Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Evilo

HSC
greekgun said:
speaking of the discount stickers- around new years time and xmas, all the frozen turkeys were avalable and cost like 20-30 or so dollars..
I find the same problem at my liquor store. People lean over the beers to adjust the prices, (they're on flipcards) and expect to get away with it.
Its when i honestly wish a good beat down could be 'given" as a deterrent.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Yeah we had something similar happen. But smarter.

These bogans.. would find barcodes of cheap stuff which come in a sticker form.. and stick it over the barcode of expensive stuff, like nappies. So if we're not checking each item that scans up on screen, it'll just go through without notice..
Holly crap! I always wanted to know whether people do that!
I never knew that some people actually have the guts to do it! Like, dont they get scared that they might get caught or something?

Oh, and what do you usually do when you catch a customer doing that?

CieL

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Holly crap! I always wanted to know whether people do that!
I never knew that some people actually have the guts to do it! Like, dont they get scared that they might get caught or something?

Oh, and what do you usually do when you catch a customer doing that?
They're bogans. What have they got to lose?

They shoplift all the time. Just that nappies are massive and hard to hide, so they have to think of other alternatives to smuggle it out.

So far it's only happened once. We made them pay the correct shelf price and gave them a warning, and the manager gave them a huge lecture. If anything happens again under their name, they're banned from the store for a specified period of time.

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
dont ask us if we price match, honestly, if its so fucking cheap, go buy it over there.

if you come to refund an item, i will gladly do so. just dont produce a reciept that says on the top " THIS IS NOT A LEGAL RECIEPT " and claim that it is real.

dont tell me that the bra that you bought was " like this " with broken thread and dirt, when your reciept was processed 5 months ago, im not going to believe you.

I WILL NOT REFUND THE CLEARANCE SHIT YOU BOUGHT 2 YEARS AGO PRICED $2.04. BE A MAN AND PAY THE EXTRA 4 CENTS. AS A MATTER OF A FACT, GO HOME.

dont ask me where customer service is when your right under it.

if youve left a bag at the fitting rooms, go there. you cant expect your bag to magically alarm itself that it hasnt been picked up and fly over to the refunds counter, douche.

i can obvously see that you have eyeliner and foundation in your pants, and that is whats causing the doorguards to beep. the fucking tag is sticking out of your pocket.

dont tell me that you bought an item for a friend in a gift bag. i saw your smuggle it into your bag and attemp to rip the security tag off it 20 minutes ago.

see you in court, bitch.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
jayciiee said:
dont ask us if we price match, honestly, if its so fucking cheap, go buy it over there.

if you come to refund an item, i will gladly do so. just dont produce a reciept that says on the top " THIS IS NOT A LEGAL RECIEPT " and claim that it is real.

dont tell me that the bra that you bought was " like this " with broken thread and dirt, when your reciept was processed 5 months ago, im not going to believe you.

I WILL NOT REFUND THE CLEARANCE SHIT YOU BOUGHT 2 YEARS AGO PRICED $2.04. BE A MAN AND PAY THE EXTRA 4 CENTS. AS A MATTER OF A FACT, GO HOME.

dont ask me where customer service is when your right under it.

if youve left a bag at the fitting rooms, go there. you cant expect your bag to magically alarm itself that it hasnt been picked up and fly over to the refunds counter, douche.

i can obvously see that you have eyeliner and foundation in your pants, and that is whats causing the doorguards to beep. the fucking tag is sticking out of your pocket.

dont tell me that you bought an item for a friend in a gift bag. i saw your smuggle it into your bag and attemp to rip the security tag off it 20 minutes ago.

see you in court, bitch.
lol, another retail job hater!

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
i keep telling myself

i love my job ..

i love my job

i .. love .. my .. job.

greekgun

HSC
jayciiee said:
i keep telling myself

i love my job ..

i love my job

i .. love .. my .. job.
Dam right- other wise it would be impossible to work in retail. I tell u what, working in retail just shows u how stupid some people out there are.
Retail + 3 years =:bomb:

CieL

HSC
jayciiee said:

lol these 3 are shockers.

What receipt were they showing you that said, "this is not a legal receipt"?

What kind of job is this? Like MYERS or something?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
ive worked in retail for only 3 months and im about to explode.

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
i love [a few of] the people i work with

and laughing at some of the completely ridiculous situations that occur after it's over (layby at christmas time, poor crazy bogans, store initiated cancels, all good fun)

and i think it's sort of character building having to work out how to deal with people who are pretty much completely insane

so on the whole retail's not so bad :p

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
If I tell you we have an old case you logged, and I told you that we returned your call and advised the resolution to someone else who said they would pass on the message, don't say "You took a long time to get back to me, didn't you?"

If I've already called and advised how to fix your problem, don't get narky at me for not calling back every day to make sure you've received the message I left. That's not my job.

jas62

HSC
Rules for when i'm serving you smokes(woolies)

DONT FUCKING POINT TO THEM!! I WORK THERE I KNOW WHERE THEY ALL ARE!!
Dont think you are cool because you smoke get a life moroon!! If your pegnant and get a picture of a baby on it dont tell me it's gross and you want another one why the fuck you think it's on there i will not get you another one!! Dont expect me to know which is the cheapest price they fucking change every week. Dont ask for holidays blue 50's and then when you pay for them say you asked for holidays gold 50's it means i have to walk all the way over to grab them then have to refund one and scan on the other!!! And finally dont pay for longbeach 40's in 5cent coins and get the shits with me when it take 10minutes to count.

I DONT KNOW FUCKING EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PRODUCT IN THE STORE WE HAVE OVER 12,000 LINES JUST BUY IT AND IF YOU DONT LIKE IT I WILL REFUND IT FOR YOU.

DONT FUCKING CALL ME BUDD!!

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Please, please, read the item description on a special item. Yes, its strange that childs paint hanging in front of eggs, but don't come back trying to refund your $3.05 eggs telling me its on special for $2.07. I looked, its clearly for the paint, the tag says "trident child paint", don't say "oh I thought trident was an egg brand". I hope you spend your $3.05 refund well, and you're not going to find any cheaper eggs, fuckwad, just keep your eggs.

greekgun

HSC
This has probably been brought up like a million times but these rude bitch customers cant get it through the thick skull. When i say the total and you pay in cash, dont put the god dam money on the bench, PUT IT IN FUCKING HAND, thats why my hand is out there. Im just trying to provide you customers with the best possible service aswell as a fast service to the best of my abillities and u put the change on the bench. I cant express how rude that is, when they put the change on the bench when my hand is streched out. How would they like it if i dumped all there change on the bench? By bet is that they owuldnt like it at all.

Also, dont pack all the greenbags, come to the register and expect me to unpack it, scan it, and repack it while i have no room to put the green bags or the items i am unpacking because i dont have enough room because ur too lazy to put all the green bags in ur trolley after im done with them.

Ahh end of rant, and im feeling much better now that ive gotten that of my chest.

HSC
never, NEVER, put ur finger in ur nose and expect me to handle the money u give me like its clean! ur disgusting and i shall not refrain from letting u realize that! ughhh

Dont just stand there smiling at me, and see me pack ur green bags in a total hurry, when u know there is a long queue behind... use ur brains, and help me do them, cz really, i cant do them any faster!

if u remember to get something at the last moment, atleast be a bit quick... fuckin annoyin i swear! rehearse coming at the checkout before u do, if this is ur habit/disease....

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
greekgun said:
This has probably been brought up like a million times but these rude bitch customers cant get it through the thick skull. When i say the total and you pay in cash, dont put the god dam money on the bench, PUT IT IN FUCKING HAND, thats why my hand is out there. Im just trying to provide you customers with the best possible service aswell as a fast service to the best of my abillities and u put the change on the bench. I cant express how rude that is, when they put the change on the bench when my hand is streched out. How would they like it if i dumped all there change on the bench? By bet is that they owuldnt like it at all.

Also, dont pack all the greenbags, come to the register and expect me to unpack it, scan it, and repack it while i have no room to put the green bags or the items i am unpacking because i dont have enough room because ur too lazy to put all the green bags in ur trolley after im done with them.

Ahh end of rant, and im feeling much better now that ive gotten that of my chest.
you know..i really hate customers that throw there money on the bench, i always say should i throw their change on the bench aswell, but then i think...nah im better then that and all the negative complications that can arise with that action, so i back down.

But i really like customers when paying by small change, they hand me coin by coin and count them with me or dont count at all...dont know but i like that. :rolleyes:

jas62 said:

lol, i like when customers do that to me, well because ive started working at the smokes area for like 2 shifts and i dont know a single grain about ciggarettes.....loll

I know all the ciggarettes, but when it comes to longbeach and horizon, it takes me a while, so many flavours/sizes.
ah well..ill get the hang of it soon.

My other shift, some bloke came in to buy ciggs and he told me he wants to buy "that filter thingy", me being "wtf" asked if he wanted those ciggrattes filters and pointed to the glass bench where those slim/large tube filters are. And he goes "no" and points to the ciggarette wall...and after him screaming "filter filter", he really wanted a packet of bensen hudgens classic.

Was he a fucken moron? or was i not in the slang term of that sort of ciggarette brand?

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=175581

Green bags anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilo

HSC
jas62 said:

The thing that pisses me off is when they point but dont tell you what they want. i mean FFS im not a mind reader.

jas62 said:
DONT FUCKING CALL ME BUDD!!
I get called "mate" so much. If i got 50c every time someone called me mate, i would earn more that the actual wage itself.

babikakez said:
Why does this always happen on smokeshop?
Unfortunately the average IQ of a customer at a liquorstore/smokeshop is about 45. I always laugh when i can see their centrelink card in the front of their wallet. And 6 credit cards behind that.

!!Chocoholic!!! said:
never, NEVER, put ur finger in ur nose and expect me to handle the money u give me like its clean! ur disgusting and i shall not refrain from letting u realize that! ughhh
I've had people sneeze on their money then give it too me.
A filthy bum/builder came in and gave me coins and money that he had stores in his sock for the day. Keep in mind it was 45 degrees outside and i could see the sweat all over the coins and notes...

Last edited by a moderator:

waysted

HSC
I don't have my head in the case.
I cannot see where you're pointing.
Just tell me what you want.
And how much.
Really, it's not that hard.
It's not going to get much closer to 500 grams than 502 grams.
Kabana doesn't fit into a bag unless I break it.
I'm 17. I do not know how to cook nile perch fillet.
It's not my fault you didn't hear me call your number because you were on the phone.
Deli is awesome, but some people are so fucking stupid....
That is all.

greekgun

HSC
OMFG- Firstly i hate the coles sutomers, the majority of them are either rude snoobs who complain at the slightest mistake or something there not happy with or there bogans.
This lady was in the que at coles, and she had all her stuff on the conveyer belt, when i was scanning her items she should have pulled out her flybys, because when i asked her if she had flybys she pulled out her wallet and took like 3 mins to find it. Next time this happens i will pretend to scan it. Whats even more annoying are those who say they dont have flybys, and after the transaction is finished they pull out there flybys and say that i forgot to ask them. When this happens i just pretend to scan it so they can fuck off.

WHats even more annoying was this other lady who wanted me to bag every single one of her items, and then put it in her green bags. When she told me to do this (no she didnt even ask, this was the first thing she said, she didnt even bother to answer my question when i said hi how are u today), i pulled out a bunch of plastic bags from a box and said go for ur life.

I HATE COLES i swear, im going to have mental problems from working at coles later in life. :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)