Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
I have a new job at Target after leaving the shithole known as Hungry Jack's and have things to rant about, even if I've only had 3 shifts =]

1. After I've processed all your items and bagged them for you, don't ask me to go through each bag and put all your bras/chocolates/socks into a separate bag. It's fucking annoying if they're all separated and I have to empty the bags onto the counter and repack them. Just don't bother.

2. Don't complain because we don't accept New Zealand Fly Buys cards. You're a cheap fuck.

3. Don't get pissed off when I have to call a particular department for a price check or if your item isn't scanned at a discounted price. Even if you say it's x% off, I can't just put it through for you. Chances are you're lying and if you are, my supervisor will not be happy if I discount it.

4. If I've signed off my register and turned off my light so I can empty my hanger bin (which is overflowing) etc., don't you dare give me death stares because I'm not there to serve you for 2 minutes. Go to another register, I'm not the only operator there you blind idiot.

Phewww, I feel better. =]

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Don't ring up to place a credit card order, when you're so fucked in the head you can't even figure out what the expiry date on your card is. Do not give me 3 choices and ask me to try them all out. Do not give me a five digit number for your CCV, when the eftpos machine tells me the CCV is a four digit number. After the third time I tell you your card is declined, do not keep talking to me.

In short, stop being such a stupid fuck.

lauraa2407

HSC
1. Actually reply when i look at you straight in the eyes and force out a 'hey, how ya going?' i dont really want to talk to you either, but im still doing it aren't i?

2. don't watch me pack your green bags, then get annoyed and unpack it and repack it 'your' way, which is the same as my way.

3. don't ignore me when i ask for fly buys. i will continue to ask you and become louder and louder until everyone in the store is looking at you like your a retard.

4. don't expect me to give a shit when your back hurts. EVERYONE'S BACK HURTS.

5. dont attempy cheesy pick up lines expecting them to work/make me smile (take special note here, old sleazy men)

6. treat me like an actual human being: with respect!!

7. dont put your shopping basket on the bench and expect me to unpack it, scan the shit, put it in bags for you and then be nice to you. so. fucking. lazy.

god, its soo good to vent on annoying customers!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
If you want to do something that is clearly against the normal operating procedure, ask politely and it might just get done.

I was about to open up express the other day and there were 3 trolleys lined up accross 2 normal registers, and about half a dozen people with handbaskets.

Now, above the express registers it has a MASSIVE sign (we're talking like half a meter high, 2.5 metres across, lit up like a christmas tree), this sign says

"EXPRESS SERVICE
Handbaskets Only"

then in front of the express lane we have a sign that on one said says express is closed, but on the other says

"Please wait here for the next availible register. No trolleys Please"

as i'm flipping this sign, i see a trolley about to move into express, and i just say "sorry. no trolleys" and go around to be behind the register to start serving. again, i see a trolley tryingh to get through "Sorry sir, no trolleys, you'll have to use a normal register"

Now this guy comes through demanding that he be served because express is wide enough to fit trolleys, he only has a few items and he needs a trolley because he has a child" by this point i'm just over it so just say "fine, come through, but next time please use the normal registers" and he keeps going on and on about his kid and his few items etc.

I sympathise with his situation, and if there werent a shitload of non-trolley customers lined up i would have let him through without a word (we often do). I even would have let him through with non-trolley customers if HE HAD OF TAKEN THE TIME TO ASK ME IF HE COULD DO SOMETHING, INSTEAD OF JUST GOING AHEAD AND DOING IT THINKING HE HAS THE RIGHT TO - WHICH HE DOES NOT.

if he had of taken 10 seconds to ask a simple question politely, he would have been served a whole lot quicker.

*Minka*

HSC
gcchick said:
I have a new job at Target after leaving the shithole known as Hungry Jack's and have things to rant about, even if I've only had 3 shifts =]

1. After I've processed all your items and bagged them for you, don't ask me to go through each bag and put all your bras/chocolates/socks into a separate bag. It's fucking annoying if they're all separated and I have to empty the bags onto the counter and repack them. Just don't bother.
I used to hate this as well during my Target days. Not only is it a pain in the butt for me, but it is a WASTE OF PLASTIC.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I have more rules after two weeks working pretty much every day:

1. Don't ask just for a happy meal and then rant on the rest of your order. Also specify what burger/nuggets (how many nuggets?), what drink and boys or girls toy.

2. Don't get pissed if I turn around and start making your drinks as you delve into your wallet for change.

3. Breakfast? Give yourself MORE then five minutes to have it. I have five other customers I'm trying to please and you all want the same bacon and egg McMuffin so please, either give yourself more time to have breakfast or FUCK OFF.

4. Seniors, don't ask for three free drinks in the one fucking meal... I have to get my manager to swipe it if you do! And also don't swear at me if I put cold milk in your coffee instead of hot. BIG FUCKING DEAL.

5. Don't order fries unless you want me to bite you. I hate fries, dropping them, making the boxes, all of it.

6. Don't make a huge order and then get the shits If I ask you to wait for a few minutes for one item of it. You're already too fat!

7. Deli rolls will usually have a five minute or so wait. Get over it!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
supercalamari said:
I have more rules after two weeks working pretty much every day:

3. Breakfast? Give yourself MORE then five minutes to have it. I have five other customers I'm trying to please and you all want the same bacon and egg McMuffin so please, either give yourself more time to have breakfast or FUCK OFF.

4. Seniors, don't ask for three free drinks in the one fucking meal... I have to get my manager to swipe it if you do! And also don't swear at me if I put cold milk in your coffee instead of hot. BIG FUCKING DEAL.

5. Don't order fries unless you want me to bite you. I hate fries, dropping them, making the boxes, all of it.
i don't know about anyone else, but they are very reasonable demands from a customer. what the hell is wrong with getting fries?

most people post on this thread rant about stuff minority of customers do, and it is something extraordinary. you, ma'm, seem to have nothing but hate for your customers. is it so hard to serve a senior who may be struggling with his pension, and all he wanted was a free drink with a meal he purchased? outrageous!

CieL

HSC
supercalamari said:
6. Don't make a huge order and then get the shits If I ask you to wait for a few minutes for one item of it. You're already too fat!

7. Deli rolls will usually have a five minute or so wait. Get over it!
These two are pretty ordinary too.

I guess if they're making a massive order they're pretty hungry.. and for both of them, customers never got shitty at me [when I worked in hospitality] if I tell them before they pay that it'll be a bit/X minute wait..

They'd either..
a) *makes a face* that they have to wait more than 1minute
b) choose something else that's faster
c) accept the waiting time.

Because I mean.... it's fast food.... people just expect it to be fast disregarding anything else.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Because I mean.... it's fast food.... people just expect it to be fast disregarding anything else.
I don't really mind, unless it takes ages to get me my food and I'm on my lunchbreak from work. I have a 10 hour shift, and don't want to wait 20minutes for my meal.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
supercalamari said:
what the fuck? Don't order fries? Look, I'm going to have to agree with wuddie here. A lot of the things people complain about on this thread are about seriously retarded things that customers do (like the customer that asked me which Kinder Surprise had a spiderman toy inside it. How the fuck would I know). Don't complain about ordinary things that your job actually requires you to do. Now if your rule was something like, "don't order fries and demand that they all be the same length", that's something worth complaining about.

Fathers

Banned
HSC
kate_is_me said:
what the fuck? Don't order fries? Look, I'm going to have to agree with wuddie here. A lot of the things people complain about on this thread are about seriously retarded things that customers do (like the customer that asked me which Kinder Surprise had a spiderman toy inside it. How the fuck would I know). Don't complain about ordinary things that your job actually requires you to do. Now if your rule was something like, "don't order fries and demand that they all be the same length", that's something worth complaining about.
AHAHAHAHA, I agree.

My rule:

-Don't come into KFC and ask if me for 5 pieces of chicken because it's really hard to fit the 5th piece in the box. Seriously. Fucking customers. Stop being so fat and only eat 4 pieces god dammit!

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
lol

Bernard: What do they want from me? Why can't they leave me alone? I mean, what do they want from me?!
Manny: Well they want to buy books.
Bernard: Yeah but why me?! Why do they come to me?!
Manny: Because you sell books.
Bernard: Yeah, I know...

CieL

HSC
Fathers said:
AHAHAHAHA, I agree.

My rule:

-Don't come into KFC and ask if me for 5 pieces of chicken because it's really hard to fit the 5th piece in the box. Seriously. Fucking customers. Stop being so fat and only eat 4 pieces god dammit!
Pretty normal one too.
Just get 5 smaller pieces of chicken. Then they'll fit =D

And cold milk is definately not meant to go in a hot coffee.. Who the fuck trained you??

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
wuddie said:
i don't know about anyone else, but they are very reasonable demands from a customer. what the hell is wrong with getting fries?

most people post on this thread rant about stuff minority of customers do, and it is something extraordinary. you, ma'm, seem to have nothing but hate for your customers. is it so hard to serve a senior who may be struggling with his pension, and all he wanted was a free drink with a meal he purchased? outrageous!
I just don't like the constant battle between the people I work with who NEVER put in fries to cook and always tell me to drop another basket before I take any even though they take them without refilling and I especially hate it if I make up five boxes for a customer and the drive thru presenter suddenly tells me they 'urgently need them for drive thru'. Jeez. It's just a pet annoyance, don't mind me.

That is not true, I like MOST of my customers. The nice, polite, considerate, friendly, non-smelly ones.

Ciel said:
These two are pretty ordinary too.

I guess if they're making a massive order they're pretty hungry.. and for both of them, customers never got shitty at me [when I worked in hospitality] if I tell them before they pay that it'll be a bit/X minute wait..

They'd either..
a) *makes a face* that they have to wait more than 1minute
b) choose something else that's faster
c) accept the waiting time.

Well it's not going to be instant at any point, especially if I am serving ten other people at the same time. I tell customers there will be an X minute wait, they still get pissed off.

CieL said:
And cold milk is definately not meant to go in a hot coffee.. Who the fuck trained you??
Brainfreeze, I swear to God.

kate_is_me said:
I agree with you, but have you ever worked in fast food? It can be frustrating. You already know that.

jirwin

HSC
I'm not a coffee drinker but what's the big deal with cold milk in coffee? It's what happens when my parents make instant coffee at home.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i dnno how else milk is going to come?

Hot milk = off milk no?

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
elitist coffee makers believe the milk needs to be steamed before putting it in the coffee. My mum hates this and always asks for cold milk in her coffee and she gets some weird looks from cafe staff.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
jirwin said:
I'm not a coffee drinker but what's the big deal with cold milk in coffee? It's what happens when my parents make instant coffee at home.
oh bogans :rolleyes:

fwiw, the "coffee" at maccas is hardly coffee at all
more like a giant tub of coffee flavoured muck for the average 2 bob strayan
so i don't see what the customers expected, lol

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
supercalamari said:
I just don't like the constant battle between the people I work with who NEVER put in fries to cook and always tell me to drop another basket before I take any even though they take them without refilling and I especially hate it if I make up five boxes for a customer and the drive thru presenter suddenly tells me they 'urgently need them for drive thru'. Jeez. It's just a pet annoyance, don't mind me.
maybe this belongs in the 'rules for staff' thread?
jirwin said:
some people don't like/ can't having cold milk in their coffee. you may think it is nothing unusual, but in the hospitality industry, a business has to think long and hard before they decide to serve something cold, becasue there is always the chance of germs and all that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)