Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
LOL at the BIGW I work at nobody gives a damn. Even the managers ignore the beeping...
OMG BUSHRA!!!!!!!!!!! HI!!!

yeah, we dont care when the buzzers go off either... all the customers look at me like i should call a thousand managers to the front, but i just keep on serving! Someone opened the alarmed fire escape the other day and it took 10 minutes for the managers to get off their arses out in the offices and go see what was going on

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Pink_Butterfly said:
Yes, I'm the girl who chucked the chicken at you and YES I still work here.

Haha thats awesome, I wish we sold chickens just so I could ditch them at customers.

And yes, I am MiuMiu, formerly Ms 12, formerly YEAR12, formerly YEAR11. Decided the numbers weren't doing it for me ;)

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Haha thats awesome, I wish we sold chickens just so I could ditch them at customers.
Ohh its not that fun, its only fun when you make them cry for being a bitch (or making your job just that little bit harder) I've had that many customers try get me fired because I wont take their shit, instead I just get offered a promotion or more hours! If only they knew!!!

Another rule:

NO, we have a four hour rule when it comes to cooking - We aren't a little back street takeaway who can't afford to lose money. Chickens just came out of the oven!!!

37 comes after 36 and its a three and seven, the darker numbers - If you can't listen for your number coz your too busy stopping your shit of kid playing with my number system, thats your fault, I move on to the next number. I called it three or four times!!!

_Bushra_

wtf?!
Hoping to befriend somebody nice at club MQ *freak
HSC
_muse_ said:
OMG BUSHRA!!!!!!!!!!! HI!!!

yeah, we dont care when the buzzers go off either... all the customers look at me like i should call a thousand managers to the front, but i just keep on serving! Someone opened the alarmed fire escape the other day and it took 10 minutes for the managers to get off their arses out in the offices and go see what was going on
LOL hey rach!!! My bann is finally over

I havent been working since August so I'm hoping to go back in Feb and earn some money before Uni starts but I'm getting scared after reading all these stories again LOL *quivers*

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I don't make the catalogues, so don't yell at me when I tell you that we don't have any in stock. It's not false advertising, it's "the stock has been out for a week and everyone else has bought it before you got here".

We close at 9 o'clock. I don't care why you want to get into the store, you can't so please leave before I get angry and stab you with my keys.

*Minka*

HSC
Do not hand me a used baby wipe with shit on it and ask if I can put it in my bin. I will not touch it.

Disgusting bitch.

placebo101

HSC
Dont tell me "you should smile you know"... if im not smiling, maybe its because im not happy, because i have to put up with shitty customers like you, who think they have the right to tell me how to feel. - some fat lady said that to me this week so i just gave her a blank stare. i hate my job

*Minka*

HSC
Yes I have an interesting name.
No, it is not English.
If you really must know, it is Serbian/Croatia.
Yes, I was born in Croatia.
I obviously do not live there now.
Yes, there was some turmoil there in the 1990s.
No I will not tell you my fucking life story. Just give me the money and piss off.

Honestly. Customers are so fucking nosy sometimes.

Last edited:

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
placebo101 said:
Dont tell me "you should smile you know"... if im not smiling, maybe its because im not happy, because i have to put up with shitty customers like you, who think they have the right to tell me how to feel. - some fat lady said that to me this week so i just gave her a blank stare. i hate my job
omg! that's just as annoying as when they come up to your register and say 'hiding are you?', 'i'll give you something to do', 'waiting for me, are u?', 'your not getting paid to stand around' or 'nobody likes you' when the queue to your register has been empty for 2 minutes. i usually answer these customers with a death stare.

placebo101

HSC
yeah and they say it every single time like its unique. same with the joke they all say when you scan the next customers items by mistake, u know the one im talkin about

HSC
hipsta_jess said:
See, working in a supermarket that has conveyor belts and a bioptic scanner, I'd prefer if the barcodes weren't up, because then I have to rotate them for the scanner to be able to read them
yeh but i had a look today at the coles cashiers, she had too find where barcode was then rotate it again upside down too know where she has too scan the barcode so at least with me facing all barcodes up she knew all she had to do was tip box and scan much quicker

i did that again yesterday at coles hurstville yesterday (that cashier was damn pretty too!) and i think she picked up that I did it about half way and looked up at me and smiled because like I know how it feels, when customers do it at my work it makes my job so much easier!

xtinkx

HSC
elisabeth said:
For fast food:
1. If there's a long line, there is NO excuse for not knowing what you want by the time you're being served. Don't hold up the line for ages because you're an idiot who can't make up your mind.
2. Be nice to your server. It is the difference between getting free sauces, extra napkins and hot chips, as opposed to me scraping the chip dump for all the old ones that have been there for a while.
3. If you're at Oporto, don't order a fucking bondi burger "without the chilli". If you can't read the menu and you're rude about it, I will pointedly explain the difference and make you look dumb in front of your gf.
4. I hate this, for couples: if I look you in the eye and ask politely what drink you'd like, don't whisper it do your partner and make him/her to tell me. I asked you, dammit!
5. Don't slap your money down on the counter when my hand is outstretched. It's really rude. Would I do the same thing with your change?
6. If I tell you upfront there will be a 5 minute wait while your food is cooked fresh and ask if that's OK, you have the choice to walk away and eat somewhere else if this is a major inconvenience for you. Don't roll your eyes and glare at me the whole time because there is nothing I can do about it and I've given you fair warning.
Pharmacy:
1. When I ask politely "if you've got your medicare card on you..." it's not because I think you're trying to cheat the system. I don't care if you've "been coming here for ages, I should be on the computers" but IT'S THE LAW. It's my job to check and there are signs all over the counter saying this. Doctors sometimes make mistakes, people get new cards... and then who'd be the first one to bitch about paying more because your card number came up wrong?
2. Do not get aggressive with me because the pharmacist won't sell you whatever drug you're after.
3. Please don't completely muck up all the shelves and sunglasses stands. If you do, try and at least look apologetic about it?
4. Unless you buy something big/heavy, most pharmacies will put your purchase in a paper bag. When I ask "would you like a bag for that?", it's almost always referring to a paper bag. So if you would like a plastic, no worries, just please ask BEFORE I've taped up your pills and scripts in a paper bag. The first few times, no biggie. But when you're a regular customer and this happens every time, it gets annoying.
5. If there's just me and the owner there and the doors are down, we're closed and only let you in because of his goodwill. Once you've paid, don't hang around trying on sunglasses because we're CLOSED. Go home so I can do the same! I don't get paid to hang around while you do.
Ahh.. writing that brought up all these memories of crappy customers. Hopefully everyone who reads this thread will recognise and lose a few of their own bad habits as customers.
omg hun i just hate the medicare arguements...especially updating for the new year. And showing concesion cards after a full price purchase!!

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
customers coming into my restaurant, when i ask if you have coupons for discounts or whatever, don't ask if i have any to give to you!! you aren't the first to ask, and it gets old!!!

HSC
when returning your movies dont leave them on the counter "to make sure they get returned, because last time i had a problem... they were returned a day late".

first and foremost. they certainly wont get returned if they're not where they are supposed to be. they belong in the returns chute... which is why there is a big, glowing sign saying "all returns must be placed in chute".

second: if they are left on the counter, someone could take them and you WILL be responsible for replacement costs.

third: your movies were late last time because you brought them back a day late. duh!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I've actually been bitched at by people who work in video stores, if I put them in the chute and then hire some others straight away, because, OMG, they have to go through the bin to get mine and return them first (I had DVD Unlimited for a while, so there was a limit of 4). That is why I put them on the shelf (although if I'm not hiring any I always put them in the chute)

*Minka*

HSC
I hate when really smug racist people ask about my name. I usually shut them up by telling them what it was actually LIKE in Serbia/Croatia during the early 90s. Yeah. I am an ungrateful immigrant who should have stayed there to be shot.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
coffee shop:
*if i am making coffee, i am not going to take your order. you have to get in the line. thats right, the line in front of the register. i dont care if you are in a hurry.
*the walkways are probably not a good idea to leave your trolleys, prams and shopping bags. how do you expect us to take your order to you? we cant fly.
*if your little shit spills his drink everywhere, its not our fault. have the decency not to be rude when we come and mop it up and offer you a replacement drink
*do not cheer, wink and leer at me as i clean up tables, and DO NOT pinch my arse either. and do not ask me out for your mate. Its not funny, grow up, and if you keep doing it, you will be asked to leave.
*dont whinge to me you have waited 14 minutes for a coffee. you can see how big the line is and how full the table is. all i ma doing is my job, as quickly as i can. if you want coffee on the go go to gloria jeans. bsides that, i have your docket and it says youve waited 7 minutes, not 14.
*TAKE the table number, for godsake. and if you do take it, dont let your little shit run off with it and play swords with it. How do you expect us to know which order yours is? It just means there will be a delay in you getting your order since we have to figure out which one your is. dumbarse.
*if you are rude to me, i probably wont take as much care when i make your coffee, and it will be shit. so there.
*prolly been said a million times but....if i am walking out with my handbag, checking my phone and drinking a bottle of water I am on my break or finished. I DONT CARE. If you have spilt your drink or want something- I dont care. I am not being paid to care and i dont, so fuck off.

The Body Shop:

*Yes, we have a selection of foot deoderisers, and yes we have testers. these are for you to smell. Don't take your shoes and sweaty socks off (after you have been to the gym) and begin sampling them, asking me to look at your corns and bunions and offer suggestions about what you could do about them. quite frankly I am not getting paid enough to do that,
*I am a saleschick, not a bloody doctor. I don't know what your daughter could do about her chronic skin problems thats allergic to everything. if what her dermatologist suggested didnt help, what do you want ME to do? wave my magic wand?
*i do not know every single active and non active ingredient in each of our products off the top of my head. dont get snippy with me if i offer to take them time to look it up for you.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
coffee shop:
*do not cheer, wink and leer at me as i clean up tables, and DO NOT pinch my arse either. and do not ask me out for your mate. Its not funny, grow up, and if you keep doing it, you will be asked to leave.
haha thats a funny one, you actually have had people pinch your behind? how disrespectful. I dont cheer but i might wink sometimes, especially if iam like talking to her.... waitresses[or whatever u want to call yourself] are cool cause they are usually outgoing people, so easy to flirt with, and more ofthen than not, young[meaning people older than myuself have no chance] and single.

anyways my rule:
If a place of business is closing in ten minutes and you are not already inside the building it is already closed to you. I don't care that you need diapers for your baby, or a late night snack. Where were you over the last fourteen hours when they were open? The last ten minutes of the workday is dedicated to getting remaining customers out, not helping you keep underpaid and overworked minimum wage employees an extra twenty minutes after a day taking shit from 100 people just like yourself. Last minute shoppers will be punished by choking until blackout at the hands of the lowest level employee who has been working at the establishment the longest.

HSC
Serius said:
If a place of business is closing in ten minutes and you are not already inside the building it is already closed to you. I don't care that you need diapers for your baby, or a late night snack. Where were you over the last fourteen hours when they were open? The last ten minutes of the workday is dedicated to getting remaining customers out, not helping you keep underpaid and overworked minimum wage employees an extra twenty minutes after a day taking shit from 100 people just like yourself. Last minute shoppers will be punished by choking until blackout at the hands of the lowest level employee who has been working at the establishment the longest.
and to the customers who are already in the store: if i say you have 5 minutes until we close, get out. once my computer says 12.00, then i dont have to serve you... and get reay for it... i WONT! you brought it on yourself...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i HATE people who come in 5 mins to closing hour.
Last saturday we had a family of 5 walk in at 4:55pm...all our tables had been brought in and we had pulled our shutters down and closed all but one door, they popped in, "oh we just want to see something..." and ended up wanting a pair of shoes for every single person in the family!

When the mother asked me what time we shut, I replied "5pm" and she looked at her watch and said, "oh well..."

OH WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't leave til 5:30...we close at 5! i stop getting paid at 5!!! People are so incredibly rude and obnoxious. Workers are humans too. We have lives!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)