Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Actually, alcohol has been a prominent party of Australian culture since it was settled. It used to be that if you hadn't seen somebody that day it was customary to have a beer with them.

However, since then, Australia has gone from the largest consumer of alcohol in the world per capita, to something like the 15th, and we continue to fall. Supposedly our tastes are becoming more 'refined'.

More like we just have people like Rudd in government who need a scapegoat to shift focus away from issues like the economy and interest rates.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Slidey said:
Actually, alcohol has been a prominent party of Australian culture since it was settled. It used to be that if you hadn't seen somebody that day it was customary to have a beer with them.
Indeed, the trade of rum and the pivotal role it played in colonial life is certainly testament to that.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'm sitting here laughing at all the young people who voted for Rudd thinking that he would bring young and new ideas to the table. Now they're realising just how cheated they were. Hahaha. Idiots.

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
$66 per litre of ethanol. Fuck me. No wonder alcohol is so expensive.

*forms No Alcohol Tax Party*

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Perhaps a few of us should dress as Aboriginies, board a linfox truck delivering lemon ruskies, smash them all in the gutter.
Republican movement takes it from there.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
The Commonwealth goes far too far. They impose crippling taxation burden upon those who have not attained sufficent age (the most loyal and industrious of her citizens, you would agree) yet refuse them the right to representation in her governing institutions.
Brothers, I beseech you to impress upon our noble, esteemed, innocently misguided rulers in far away Shite Canaberry, in the most liberal of terms, to put an end to this madness, to embrace liberty, freedom, justice, democracy god save the king hick

Mumma

HSC
If the price of beer increases blood will be spilled.

I don't drink these silly 'alcopops' (what moron was paid to come up with that name?) , but nothing shits me more than a nanny state.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I get knocked down, but I get up again! The man can't keep me down!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
And now increasing the price of cigarettes!

This is a terrible form of addiction and in my opinion increasing it's price won't be enough to stop people smoking - smoking is already an expensive habit to many of our less fortunate citizens, increasing their cost is just going to burden the already financially destitute.

Tax the cigarette companies more and use that money to improve education.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
JaredR said:

This is a terrible form of addiction and in my opinion increasing it's price won't be enough to stop people smoking - smoking is already an expensive habit to many of our less fortunate citizens, increasing their cost is just going to burden the already financially destitute.

It's not terrible, it's hilarious, especially if they lose their houses because of it

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
JaredR said:

Taxing companies generally increases the price of their products...

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
lol at Rudd wanting to put tax on beer and wine, this will increase inflations. Rudd is all talk no action and no solution, the only reason why he had a 2020 summit is because since he couldn't 'me too' to Howard any more, he needed to find ideas from everybody else.

Rudd loves being with celebrities, and i hope his honeymoon would be over soon.

*link to opinion blogs, read read!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Reminds me of when Elizabeth I (read Gillard under command from the Almighty, read.. Keating) offered the sweet wine tax to her lover (read the left) in return for compliments and sex
No?

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
lol at Rudd wanting to put tax on beer and wine, this will increase inflations. Rudd is all talk no action and no solution, the only reason why he had a 2020 summit is because since he couldn't 'me too' to Howard any more, he needed to find ideas from everybody else.

Rudd loves being with celebrities, and i hope his honeymoon would be over soon.

*link to opinion blogs, read read!
It does seem like Rudd is still trying to win a popularity contest. (But he is already PM?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)