Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

bassistx

HSC
Schroedinger said:
Well that's retarded and hugely fucking incorrect, demonstrating you have no understanding of the composition of the Labor party, what their values are and what their ideals are.
Smithers said it. I was pointing out how idiotic he is. You're obviously in tow :rolleyes:

This isn't a left-wing/right-wing battle. It's stupid sober people who are sick of being the only sober person in a drunk crowd because they haven't got the guts. Making it political won't get you anywhere if you want your alcomohol.

williamc said:
you deadset have to be the dumbest bitch i ever seen/e-read posts.
You must live on a farm if you need a car to get to work. Oh wait, work is in the backyard! Problem solved.

Captain Gh3y said:
it's beneficial if more people die younger as it reduces the strain on the system
lol! So long as you lead the movement.

Mumma said:
If they start sticking shit all over my Jame Squire bottles someone is going to die.
Schroedinger said:
Seconded. They are gorgeous bottles with a brilliant beer.
Omium, fuck off you wannabe terrorist.
Hey, Schro, you know Mumma was Muslim, don't you? Oh my!

HalcyonSky said:
I think after 10 we're limited to 4 drinks per patron, dont know how they follow that up but whatever.
Stamping, I guess.

Graney said:
  • No pub crawl ever.
As if anybody is going to stand for this.

esquared said:
I propose all bottles of bundy rum carry labels that say "attn 17 year old boys: drinking a whole bottle of spirits will not make your cock bigger"
lol True, binge drinking is more of "manly" thing.

boris

Banned
HSC
Re: who IS responsible for teenage binge drinking?

Fuck people with coeliac disease. If they're too retarded to get an intestinal tract that functions properly, they don't deserve to drink beer.

bassistx

HSC

boris said:
Fuck people with coeliac disease. If they're too retarded to get an intestinal tract that functions properly, they don't deserve to drink beer.
Excuse me? Why don't you find a cure? Some people are born with it, I wasn't but it sure as hell doesn't make things any easier. Harder if anything because you ALREADY KNOW WHAT BREAD TASTES LIKE.

boris

Banned
HSC

bassistx said:
Excuse me? Why don't you find a cure? Some people are born with it, I wasn't but it sure as hell doesn't make things any easier. Harder if anything because you ALREADY KNOW WHAT BREAD TASTES LIKE.
Why do I need to find a cure. Go find your own cure.

I'm too busy drinking delicious beer and eating delicious cakes and breads.

Mumma

HSC
bassistx said:
Hey, Schro, you know Mumma was Muslim, don't you? Oh my!
This is true. I've been on a few anti-alcohol jihads in my lifetime, which involved drinking all the alcohol in a pub so no one else could

bassistx

HSC

boris said:
Why do I need to find a cure. Go find your own cure.

I'm too busy drinking delicious beer and eating delicious cakes and breads.
I hear beer is gross. Shrugs.
I have GF bread, cakes, etc. Takes forever to make 'em right though.
I was just pointing out that coeliacs are screwed because they can't buy the home kits or go to a bar/pub/etc. That is all. No reason to say "go get functioning intestines". You might like to know that stress in serious forms can lead to developing allergies - I'm a walking example.

Mumma said:
This is true. I've been on a few anti-alcohol jihads in my lifetime, which involved drinking all the alcohol in a pub so no one else could
LOL! Schro said something in the White People thread about Muslims/genetics/etc and yeah, just pointing out that it doesn't "stay with you" :) Hope you don't mind me using you as an additional example haha.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

This isn't a left-wing/right-wing battle. It's stupid sober people who are sick of being the only sober person in a drunk crowd because they haven't got the guts. Making it political won't get you anywhere if you want your alcomohol.
But it is left v right. Left wingers want to ban shit, and the right want freedom.

bassistx

HSC

withoutaface said:
But it is left v right. Left wingers want to ban shit, and the right want freedom.
Out of interest, I'll ask CL what their take on this is.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

What the fuck is CL?

kchap42

HSC
has anyone noticed how rubbish this is? Rudd does'nt really care - he just pretends to because people are complaining about it. Anyone remember the night he got drunk over in the US and all that controversy... we yea - so he goes out and gets drunk and he is trying to send messages to our youth not to binge drink.

But I suppose, he doesn't remember that night.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's a serious and legitimate threat to public health.
Deal/ing with it.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hi I'm kevin and I'm here to look after your children when youre too lazy

esquared

HSC

withoutaface said:
Um, what the fuck?

You sound like my aunt's father or whatever who came here from america once and spent a lunch at our house explaining that gun lobbies are awesome because if nobody owns guns, the government will dominate us. And that left-wing governments (read: left of Republican) are into welfare, health care, etc. so that they can control and shape society.

Absolute fucking bullshit. With the exception of far-left governments, the left are generally more libertarian than the right. There are exceptions - in America, Ron Paul is a republican who is a libertarian (leading to a huge internet buzz of people who don't realise that he is a joke), but to say that the right want freedom, and the left want restriction is past ridiculous.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

esquared said:
Absolute fucking bullshit. With the exception of far-left governments, the left are generally more libertarian than the right. There are exceptions - in America, Ron Paul is a republican who is a libertarian (leading to a huge internet buzz of people who don't realise that he is a joke), but to say that the right want freedom, and the left want restriction is past ridiculous.
If you want to consistently define left and right as two consistent ideologies, then you need to consider more than the 'conservative' vs 'american liberal' dichotomy (hint: we're not in America). The right believe in economic liberalism, this is just about universal, and social authoritarianism is not consistent with economic liberalism because there are issues where they clash (e.g. drugs are a legitimate market service, to restrict freedom of speech is to introduce regulation on the market, etc). Hence to be consistent it makes a fucktonne more sense to define the right as being socially liberal as well as economically so, and the left as being the antithesis of this.

Besides, the last couple of months surely must have taught you something about the socially authoritarian tendencies of the left in Australia...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

withoutaface said:
Besides, the last couple of months surely must have taught you something about the socially authoritarian tendencies of the left in Australia...
I'd hardly call Rudd a typical representative of the Australian left. He's much more socially conservative than is usual for people who identify themselves as being on the left of politics.

dodgyv

CEO
HSC

they should spend that billion else where no one dies from drinking to much lOl the only result is one big beer gut- and another person equivalent of Tim Smith nothing more. i remember seeing that ad saying if you donate 5buks you can save a child....1billion divided by 5 how many kids will rud save?

esquared

HSC

withoutaface said:
If you want to consistently define left and right as two consistent ideologies, then you need to consider more than the 'conservative' vs 'american liberal' dichotomy (hint: we're not in America). The right believe in economic liberalism, this is just about universal, and social authoritarianism is not consistent with economic liberalism because there are issues where they clash (e.g. drugs are a legitimate market service, to restrict freedom of speech is to introduce regulation on the market, etc). Hence to be consistent it makes a fucktonne more sense to define the right as being socially liberal as well as economically so, and the left as being the antithesis of this.

I see your point to an extent, but you're still being far too black-and-white. It's not just economics, what about "morality" and all of that nonsense? I'm perhaps taking too much from american and australian politics, but i've always found that on more social issues the right-wing types are more into restriction.

HSC

Triangulum said:
I'd hardly call Rudd a typical representative of the Australian left. He's much more socially conservative than is usual for people who identify themselves as being on the left of politics.
i agree. to quote my sister "i dont think theres even as much space between rudd and howard than there is seperating the knife and fork on your table"

rudd isnt left wing. if you want an example of a left wing labor pm, research gough whitlam.

labors conservative now. greens is your left wing. =D

just coz labor and liberal arent in a coalition doesnt mean they have different approaches.

of course, since i stopped watching tv, i have heard very little of politics. and politics is depressing anyhow. all you see is dickheads who make pretty speeches and do the opposite of what they say.

im sure i sound like i know nothing about politics with that last statement, but i used to be all interested. then i realised how futile it is. now im mostly apathetic. id much rather stay in an intact philosophical bubble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)