Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

kchap42

HSC
Re: who IS responsible for teenage binge drinking?

dodgyv said:
they should spend that billion else where no one dies from drinking to much lOl the only result is one big beer gut- and another person equivalent of Tim Smith nothing more. i remember seeing that ad saying if you donate 5buks you can save a child....1billion divided by 5 how many kids will rud save?
lol um you said noone dies from drinking to much? I think that is what this is about, educating people. It's called alcohol poisoning, no only this but alcohol can cause people to obtain many injuries and sometimes die.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Triangulum said:
I'd hardly call Rudd a typical representative of the Australian left. He's much more socially conservative than is usual for people who identify themselves as being on the left of politics.
Well he's the posterkid, and you can't have it both ways...

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

withoutaface said:
Well he's the posterkid, and you can't have it both ways...
Have what both ways?

It's stupid to suggest that because the leader of a political party that is based in the left has particular social views, the entire Australian left must share those views. The Australian left is a massively diverse group of people, it isn't defined by Kevin Rudd.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Who's that SA MP who thinks mandatory drug testing in schools (which would cost $350 million for one saliva test for every school kid in Australia) is a good idea?

Which party?

If it's Liberal, fucking lol.

EDIT: OK apparently she is an independant.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC

kchap42 said:
lol um you said noone dies from drinking to much? I think that is what this is about, educating people. It's called alcohol poisoning, no only this but alcohol can cause people to obtain many injuries and sometimes die.
It's actually less about alcohol poisoning than it is about the anti social behaviour that seems to be associated with binge drinking.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

jb_nc said:
Who's that SA MP who thinks mandatory drug testing in schools (which would cost $350 million for one saliva test for every school kid in Australia) is a good idea?
Crazy bitch was on Triple J.

"I'm hearing support for drug testing from everyone. The teachers are saying they're overwhelmed and can't deal with students who come to class high. Even students are coming and telling me they want this implemented."

She went on to site as her evidence for the overwhelming support polls conducted on a current affair and the ninemsn website that showed >80% support. Seriously.

When questioned by Hack host about a proper poll that showed >80% opposition "well it would depend who you asked".

bassistx

HSC
I got a call from one of the Militant girls before I could email CL.
In conclusion;
-Rudd is conservative, not leftist
-It is a social issue, not a political issue
-Communists have nothing to do with bans. I'm sure workers will fight for a cold beer at the end of 8 hours of labour.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I live on the "good side" of North Perth so Idc about your drinking and shit.

No matter how much you educate people, some are just gonna be fuckwits anyway.

GL with your Utopia posters

kchap42

HSC

boris said:
It's actually less about alcohol poisoning than it is about the anti social behaviour that seems to be associated with binge drinking.
He doesn't really care about the behaviour or the alcohol poisoning/health related issues. Its just a cover up to make it look like this, really he is trying to prevent them from taking up precious room in the hospitals because the labor state governments have them in such problems.

williamc

HSC

withoutaface said:
But it is left v right. Left wingers want to ban shit, and the right want freedom.
Umm nah you are wrong.

Economically, free market is right wing, but banning alcohol has nothing to do with the economic side of politics.

From a social perspective, wanting to be free, and do what you want is anarchism, where facism being extreme right wing conforming to a strict set of rules.

So techinically banning alcohol is right wing from a social perspective.

edit: kool wait for bassitix to come and disagree with me. BASSISTX DO NOT REPLY TO WHAT I JUST SAID PLEASE.

cams90

HSC

jezzmo said:
Never really been drunk before but i know a few cats that have. Meow. I don't understand why people would want to drink poison, but that's exactly what they do. Drink poison to shrink their brains and make them less responsible. Doesn't make sense to me.
try it is fun, live a little, you should at least experience something once before you pass judgement on it.
but on this binge drinking culture it is getting worse. now im older and look at all the 14 yr olds running around cronulla mall on a friday or sataday night pissed off their heads i think to myself they think its ok, and australia has really done nothing to discourage this. so i think yes it is a large sum of money but the pay off could be quite worth it in the long run but dont raise the drinking age because most people see the light by the time there 18 and drink in moderation.

calcie

HSC

cams90 said:
by the time there 18 and drink in moderation.
this is soo very true, i can still remember when i was a younger child, the excitement of getting completely smashed was just all to good
but now that i am older, i only drink to relax, enjoy and chill with my friends, cant say i have had an excessive ammount of alcohol since NYE (that was a shocking night)

im sure that u dont need that amount of money to campaign something that majority of young teens will disregard - put another billion into the public health system

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

williamc said:
Umm nah you are wrong.

Economically, free market is right wing, but banning alcohol has nothing to do with the economic side of politics.
Wrong. You're introducing a regulation on a good, which is sold. This is an economic mechanism, even if it is also social in nature.
From a social perspective, wanting to be free, and do what you want is anarchism, where facism being extreme right wing conforming to a strict set of rules.
Yeah because Stalin, Mao, Castro, Kim Jong Il and Mugabe are extreme right wing. I mean even Hitler was centrist at best (and moderate left at worst) economically, like fuck, he wanted to nationalise industry and close the borders.
So techinically banning alcohol is right wing from a social perspective.
No.

bassistx

HSC

Are you challenging me, William?
Because I still stand by what, naturally, all Communists agree on: it is a social issue, hardly political. I already stated this.

zoeanne

HSC
Rudd can try and stop bringe underage drinking, but its not going to work. he is going to push more people to drink to go against him.. seriously
my parents let me drink everynow and then (yes im under age.. i wont be in one week though :D) anyway. i dont really go out and drink and aim to get drunk all the time. its nothin great. but you see some of my friends who go out and drink all the time becaus their parents wont let them drink so they do it just to spite them.. so thats whats going to happen here.
and if they try and life the age your aloud to drinnk. its just going to cause more underage drinkers.. it comes down to the parents to talk about it with their children.

Jess007

HSC

whos resonsible.... the peolpe who by them the alcohol if their underage
if not then its the jobs that dont let them drink

its the stress of uni or work

its the peers

this world!!

binge drinking will be around for a long time to come
i dont see how it could be wiped out

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

bassistx said:
Are you challenging me, William?
Because I still stand by what, naturally, all Communists agree on: it is a social issue, hardly political. I already stated this.
Well that settles it then.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A

jezzmo said:
Never really been drunk before but i know a few cats that have. Meow. I don't understand why people would want to drink poison, but that's exactly what they do. Drink poison to shrink their brains and make them less responsible. Doesn't make sense to me.

Raising the drinking age seems a positive step to raising the age of park dwellers. As I get older, this is important to subdue my growing pedophilia image.

Putting warning labels on bottles is an EXCELLENT idea. When Nordic spacemen of the future find our self-foecated society and muse upon the ruins.. they will find bottles of consumable liquid that say "Hey, I've been made for your consumption, but please don't drink me. I'm bad for you", i'd imagine in a husky voice. Why drink something that's bad for you? That's the question we all ask as we inquisitively nozzle the liquid for an answer. By the time we get to the next bottle, we've already lost sight of the question but you're naked so that's ok.

See you on the other side, I'm taking this turkey to town.
lollll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)