RTA dumbs down the new Red P's test... (1 Viewer)

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
did my p test last week... omg i reckon my route was soooo hard... barely had any quiet 50km/h streets... mostly big main roads (which some were busy 50km/h areas...) sooo not fair... it was on friday as well... so it was like raining... wet roads... bad route... failed... but score was 90+... because of one little mistake on lane changing... also had to lane change about 4 times... seriously... even an experienced driver would've had probs with the route i took in the weather i had...

lexie85

HSC
^ as if you wouldnt cancel your test after checking out the weather! or can you not do that or something

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
karen88 said:
did my p test last week... omg i reckon my route was soooo hard... barely had any quiet 50km/h streets... mostly big main roads (which some were busy 50km/h areas...) sooo not fair... it was on friday as well... so it was like raining... wet roads... bad route... failed... but score was 90+... because of one little mistake on lane changing... also had to lane change about 4 times... seriously... even an experienced driver would've had probs with the route i took in the weather i had...
if you only feel comfortable driving on "quiet 50km/h streets" then you do NOT deserve your licence. and get that shit out of your sig.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
karen88 said:
Oh really now..

When I did my DART, it was in an area I've never visited in my life [I never had an instructor].. it decided to pour half an hour before my test, it was a combination of several speeds [speeds of which I was unaware of until I saw the sign cos I've never been there], and it just happened to be a school zone [lucky there was a flashing 40 sign], my windows fogged up halfway throughout the test [new car, so I hardly knew how to operate the buttons], and my examiner didnt give me clear instructions on where to turn..

And I passed first go.

An "experienced driver" would be able to handle those conditions easily. Heck, now that I drive I change lanes a billion times.. I mean, how hard is it to go from one lane to another.. and hell the heck can you make a mistake changing lanes.. it's almost impossible

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm also inclined to wonder how that test was hard- it's normal everyday driving.

Although as an experienced driver (ahahha I know I know.. i'm still on P's), I've realised lane-changing to get ahead is something I only do if I'm really in a rush or trying to avoid an upcoming/impending blockage (such as places where I know people turn right)... but nonetheless, lane changing is an essential skill.

Also, I don't know about you guys but I spend much more time on main roads than I do on small 50km/h streets.

CieL

HSC
Yes.. lane changing is an essential skill..

I hate dickheads who drive 10m behind a car that's indicating right [telling everyone that he will block up a lane], and the dickhead behind them only realise when they're right up the indicator's ass.. and then the traffic behind, if they cant see, will also be forced to stop.. and then the dickhead will hold their indicator to the left until someone stops for them to merge back into the functioning lane..

The only time I'm in 50 zones are when I go out/in home, friend's homes, and uni.. other times I'll be on large main roads and freeways..

lala2

Banned
HSC
What RTA did you do your test at? I've never heard of an RTA that has main and/or busy roads as a significant part of its test! I think it's good though--you need to know how to change lanes.

Yeah, I mainly drive on main roads except for the local neighbourhood.

j_davo24

HSC
lala2 said:
What RTA did you do your test at? I've never heard of an RTA that has main and/or busy roads as a significant part of its test! I think it's good though--you need to know how to change lanes.

Yeah, I mainly drive on main roads except for the local neighbourhood.
Majority of people do only drive on main roads, thats why they are main roads. Lol.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
CieL said:
Oh really now..

When I did my DART, it was in an area I've never visited in my life [I never had an instructor].. it decided to pour half an hour before my test, it was a combination of several speeds [speeds of which I was unaware of until I saw the sign cos I've never been there], and it just happened to be a school zone [lucky there was a flashing 40 sign], my windows fogged up halfway throughout the test [new car, so I hardly knew how to operate the buttons], and my examiner didnt give me clear instructions on where to turn..

And I passed first go.

An "experienced driver" would be able to handle those conditions easily. Heck, now that I drive I change lanes a billion times.. I mean, how hard is it to go from one lane to another.. and hell the heck can you make a mistake changing lanes.. it's almost impossible
Haha yeh I did mine during school hours and my test was on 2:15 to 2:45 (actually it was 2 - 2:30 but they came late). So for the 1st half of my test I went for 60 around the schools, on the way back I slowed down to 40, still passed.

bulldogzbabe

HSC
its not true that if uve done 50 hours u should get ur Ps...the test can b a lot harder than you'd think...especially if ur tester person is an old mutt...theres heaps of pressure to get it right, and it all depends on ur car...i drive a manual that rolls backwards doesnt matter HOW flat the ground is..(its still fukken kickass)...but then you get the people who are driving celicas and preludes and everything that are AUTO..of course they're going to get their Ps easier!!! and it all depends on the day...it could rain...you could mess up where you wouldnt normally because of stupid people on the road....and the thing the RTA doesnt take into account is how nervous you are when you're concentrating on ALL the stupid things they make you do. i got failed because i didnt look at my blind spot for long enough...WTF man?? they want me to look backwards or forwards?...the little things you would NORMALLY do when ur driving are marked down even though they're normal. fuck u RTA i aint indicating left off a roundabout u stupid stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Testpilot

bulldogzbabe said:
its not true that if uve done 50 hours u should get ur Ps...the test can b a lot harder than you'd think...especially if ur tester person is an old mutt...theres heaps of pressure to get it right, and it all depends on ur car...i drive a manual that rolls backwards doesnt matter HOW flat the ground is..(its still fukken kickass)...but then you get the people who are driving celicas and preludes and everything that are AUTO..of course they're going to get their Ps easier!!! and it all depends on the day...it could rain...you could mess up where you wouldnt normally because of stupid people on the road....and the thing the RTA doesnt take into account is how nervous you are when you're concentrating on ALL the stupid things they make you do. i got failed because i didnt look at my blind spot for long enough...WTF man?? they want me to look backwards or forwards?...the little things you would NORMALLY do when ur driving are marked down even though they're normal. fuck u RTA i aint indicating left off a roundabout u stupid stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can't drive;
-when its raining,
-people are watching you,
-someone else on the road does something stupid,
-nerves,
-other insignificant things

then you do not deserve a license.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
bulldogzbabe said:
fuck u RTA i aint indicating left off a roundabout u stupid stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal with it, it's not that hard. And learn to use paragraphs.

Pace_T

HSC
bulldogzbabe said:
suck noodles, if you dont pass, its cause you're not good enough at driving to be on our roads. dont chuck a sook if you cant drive a manual, you can do the test in auto too if you want. every manual car rolls back on a slight incline, it's not just your car. keep practicing that, especially on some really steep hills and don't ride your clutch. then when you come across a small incline in the test, you wont have any problems.
actually i wish people had to do the tests in the rain, cause what if you encounter that situation for the first time when you are on your p's? sometimes its dangerous and thats why you need to take extra care, and the test should prepare you for that.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
My main pet peeve wrt driving is retards that don't indicate coming off a roundabout.

CieL

HSC
bulldogzbabe said:
Okay.. maybe you didn't pass because you're just shit?

There is no pressure to get it right because you should BE right already.
Even if your car does roll back, you shouldn't roll back half a metre.
I did my DART in the rain, and I've driven countless of times in the rain on my Ls.
If you were experienced, you'd be used to stupid people on the road and know how to avoid them or recover from the situation.
I didnt check my blind spot for a LONG time, but what I did do was exaggerate my movement so he knows for sure I looked way backwards and can't say I didnt check behind me.
They will only mark you down if they think you're not obeying the current NSW road and traffic rules.
And indicating left off a roundabout is a current rule.

bulldogzbabe

HSC
righto every1 lets slow down...let's deal with 1 asshole at a time ay?

triangulum: thank u 4 that english lesson..notice i am paragraphs this time u cocksuker?

pact t: my whole point was that if you don't pass doesn't necessarily mean you're not good enough to be on "your" roads...shit happens in the exam that you wouldn't otherwise do..i've got my Ps now so get ur head out of your ass..as i was saying..some ppl have trouble with nerves and other things that wouldn't normally happen, coz i did the first few goes and i damn well knew how to drive

ciel: u fatass...shut ur mouth b4 u say shit then contradict urself n say "nehh i dont look at my blind spot"...im pretty sure CHECKING UR BLIND SPOT is currently law .. fuken poser

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
15-1 odds that she crashes in the first year. any takers?

that kind of attitude towards people who are trying to help isnt appreciated. Basically you are a shit driver if you cant pass off the first go.

If you failed because you didnt check your blind spot then you dont know how to drive [ if you dont check your blind spot in real driving you risk having a severe accident]

if you arent indicating off a roundabout you are not obeying NSW road law, you can be booked for that but even worse, it causes confusion which can result in an accident that you will have to pay for.

If you are failing because you cannot drive in the rain, or have difficulty with other road users then you shouldnt be driving. Part of driving is being able to handle unpredictable situations and come out of it ok. You need to be able to anticipate others making stupid mistakes

Basically just fix those few problems, practise some more and you should be ok. You are a girl and most girls have a poor standard of driving anyway so no worries there.

CieL

HSC
bulldogzbabe said:
righto every1 lets slow down...let's deal with 1 asshole at a time ay?
I think the only asshole you need to deal with here is yourself.

If you learnt to read, you'll realise I said I don't check my blindspot for a long period of time (eg. over 2 secs). Not that I haven't done the action in a long time. Fucking retard.

Serius, I'm putting $100 down that she crashes. I am also hoping that she dies too. One less shit driver on the road.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)