Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Peartie

HSC
Dont Ask "Do you work here" if clearly we are stacking shelves etc and wearing the uniforms....clearly we do......or are we just doing it as a hobby?

J

jhakka

Peartie said:
Dont Ask "Do you work here" if clearly we are stacking shelves etc and wearing the uniforms....clearly we do......or are we just doing it as a hobby?
ARGH! I hate that!

"No, I just like to push trolleys of books around, carry piles that I'm probably going to drop, spend 10 minutes making space on the shelves and then placing them there in alphabetical order."

Pilotdude

HSC
lol god i love this forum.

We have a big issue with the natives up here!

They are really bad for their smell, on hot days they smell REALLY REALLY rank, we actually had a operator in her 30's vomit all over a checkout because of the smell. Was fucking RANK stunk the whole store out.

Then there are the ones that pull the notes and coins from their underware or bra's all sweaty and wet! Fuck that, no way im accepting that money, then they abuse us as they do.

lol today we had a classic:

Walks into liquor store trys to buy ciggies, he was only 16 as all the kids on checkouts knew him....anyway they refuse him service then he comes to supermarket and i serve him, ask for ID and then he gives me a big speech on how hes aborigional and he has the right to do whatever the fuck he wants, then tells me that we all owe him an apology for building a supermarket on his land LOL

Told him he was a fucking dickhead much to the disgust and shock of our STM lol his mouth dropped then this guy was threatning to kill all of our staff and he was going to shoot everyone of us between the eyes and bury us alive.

Anyway long story short the cops were called and they arrested him, ended up using a taser in the mall...thats some funny shit too when someone gets tasered.

Awful day anyway lol we had staff in tears, customers complaining about it etc.

I hate aborigionals with an absolute passion, they should just go to their stupid communites and live there GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

feel much better now :D

Evilo

HSC
wrxsti said:
what ciel is doing is stuffing up the stock levels, but who givs a rat.
i gather you don't have enough "rank" to do ordering or stocktake...

advanced sam

HSC
N/A
you know, sometimes it is hard to see if these people are working in a shop, and you HAVE to ask "do you work here?"
does that make any sense, wat i just said

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
this forum is so stupid, they ban you for blatantly sarcastic posts in the hsc/school forums (in case you mislead the poor hsc kids) but racism, abuse and flaming are just fine in the general section :rolleyes:

ON TOPIC: death-staring me isn't going to make me serve you sooner, because i'm not going to drop the previous customer's shit on the floor until it's wrapped and out of the way ^_^

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
jhakka said:
ARGH! I hate that!

"No, I just like to push trolleys of books around, carry piles that I'm probably going to drop, spend 10 minutes making space on the shelves and then placing them there in alphabetical order."
iawtc

"I enjoy wearing my name on a tag around my neck, whilst wearing the uniform of the shop, and stocking their shelves. That's just how I roll."

greekgun

HSC
OMG- Cant customers swipe there own card, do they have to give it to us to swipe. For now on if they put there card out for me to swipe, im going to just stare at the screen until they do it themselves.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
greekgun said:
OMG- Cant customers swipe there own card, do they have to give it to us to swipe. For now on if they put there card out for me to swipe, im going to just stare at the screen until they do it themselves.
It annoys the shit out of me. I either don't do it or swipe it then throw it down. I know all stores have different ways of doing it but jesus you gotta learn. Plus that 3 second in which you swipe your card gives me the chance to do something like have a drink, put some more bags up, blah blah.

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Plus that 3 second in which you swipe your card gives me the chance to do something like have a drink, put some more bags up, blah blah.
I don't think that some customers understand how neccessary that time is for us, putting bags up is particularly important, yet they all manage to express their displeasure whenever you have to put bags up during their transaction.

CieL

HSC
greekgun said:
lol I prefer not to swipe their card unless it's a credit card [so I can put it on the table before they put it away in their wallet]

If I see them trying to hand their savings/cheque card, I usually keep pressing buttons with my right hand, tapping the OK button about 10 times, then start opening the next plastic bag with my left hand [make sure to fumble a bit]... they'd usually see I'm busy and start to swipe their own card

But then I've never really had a problem with swiping and multitasking.

If I need to put more bags into the rack, I'd put the two side holes in when they're pressing savings/cheque/credit.. ask and wait if they need cash.. then loop the middle when they're entering their PIN..

If it's a credit card.................. god there's so much freaking time after they press ENTER... I can refill bags and take a sip of water before the tiny signature paper pops up

greekgun

HSC
I wonder what my manager would do if i copied a whole bunch of the checkout rules onto a word document, printed them off and started handing them to customers after i served them.

On a more serious note i rekon we should find someway of informing customers that some of the stuff they do really pisses us of so they can to not piss us off. But that would probably never work cuz some customers are destined to be a pain in the ass.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
On a more serious note i rekon we should find someway of informing customers that some of the stuff they do really pisses us of so they can to not piss us off. But that would probably never work cuz some customers are destined to be a pain in the ass.
Not a good idea. They'll then start doing those things on purpose for the lulz, and to see you getting angry and pissed.

Pace_T

HSC
every shop has a different way of swiping so i never know if the strip is on the inside or outside. fucking pain in the ass

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Pace_T said:
every shop has a different way of swiping so i never know if the strip is on the inside or outside. fucking pain in the ass
thats why they usually have a little picture

Evilo

HSC
Pace_T said:
You have a one in two chance if getting it right if you're smart enough to get the magnetic strip in the machine.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
If there's no sticker, I look at the swipe thing and see where the metal magnetic strip reader is, so I know which way it goes.

I've started unpacking my basket in order of weight, so the icecream goes on the bottom and the bread goes on the top when it gets packed into bags.

Evilo

HSC
scarybunny said:
If there's no sticker, I look at the swipe thing and see where the metal magnetic strip reader is, so I know which way it goes.

I've started unpacking my basket in order of weight, so the icecream goes on the bottom and the bread goes on the top when it gets packed into bags.
smart one.
Many dumbass customers could learn from you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)