Rudd to ban thin models (1 Viewer)

Buttigieg

Elite Member
HSC
Is Rudd Serious? We have a million and one real live ramily issues and he's looking at the fashion industry? How about transport, high petrol and food prices, education, health, and the banks passing the interest rate cut when it happens. This highlights a poor agenda for the Rudd government

I doubt that girls are going to starve themselves just because they see a thin lady on a cat walk. If you ask me, there is more to it than that. They need psychological help more than anything. Banning skinny models isnt going to stop the problem, its just going to mean that a whole lot of beautiful women are going to loose their jobs because of some PM that wants to control everything.

This is just dictating to us that we have to accept these people who say a size 14-16 is healthy! This is just to make all the people who can't be bothered eating healthy and staying in shape feel better by saying there is this eating disorder epidemic, despite the fact that every second person you see in public is overweight. But that's ok. That's not anyone's fault but the fast food companies and the advertisers.

Hmmm, WATCH based policies. Food watch, Fuel watch, Bank watch, Fashion watch. Watch next?

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Yeah well. Australia? YOU did this. YOU voted this retard in.

HSC
Kwayera said:
Yeah well. Australia? YOU did this. YOU voted this retard in.
I voted Greens.

This policy is kind of funny really. I always hear dumb parents constantly bitching about how 'unfair' it is that all these models have bodies which are 'so unrealistic' - it's like Rudd is driving around lower income suburbs and making laws out of the ramblings of 30-40 year old housewives.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
I voted Greens.

This policy is kind of funny really. I always hear dumb parents constantly bitching about how 'unfair' it is that all these models have bodies which are 'so unrealistic' - it's like Rudd is driving around lower income suburbs and making laws out of the ramblings of 30-40 year old housewives.
Preferences make a vote for greens basically a vote for labor.

That said, I voted Greens, too.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm getting tired of the fiddling around the edges.
Overaching narrative, go

What do you WANT from us Mr Rudd!?
Lead us and we WILL follow!!1

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
Trefoil said:
Good. I prefer my women without anorexia.

cannibal.horse: Please tell your fat friends that they are hopeless losers and if they don't want to die at 50, they should lose some fucking weight.
if you said that to them, they would probably start eating even more.

tahlsy31191

HSC
This is so stupid. What if they banned 'fat' models? Its excatly the same thing! There are so many skinny people in this world and they generally look better in clothes.

What is it that they actually want from us? Apparently being fat is bad but so is being skinny.

Annalisee

HSC
Their either tackling obesity or anorexia.
fuck
If the media/government didn't talk about it so much people wouldn't think about it and just eat, excersise and live as is healthy.

nick1689

HSC
Well its obvious now that K-Rudd is all about the ass.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Buttigieg said:
Is Rudd Serious? We have a million and one real live ramily issues and he's looking at the fashion industry? How about transport, high petrol and food prices, education, health, and the banks passing the interest rate cut when it happens. This highlights a poor agenda for the Rudd government

I doubt that girls are going to starve themselves just because they see a thin lady on a cat walk. If you ask me, there is more to it than that. They need psychological help more than anything. Banning skinny models isnt going to stop the problem, its just going to mean that a whole lot of beautiful women are going to loose their jobs because of some PM that wants to control everything.

This is just dictating to us that we have to accept these people who say a size 14-16 is healthy! This is just to make all the people who can't be bothered eating healthy and staying in shape feel better by saying there is this eating disorder epidemic, despite the fact that every second person you see in public is overweight. But that's ok. That's not anyone's fault but the fast food companies and the advertisers.

Hmmm, WATCH based policies. Food watch, Fuel watch, Bank watch, Fashion watch. Watch next?
+1

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
- it's like Rudd is driving around lower income suburbs and making laws out of the ramblings of 30-40 year old housewives.

Tires

Banned
HSC
Rudd's a caver. He caves under ANY public pressure and has trouble looking at the larger picture. What I liked about Howard was he had a fixed set points of principals on which he stood prior to being elected, and he was elected for these principles and so he stuck to them, for better or worse.

Take GST for example: Everyone was against it, but Howard knew we had to have it and so he put it in, no matter the pressure the public was exerting. Take WorkChoices as well: same deal.

Rudd's a show pony.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
scaredytiger said:
except im pretty sure howard promised NOT to bring in GST.
sounds like someone doesn't understand the difference between a 'core' and a 'non-core' promise

how's that education revolution going?

Tires

Banned
HSC
scaredytiger said:
except im pretty sure howard promised NOT to bring in GST.
Let's be honest, all politicians lie. It just comes with the territory. I'm pretty sure Howard knew for a long time that we needed the GST system.

HSC
Will Shakespear said:
sounds like someone doesn't understand the difference between a 'core' and a 'non-core' promise

how's that education revolution going?
...um, it was just that he used that as an example?

rudd is pretty shit. so is his education revolution. BRING ON MALCOLM, I SAY!

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
GST was needed and it's solved a lot of funding problems and streamlined a whole bunch of tax issues for small businesses.

Tires

Banned
HSC
Captain Hero said:
GST was needed and it's solved a lot of funding problems and streamlined a whole bunch of tax issues for small businesses.
Exactly. I doubt Rudd would ever implement something that is so strongly opposed by the general public as the GST policy was even if it would ensure that the state would reap major benefits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)