School! How do you feel? (1 Viewer)

How do you feel about returning to school?

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
LOL, interesting.

We have a great range of numbers of people coming and out of my group.

My group is highly universal but generally nerdy. We have the core members composed of 7-8 people and some random coming-ins and -outs.

Random comings-ins and -outs are just there to play card game.

I also remember all their names as well, actually, I can name all my school mates at school (150+ of them) but that's easier than Yvonne's because she needs to remember exactly 25 of them. LOL

suzlee

HSC
LOL, interesting.

We have a great range of numbers of people coming and out of my group.

My group is highly universal but generally nerdy. We have the core members composed of 7-8 people and some random coming-ins and -outs.

Random comings-ins and -outs are just there to play card game.

I also remember all their names as well, actually, I can name all my school mates at school (150+ of them) but that's easier than Yvonne's because she needs to remember exactly 25 of them. LOL

wow that's some technical analysis :)

I don't think I could stand 25 people in my group..... eventually something would happen and we'd all dissolve into smaller gatherings at some point.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I miss most of my group. The whole year seems to mingle and mix really good (so my group are just my very closest friends)! I suppose you could say all 90 of us are friends! lolz... hehe, of course there are disputes lolz.

Can't wait to see them all and trade holidays stories.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^Yes, it is.

However, there is nothing to fear. As you take a step up to the higher level, you will progressively adapt to that level if you consistenly try to keep abreast of everything around you.

The point of Year 11 is not necessarily to excel from the start. The whole point is to LEARN. At the beginning of Year 12, you will basically repeat everything you have done in Year 11. So, the point of Year 11 is to learn how the assessmenets are dealt, how to study, how to adapt to teachers/students, how to form study plan, how to motivate yourself and etc.

I failed my first term of Year 11 miserably. I was never ranked 1st in any of my subject at the beginning but I kept my workload higher from the following term and I did significantly better at the end.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
oh gosh! i cant believe most of yous are excited. :O
i'm actually scared and nervous (going to yr11 is a big giant step to take after year 10)
I think everyone feels a little anxiety deep down, but I am excited to get back and start some courses that I really love doing (except English, kinda on and off :p). I'm sure the workload will triple :jaw:

P.S. Your basically taking the same subjects as me, except I'm doing music... If I wasn't continuing music I would have chosen Business probably (I'm aiming for a course in Engineering/Business)...

.isabellus

HSC
This is how I feel about starting Term 2 of the HSC: I want to run away and never come back. I think I'll hide out in the mountains.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I hate school. All the timetables have failed horrendously. I can't rarely leave early or arrive late anymore. :( With my old timetable, i either left early or arrived late every day. Now, my frees are in the middle of the day. :vcross: Stupid timetables.

HSC
hmm. im actually feeling pretty excited
i dont know why though
other than seeing my friends and starting new subjects, somehing tells me this yr will be diffrent =]

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I hate school. All the timetables have failed horrendously. I can't rarely leave early or arrive late anymore. :( With my old timetable, i either left early or arrived late every day. Now, my frees are in the middle of the day. :vcross: Stupid timetables.
What's wrong with free periods in the middle of the day at school?! lol. I'd be happy to have the odd break to catch up on missed work, study or kick back and relax...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Ohh.. I love the feeling of getting a new timetable. And I use to love seeing what teachers I was going to get. I've had the same maths teacher since year 7 :p
LOL, so do I!! It's like a feeling of new start, clean plate!!!!

And you also take few periods off too!!

I want my new diary actually above everything else. :p

speedofsound

HSC
I want my new diary actually above everything else. :p
Oh, me too. That's like, my favourite part of the first day back. I'll try hard not to ruin the cover this year.

I'm quite looking forward to going back. I always miss lunch times with friends. I'm very interested in seeing how all these new subjects will go as well.

Schoey93

HSC
I'm excited about going back to school. I do my School Certificate this year, so I am looking forward to achieving some great results (hopefully) ... I really want to get a Band 6 in English and History, so fingers crossed and head down, bum up. From what I've heard the S.C. is really quite easy, it tests basic skills (should go well in math then!) and you aren't required to do copious amounts of study to do well. I'm also looking forward to selecting my HSC subjects ...with some luck I'll get to do Hospitality and Spanish Continuers (through the Open High School, unless I change schools).

I'll probably be more excited in 2010 ...9 free (52 minute) periods a fornight! :D

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Oh, me too. That's like, my favourite part of the first day back. I'll try hard not to ruin the cover this year.

I'm quite looking forward to going back. I always miss lunch times with friends. I'm very interested in seeing how all these new subjects will go as well.

I had written virtually nothing on my diary and the principal "marks" our diaries. If they are not satisfactory, we get detentions. I wonder why I didn't get detention yet for my poor diary...:confused:

Yeah, my new school year resolution is to write something on my diary at least. I spend $20 on it, I mean come on, let's not waste that. :rofl:

Cardea

HSC
Hmm, mixed feelings about going back. Excited because this year and the next will be totally different to previous years, especially in that we actually get to do subjects we're relatively interested in. Then again, having to adapt to the changes and learning to cope with more workload and consistent studying throughout the next two years is getting me a tiny bit anxious.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmm, mixed feelings about going back. Excited because this year and the next will be totally different to previous years, especially in that we actually get to do subjects we're relatively interested in. Then again, having to adapt to the changes and learning to cope with more workload and consistent studying throughout the next two years is getting me a tiny bit anxious.
Same here, except i'm a bit anxious for the results of my term 4 assessments that i haven't gotten yet :S

Also somewhat nervous because it's the HSC grr lol

But i can't wait as well because i love my mates and learning new things ^^

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Im excited for starting as a senior and getting back into routine, but at the same time I've been working nearly every day these holidays so I don't really feel like I've had a break. Getting all my stationary this afternoon though so that should get me a little more motivated. :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
It scares me that its a week today rill I go back and I cant remember where my 9 weeks of holidays went...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)