Rudd to ban thin models (1 Viewer)

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I've noticed all the changes he's making...some are good, but I think he should think about the consequences before agreeing to all those public opinions out there...he needs to understand that not every change that the population wants will be beneficial.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
A lot of my fat friends think this is wonderful news, quite personally I think its unfair to get rid of attractive models so a bunch of lardass girls don't have to feel inadaquate about their lack of self control when it comes to food.

Opinions?
That's a discrimination. People can be whatever they want...unless the law specifically states that they shouldn't.

mattchis

HSC
Cannibal Horse has a point though, Lyounamu.
There is no reason to get rid of thin models - there is a reason to get rid of the ones with eating problems - they should be in hospital or were ever getting better, not working. . .

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mattchis said:
Cannibal Horse has a point though, Lyounamu.
There is no reason to get rid of thin models - there is a reason to get rid of the ones with eating problems - they should be in hospital or were ever getting better, not working. . .
Fair enough.

aimhigh10

HSC
banning thin models is just stupid because what if they are just naturally skinny
(e.g. next top model)
and they actually look good in the clothes

berryfire609

HSC
N/A
im a model who has been working for the past two years and interacted with alot of models and i can tell you that the majority of them are naturally skinny but not naturally as skinny as they are. they work really hard but exercising heaps, eating alot less or eating very very carefully to stay the weight they are.
so dont be naive enough to think that the majority of models are naturally that skinny.

gen1991

HSC
why does John howard have to come in to every post, hes gone, long gone...

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
berryfire609 said:
im a model who has been working for the past two years and interacted with alot of models and i can tell you that the majority of them are naturally skinny but not naturally as skinny as they are. they work really hard but exercising heaps, eating alot less or eating very very carefully to stay the weight they are.
so dont be naive enough to think that the majority of models are naturally that skinny.
hard work?

no way, that'd involve personal responsibility [for being thin]

your profession should be outlawed so fat people can feel better about themselves

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Lol wtf he's actually going to do this?

I don't quite get this whole "it's so unrealistic" thing. Um, not really, I don't know what reality you live in but maintaining a size 6 frame is not THAT hard if you have inherited skinny genes which pretty much all catwalk models have. Fair enough if you're naturally a lardbucket it's unrealistic for YOU. It's not so for them. So just because seeing someone who looks better than you in clothes you can't afford offends you and gives you bulimia doesn't mean those models should have to pay for your inability to discern what is a healthy way to live and what isn't.

/rant

Seriously if you have an eating disorder I'll bet it goes a lot deeper than seeing some twig in a dress. The majority of people are not fucked over from seeing it.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
berryfire609 said:
Yeah maybe not naturally THAT skinny but it's no reason to ban them altogether, if people can't keep their heads screwed on because someone is skinnier than them, that's not the problem of the model.

Most clothes look better on skinny people anyway.

berryfire609

HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
hard work?

no way, that'd involve personal responsibility [for being thin]

your profession should be outlawed so fat people can feel better about themselves
you dont think its a models personal responsibility to be thin when their income depends on it??

people feeling good about themselves is completely up to them. you cant blame comeones own internal happyness about their appearance on others.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
truth is, obesity epidemics & eating disorders are the fault of yobbo parents who cbf looking after their kids properly and feed them shit

the australian way is always to blame someone else, look for an easy target

berryfire609

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
Yeah maybe not naturally THAT skinny but it's no reason to ban them altogether, if people can't keep their heads screwed on because someone is skinnier than them, that's not the problem of the model.

Most clothes look better on skinny people anyway.
i agree.

i wouldnt want skinny models to be banned or how would i get work.

i was just replying to the person above who was talking about the naturally skinny models.

and yes clothes are shown off better on people whos frame doesnt distract from the clothing.. instead models frames complements it.

gen1991

HSC
Why would it matter who modelled the clothes? why does it matter that the clothes look better on thinner people, surely you can tell if you like an article of clothing regardless if its on someone fatter or skinnier?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
gen1991 said:
Why would it matter who modelled the clothes? why does it matter that the clothes look better on thinner people, surely you can tell if you like an article of clothing regardless if its on someone fatter or skinnier?
Yeah you can but when designers want to present their creations they don't want to show it on someone who bulges out of the outfit in odd places because it's going to take away from the beauty or weirdness or whatever of the garment.

I think the thing that bugs me most about this is the idea of promoting "healthy sized women" and "real women". WTF does that mean. It is perfectly healthy to be a size 10 or 8 or even 6, believe it or not some people are naturally built that way. If someone is jealous because they weren't, well, get over it that's all I can say. Oh and newsflash to fat people, being naturally disposed to being skinny doesn't mean you can get away with not exercising, you do actually need to do something to maintain what you've got, it's not going overboard or being obsessive lol.

mattchis

HSC
It will never work anyway - Not trying to be mean or anything, but if your a clothing company and want to make your clothing look really good - your not going to put them on an overweight person and take pictures and put them in a magazine . . .

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Kwayera said:
Yeah well. Australia? YOU did this. YOU voted this retard in.
Yeah man Howard was a much better alternative.

So he's going to ban thin models? Who cares? How's that a bad thing?

o wait

SLIPPERY SLOPE, AMIRITE?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Yeah man Howard was a much better alternative.

So he's going to ban thin models? Who cares?
thin models, i'd imagine

it has nothing to do with models really

it's the fact that anything that ignorant bogans dislike is up for grabs so the gub'ment can be seen to be DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT for the CHILDREN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)