Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Don't get shitty when:

- I need to call a supervisor because the stupid reduced to clear barcode doesn't work and they need to do a manual disc. dump.

- We need to get approval for discount on an item if "it's the last one and its a little damaged", if you want it cheap, you can wait.

Otacon2009

HSC
Overall, it's now the Christmas shopping period. You know this happens every year where people want want want and usually demand outstrips supply. Please don't take your frustrations for not getting your shit together on time for us. We will go faster as we know there are longer than usual lines, however if you wish to complain about the lack of checkout operators, bully the managers. In companies such as Woolworths, complaints specifically directed to managers have to be actioned because of the potential public relations mess it can create.

Also, take a defeat sometimes. Don't come guilt tripping me into breaking policies or pull an item out of our my arse because it will ruin your Christmas. Your problem for not getting in early.

Christmas is the festive season to many but to those who work in retail, we put up with more shit than normal and retail workers generally get more stressed. Keep your cool and everyone can enjoy Christmas. I also challenge the knockers that say we should be at their every whim to work in retail at Christmas and the New Year. Hopefully you'll give us people some appreciation of what happens at this time of the year.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
to the stupid people who work at oportos and give me a chilli rappsnacker WITHOUT chilli and WITH bbq sauce WITHOUT ME ASKING FOR IT: fk u :(

groovygirl

HSC
dont ask me if you can get smokes via smokeshop to my register, you cant its the fucking law because cashier operators who arent 18 arent allowed to sell smokes to you thats the law

dont ask me what time we are open to just after my manager annnounces the time remaining to close open your ears wider to the announcement

HSC
dont ask me if you can get smokes via smokeshop to my register, you cant its the fucking law because cashier operators who arent 18 arent allowed to sell smokes to you thats the law
You ain't gonna win with this one. Where I am this has been the law (state legislation, not even just company policy) for three years, and people are still dipshits and asking. On Saturday someone was like "but you can reach my smokes from your register"....

Happens all the time. Isn't gonna change.

Otacon2009

HSC
You ain't gonna win with this one. Where I am this has been the law (state legislation, not even just company policy) for three years, and people are still dipshits and asking. On Saturday someone was like "but you can reach my smokes from your register"....

Happens all the time. Isn't gonna change.
Are there tills that are joined to the service desk but function independantly like they do in some Coles stores?

zobothebobo

HSC
on monday i had this girl ask for a bag for one pair of tights/stockings or whatever you call them.

even worse, after she finished paying, she went and sat on a seat right outside the store, took the tights out of the packet, put them on, and left the packet and the bag on the seat.

grrr.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
on monday i had this girl ask for a bag for one pair of tights/stockings or whatever you call them.

even worse, after she finished paying, she went and sat on a seat right outside the store, took the tights out of the packet, put them on, and left the packet and the bag on the seat.

grrr.
Not half as bad as:

Customer: Can I have a bag for the Chupa-Chup please?
Me: :\

*customer walks out and dumps the bag on the ground and eats his Cupa-Chup*

groovygirl

HSC
dear customer, for the 100th time, we do not accept the westfield gift card, we have our own 'wish card'

dear customer, you must register your everday rewards card online and link to get quantas points and fuel discounts, it wont work when i scan it and it says unregistered. Read these brochers on the EDR card . im not lying to you it explains it all

Craven

HSC
Not half as bad as:

Customer: Can I have a bag for the Chupa-Chup please?
Me: :\

*customer walks out and dumps the bag on the ground and eats his Cupa-Chup*

I would have said no.

Kiim2507

HSC
At my work we never have any trays so I say to people "We don't have any trays at the moment are you alright to carry it?" and they go "Oh can I have a bag then please". (For 1-3 items either a box and a drink or burger, chips and drink). They take literally 4 steps, sit down and take their food out the bag. WTF!

Craven

HSC
You've gotta give them one if they ask for it.
I'm pretty sure Woolworths would side with me if it was for a single chuppa chup.. that's ridiculous, and I would let the customer know that.

HSC
dear idiot bogan customer and cronies: no, we don't have a book of objects shaped like penises. perhaps try a gay sex shop. you walk in there with your buff buddies and they'll accept you right away. wait no they won't, because you're a douchebag.

^ aforementioned losers were obviously trying to embarass me. i dont know how they wandered into a bookshop, they all looked pretty illiterate to me.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I could NOT belive what happened to me today.

This mother and her child came through my register with a few items and 2 things for her son (3 years old?). I thought I was being nice just putting them on the bench for the kid to play with straight away, but oh no!!

I'm scaning her items and I hear in the background "you've gotta hand it to him" *2 seconds later*... "hannddd it to him". Me = was kinda zoning out focusing on getting this customer through, she goes "You need to hand it to him!", in a bitch tone. I look at her completety stunned, as the kid was crying because i didnt put it in HIS hands??!!?!

I couldn't believe the mum would be so selfish as to have a go at me for not playing pass the parcel with her ratty child whilst i have 5 customers in the line. Stupid @#%^$@$.

Then I had to HAND the child the receipt AND the change, and he dropped the chance on the ground. The mum made me give it to him again. I swear I was going to punch her out.

She did not get a thanks/goodbye/have a nice day/anything from me after the first bit. Just ignored the whore.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Some customers complain we don't have enough range in stock even though we'll have at least a few different styles. Some customers complain that our racks and shelves are packed so tightly because we have TOO much stock (lady, you should see the storeroom, you cannot move in it!). Can't please everybody...

It's Christmas and everyone's angry and stressed out, I know this time of year sucks to go shopping. But it does get tiresome with the lack of care and manners that most customers show when dealing with shop assistants. And then customers wonder why some shop assistants aren't happy and smiley all the fucking time. Honestly, we're human too, being snapped at all day will put anyone in a bad mood.

HSC
^ I get that,

Also when we say, "Hi How are you today?" and you reply "I'm ok" don't start ranting about your whole day, I'm not paid to listen to your bullshit, if you want someone to listen to it, go to a therapist and they will listen and give you advice

iMatthew- God i get that and its annoying stupid children!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)