Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
If i have my back turned to the counter, it means i can't see you.. if you decide to walk to the photo lab counter which is at the other end of mine and wait there for me, chances are i won't see you. I don't work in photo lab so i don't know how to answer your questions, so i won't serve you unless it's desperate. So when i turn around and see someone else standing at MY end of the counter and ask if they need any help with anything, don't scream at the top of your lungs and smash the counter with your fist yelling 'OI OI YOU BITCH I WAS HERE BEFORE HER' and then continue to glare at me..
because you're being a rude bitch i won't serve you.

vicious_boo

Who ate my face cake?
HSC
I just had to for Dominos (regardless if they have been mentioned previously for fast food etc):

• Don't make me read out the whole menu of pizzas...I don't care whether you don't know what they're actually called, chances are your home mail is constantly swamped with Dominos spam and coupons.
  • If I say we don't accept American Express or AMEX, I mean it. Don't make me put the card through the machine and then lie to you about how it doesn't work, because i will.
  • Don't act as if you know more about the pizzas/pricing than I do...quite simply, you don't.
  • When you get one of those "Two for the price of one" coupons out of the Entertainment Book because you're such a tight arse, don't complain when I inform you that it means at the cost of a full priced menu pizza. Whether that be $17.95 etc. I can't help it if you're eyes don't read the fine print.
  • I don't care if you don't like the service or our pizzas. Threatening to go to Pizza Hut is also stupid. Quite frankly, I couldn't give a crap, chances are I will just laugh in your face and tell you to go away. You will get NO satisfaction from me.
  • Do not try to pick me up over the phone. It is freaky, and you probably are an obese 40 year old ugmo. Sweet talking does not ensure you will wind up with my phone number at all. Just keep the conversation pizza orientated.
  • Do not keep changing your order and make me stand there and listen to you ramble on about something completely inane. If I get the order wrong, it's your fault for changing it so often.
  • People are infact human, thus mistakes are likely to be made. Don't rage and rant on. The more you do, the less likely you're going to get something free out of it.
  • I don't want to listen to your children scream, see them put their grubby fingers all over the windows I just happened to clean or have their bums and nappies be placed on a counter where food is constantly placed.
  • Stop whining about the extra $1.95 you have to pay for chicken. Welcome to reality.
  • Don't push in front of other customers and expect me to serve you first, because I will most likely ignore you and serve you last.
  • Being nice to an employee is well worth your while. Cheaper food usually follows.
  • If you are a bitch to me, I will make sure that your pizza is cut poorly.
  • Do not chastise me if I get short with one of my fellow employees, pressure can do miraculous things to a person's patience.
  • We don't do desserts...period. GET OVER IT.
  • I don't know which "base" is the lowest in fat. Also ordering low fat cheese is a waste of time, for all the poor ingredients make up the calories regardless.
  • For couples: If you can't make up your mind together, go outside and go away. Come back when you're ready. I don't want to hear your innate arguments. I'll watch Passions if I'm that deprived.
  • Tip the drivers. They get a minimal wage already without you being stingy...
  • Don't come instore and ask rudely for a coupon because you're tight.
  • I'm sorry, I'm only well versed in English...just try your hardest.
  • Don't yell at me over the phone because I couldn't hear you as your over stimulated children in the background won't shut up.
  • There is such a thing as having a "bad day." Give me a break.
  • Don't treat me like I know nothing due to the fact I work in a pizza shop. Chances are my I.Q. is higher than yours.
  • Don't give me crappy change. If I ask if you have something smaller than a $100 note for your $5.95 pizza, be civil.
  • Just be nice. A nice customer goes a long way.
Phew that got rid of some pent up anger. Anyone else share these sorrows?

HSC
Does anyone here be kind too cashiers when actually in a retail store? Eg. I always say hey how are you, thanks have a nice day, i face barcode up, have my shit all ready, never had a chance too "tip" anyone I guess you can't in supermarkets (main place where I shop)

I get customers ask me the whole logic behind the ordering of bunnings, blame me for lack of stock, I actually went as far too tell a guy to go get fucked (even though swearing is instant termination)

vicious_boo

Who ate my face cake?
HSC
I'm usually really nice to cashiers. Like I usually ask how they are first, give them a friendly smile and I always say, "thanks love" in a Kath and Kim voice, just for my amusement. It usually gets a smile out of them. Or I bitch to them about how annoying the last customer they had (if they held up the line for hours)When I work, I like having a nice chat with the customer if we're not busy...people are just so rude nowadays. They forget what courtesy is.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
- Pleae dont try to bargain with me "If i buy the two of them will you give me something off" -- no, it is not within my authority to do that, and you cant manipulate me either

- If you are looking in the direction of my left..uh..pocket and are violating the 30cm personal space barrier...and are a female...and ask me "do you work here" and are squinting youre eyes in the attempt to read what may or may not resemble a kmart logo and name badge...then i am going to walk away from you and come back when you have found some sense!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
i face barcode up
See, working in a supermarket that has conveyor belts and a bioptic scanner, I'd prefer if the barcodes weren't up, because then I have to rotate them for the scanner to be able to read them

never had a chance too "tip" anyone I guess you can't in supermarkets (main place where I shop)
Haha, I had some bloke the other night ask me if I had a bowl for tips, he wanted to give me his 5c. When he said "do you have a little bowl for this" it took me ages to figure out what he wanted!

VegeSim

HSC
Don't ask to buy Furniture display items. The answer will always be "no" and the answer from the manager will be the same.

Don't be suprised if you ask to speak to someone else about a product and they give you the same advice as I do. If I sound confident about it, then I know what Im talking about.

Look after your kids. Why should I get blamed for it if they hurt themselves and you're not watching them. Its not a daycare centre.

We chain the ladders for a reason. If you climb on one and fall, its not my problem if you couldnt see the "Staff use only" sign. If you want something from the overheads, ask me and I will get it for you.

Don't hang up on me when Im trying my best to help you.

Don't ask me to check what other stores have a certain item, then ask someone else if you can buy the display model. They'll just tell you the same thing I just did-"no". And dont storm out after that, while Im still trying to find out which stores Do have it in stock.

If a furniture item comes flat packed in 2 seperate boxes, Dont open one, then complain for half an hour that you can't find the instructions. Open the other box!

Ive heard stories from other officeworks team members- At one store, someone urinated on the floor in one of the aisles, one person, did a shit on the floor in the toilets (wtf?)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
I don't set the prices, head office do, you want a discount, go get ffffed. No matter how many times you ask 'i don't do special deals'...because I don't want to be fired and the computer wouldn't let me process the sale.

I don't make the catalogue, we apologise if we can't get a line in, go whinge to the people who make the catalogue...NOT ME.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
to the regular customers...
please dont say "God i dont know who spends more time here..me or you"..or"geez ur always working everytime i come here i see you"
it just reminds me how much i work and how sad it really is

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
to say it once again

just cause it doesnt scan, doesnt mean "*chortle* it must be free". it just means i have to take 15 extra seconds to punch in the barcode manually, the actual numbers are there for a reason u know! and if it doesnt scan DO NOT, tell me the price, if i could punch in my own prices for things, do u honestly think i'd pay full price for anything? the absolute ONLY reason, i want to hear the price is if u say "sorry, i think theres a special/rollback/ticket there that says it is $xx.xx" at which point, i will say "sorry, coudl you please show me?" or if i know where the item is "lets just have a look see, shall we?"

and no, you DONOT get it for free, the supermarket scanning code of practise does not apply to

-liquor
-tobacco
-items over $50

technically, we dont even need to give u the shelf price, but we do, be thankfull

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
for woolworths liquor:

if one of the items has a special ticket that is wrong next to it and it's part of a 6 bottle buy of wine, please be patient. i will need to call a supervisor. me and the supervisor will then confer as to be the best course of action, both take time

course 1: we work out the entire price of the 6 bottles and work out the 10% discount, the SVR then disection dumps the lot, which requires filling out a little book

course 2: we find a bottle of wine that closely matches the price of the one thats wrong

please, BE FUCKING PATIENT

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Just thought Id share what I felt was a good deed performed by myself yesterday.

Standing in another Kmart (not the one I work at) trying to pick a cd. This middle aged woman who is carrying a crappy rip-off LV bag and wearing BAD eyeliner is telling off a sales girl who couldn't have been more than 15. She is being so rude and condascending to this girl that I walk the 5 metres to where she is standing and call her a rude fucking bitch.

Bitchy lady: *bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine something about the girl being incompetent*
Me: Excuse me, but what gives you the right to speak to someone like that?
Bitchy lady:*stunned, fowl look on her face* Excuse me?
Me: You heard me, nothing gives you the right to speak to a person like that. If you would stop being such a rude fucking bitch and explain what you want respectfully, maybe this salesperson would actually be able to help you. It is not her job to put up with selfish bitches like yourself.
Bitchy lady: *face bright red with rage, storms off*

I spoke to the young girls manager because she was so upset after this lady had given it to her, just in case the lady came back and attempted to put shit on her to management.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Usually I wouldn't be brave enough to give someone such a mouthful, but I think this thread inspired me!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Ms12, WTF is with you changing your name? :( But, propz to you for having a go at the bitch!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Isn't this the second time? I remember back in the day, when you were Year12 or whatever it was. Wow, now I feel old.

As for customers
*don't get shirty with me after I scan your EFTPOS card and get you to select your own account. I'm already risking being stabbed in the eye by swiping it for you, and only when I'm in a nice mood will I put the account in for you.
*believe it or not, sour cream lives with all the other creams
*when:
a) the store has been there forever and a day
b) every time you enter or exit the store you pass several signs advertising our trading hours
c) every receipt printed clearly lists the trading hours
Do not ring me and ask me what time we close!
*Yes, we do actually have lives of our own. That means that we would quite like to close on time (8pm) on Sunday nights, and not stay open til 10 like every other night of the week
*If you're 13, please don't buy condoms. It is uncomfortable for all (yes, this REALLY happenned today!!! -"extra thin for extra sensitivity")
*If I'm looking at the hot male packing the coke's, please don't interrupt my perving session. Yes, I will serve you, and yes I will be happy, but I really won't be paying attention to you.
*If you decide you don't want something, take it back to where you got it from, especially as our store has a grand total of 6 aisles!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
grk_styl said:
he was probably buying it for a friend, and as a joke wanted him to suffer. if thats the case, then thats a pretty good prank!!

ohh i hate when someone grabs an item of clothing off the inside racks and walks with it to the outside racks. of course the security buzzer is going to go off!! "oh i only wanted to come outside for a second" - leave the fucken item on the counter, THEN go outside. no one wants to hear the buzzer go off anymore than us, especially since everytime it does go off, all 5-6 staff rush to the doors!
LOL at the BIGW I work at nobody gives a damn. Even the managers ignore the beeping...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
MiuMiu said:
Just thought Id share what I felt was a good deed performed by myself yesterday.

Standing in another Kmart (not the one I work at) trying to pick a cd. This middle aged woman who is carrying a crappy rip-off LV bag and wearing BAD eyeliner is telling off a sales girl who couldn't have been more than 15. She is being so rude and condascending to this girl that I walk the 5 metres to where she is standing and call her a rude fucking bitch.

Bitchy lady: *bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine something about the girl being incompetent*
Me: Excuse me, but what gives you the right to speak to someone like that?
Bitchy lady:*stunned, fowl look on her face* Excuse me?
Me: You heard me, nothing gives you the right to speak to a person like that. If you would stop being such a rude fucking bitch and explain what you want respectfully, maybe this salesperson would actually be able to help you. It is not her job to put up with selfish bitches like yourself.
Bitchy lady: *face bright red with rage, storms off*

I spoke to the young girls manager because she was so upset after this lady had given it to her, just in case the lady came back and attempted to put shit on her to management.
You're Ms_12? (Formerly YEAR_12 and YEAR_11) Good on you! It would have meant a lot to the girl

HSC
Customers aren't always right, they are very rarely right - I know what I'm talking about - I work here five days a week and actually learn something.

Bacon is nipple pink honey, not brown or grey!

Yes, I'm the girl who chucked the chicken at you and YES I still work here. I'm more important to management then someone who spends $2 a night!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)