Rugby League World Cup 2008 (1 Viewer)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Was working there eh. When I was walking out I saw the Aussie players boarding their bus. I said "good win fellas" to Lockyer and Price.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Rugby League World Cup ===> Epic fail

Shit attendance, shit media coverage, practicurly no one gives a fuck

Aplus

HSC
N/A
World Cup? The game is hardly global in any sense of the word.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Abos: 34 - 26
i heard the maoris wanted all their gear brought out onto the sidelines where they could see it

coz they didnt' feel save with that many aboriginals in one place

frontman

HSC
Aplus said:
World Cup? The game is hardly global in any sense of the word.
The only game that is "global" is soccer.

And there's about 20 other sports that hold world championships for their respective sports so why shouldn't rugby league.

frontman

HSC
Also in terms of excitement all the other games >>>> Australia vs New Zealand.

Mozza91

HSC
Nasonex said:
Rugby League World Cup ===> Epic fail

Shit attendance, shit media coverage, practicurly no one gives a fuck
The reason they have had this world cup is to expand the game people who say the game isn't big elsewhere are idiots in PNG players are worshipped it is similar in alot of the other Island countries they all care about the world cup

HSC
yeah png tonga and all those shitcunt places live for rugby in either form. league only in png. A lot of countries play rugby league so why not have a world cup? because australia will dominate it so badly it isn't funny. England struggled against png, aus will rape them by 50 i think.

Mozza91

HSC
What does it matter who wins as long as the game is getting exposure countries like PNG,Tonga and Fiji are just happy playing and know that there not gonna win anything.

Terlob

HSC
frontman said:
The only game that is "global" is soccer.
Ahhh.... Swimming? Track and Field? Boxing? I think you'll find there is more than one "global" sport.

Channel Nine said they would cover every game in the tournament when it was first announced... so much for that

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
talking about coerage, i doubt any game chnl 9 covers would be live. it is an absolute joke nrl keeps letting these guys broadcasting it.

still, let's not take away the exposure the game gets at the other nations.

frontman

HSC
Terlob said:
Ahhh.... Swimming? Track and Field? Boxing? I think you'll find there is more than one "global" sport.

Channel Nine said they would cover every game in the tournament when it was first announced... so much for that
Ok in teams sports there is only soccer.

And in terms of global media domination, fans, attendences, participation, sponsorship its still only soccer.

Track and field and swimming are global but only geographically, which is a pretty superficial interpretation.

Terlob

HSC
frontman said:
Ok in teams sports there is only soccer.

And in terms of global media domination, fans, attendences, participation, sponsorship its still only soccer.

Track and field and swimming are global but only geographically, which is a pretty superficial interpretation.
No. Track and Field and Swimming both achieve large amounts of coverage an sponsorship, even if not to the extent that soccer does.

Again, soccer would be the biggest global team sport but others, such as basketball and possibly field hockey, are played at competition level in most countries.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)