Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

HSC
Just to lighten the mood of the thread,

On last Thursday when I had finished by shift, I was leaving the shopping centre and an old lady grabbed my arm. She said that I'd served her a couple of times and that I was always very nice to her, and wished me a happy easter. :santa:

Nice old customers are great :shy:

Peartie

HSC

On last Thursday when I had finished by shift, I was leaving the shopping centre and an old lady grabbed my arm. She said that I'd served her a couple of times and that I was always very nice to her, and wished me a happy easter. :santa:

i know - when i was at woolies there was this one old lady who came in at 1015 am every saturday - was weird, but she always was nice to me and made my day seem a tad better on those hectic days which everyone hates

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A

Awwww :) I love nice customers.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hah, old customers.
This one woman shops at our store every Saturday, and she always strikes up a conversation with me and stuff.
Then one day she asked me how many children I have. :(

Gloves

HSC
you guys don't know what you want. you say that you don't want customers talking to you because it slows your job down and because the customers are generally boring, but now you say that you enjoy it.

cmon guys, make up your minds.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
...and I look pretty young so even more worrying was the children assumption :(
hahahahaha yeah that's weird

I remember an old lady assuming for some reason that I was married and asking what my husband and I were doing on the weekend. I was 15 and looked more like 12. Didn't really know what to say to her :/

yoddle

is cool
HSC
In Tassie at Woolies we have this thing called a Frequent Shopper Card from back when it was Rolf Vos/Purity with just a one point per dollar and at the end of the year you get vouchers. Anyway we always ask as a part of the Mode of Sale "do you have your Shopper card?".

I served this guy on express who had a basket of stuff, he left, then came back cos he'd forgotten something. Anyway it only cost like $1.10 so i didn't remind him to use his card and so as i'm getting his change he puts the card on the table and i'm like 'oh sorry i forgot to ask it's too late now', but he insists I manually write them up on this sheet we have for when customers forget to use their card.

Dude. ONE POINT. just get over it. you just wasted minutes of your life fretting over one point.

mitch179

HSC
Dear old lady customer,

The eftpos machine on the register is not as slow as YOU are.
Therefore, don't swipe it through so slowly, as the machine will not read it.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Hah.
A guy I was serving when I got thrown onto checkouts for two hours midshift was trying to swipe his card insanely fast through the eftpos machine. It didn't work and he attempted it like five times.
I suggested he try swiping it a little slower and he was like *if you think you know so much, do it yourself*
I got it first go, stupid prick :(
I got

Kiim2507

HSC
Haha that just reminded me of this lady

Annoying cutomer: Can I have 2 pieces of chicken and chips
Me: Would you like a drink with that?
Annoying customer: Yes an orange juice
*I put it through the computer*
Me: Would you like to get the 2 piece feed as it works out cheaper?
Annoying customer: NO I want 2 pieces of chicken, chips and an orange juice!
Me: Yes Ma'm but I recomend getting the 2 peice feed as you still get all that but it works out to be cheaper for you
Annoying customer: NO JUST GIVE ME 2 PIECES OF CHICKEN, CHIPS AND ORANGE JUICE
Me: Ok I'll charge you more then stupid bitch ;)

mitch179

HSC
Hah.
A guy I was serving when I got thrown onto checkouts for two hours midshift was trying to swipe his card insanely fast through the eftpos machine. It didn't work and he attempted it like five times.
I suggested he try swiping it a little slower and he was like *if you think you know so much, do it yourself*
I got it first go, stupid prick :(
I got
Lol, this happens to me all the time.

They think they are so good, and every time they do it, it comes up "BAD READ" so I do it once, and it works.
People use the excuse, "oh, you've been doing it every day"

Well, no love, I haven't, as I don't work every day, and even though I've done it a lot, it comes down to simple intelligence, which they obviously lack.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Haha that just reminded me of this lady

Annoying cutomer: Can I have 2 pieces of chicken and chips
Me: Would you like a drink with that?
Annoying customer: Yes an orange juice
*I put it through the computer*
Me: Would you like to get the 2 piece feed as it works out cheaper?
Annoying customer: NO I want 2 pieces of chicken, chips and an orange juice!
Me: Yes Ma'm but I recomend getting the 2 peice feed as you still get all that but it works out to be cheaper for you
Annoying customer: NO JUST GIVE ME 2 PIECES OF CHICKEN, CHIPS AND ORANGE JUICE
Me: Ok I'll charge you more then stupid bitch ;)
Fuckkk this used to always happen to me when I was working at Hungry's. This one customer got so angry when I was trying to make his order cheaper by doing it as a meal that he stormed out. Lesson learned, from then on if I ever got a shit customer like that I'd put it through as separate items, not a meal and if a manager ever asked me why it wasn't a meal, I'd tell them it was for a shithead cunt. Ha, they always let me get away with it and when I was a Team Leader, I trained everyone to do the same. :D

Lol, this happens to me all the time.

They think they are so good, and every time they do it, it comes up "BAD READ" so I do it once, and it works.
People use the excuse, "oh, you've been doing it every day"

Well, no love, I haven't, as I don't work every day, and even though I've done it a lot, it comes down to simple intelligence, which they obviously lack.
I eliminate this kind of hassle by swiping it for them...it's so much easier and quicker if I have a never-ending line of customers at the reggies.

mitch179

HSC
I eliminate this kind of hassle by swiping it for them...it's so much easier and quicker if I have a never-ending line of customers at the reggies.
Yeah, i've started to do that, I swipe it for them and let them do the rest.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
I was stuck behind someone who was doing the same thing as you guys are describing, but the twat not only was doing way to fast, he had the thing back to front.

I was going "I want my fucking suasage and egg mcmuffin BEFORE they decide to stop serving breakfast."

New Rule for the IT business: Dont come in and say we fucked up your computer when we find super glue on the PSU fan and a thick green goo sludged over your heat sink.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Sup shit customers.

1. TALK TO ME. I hate, more than anything, silent customers. The ones that throw what they're buying on the counter, throw the money and say fucking nothing. Don't look at me when I speak to you, speak back and answer my fucking question.
  2. If you know that you've got 10 scratchies and only 1 won, KINDLY PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD only give me the winning one, do not make me waste three minutes on searching through every single fucking non-winning one.
  3. When you want ciggarettes, tell me if you want the 20s or 25s. Don't make me make the sale, then decide to tell me you wanted the smaller/larger packet
  4. Don't swear or abuse us when things don't go your way, ok? We work there, we fucking know more than you
  5. If it's store policy, it's the fucking 10 commandments. Don't dispute over it
  6. STOP BEING SO FUCKING SHIT!
/rant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)