Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
today someone told me over the phone they were going to report us to the Governor General (coz her overdue layby got cancelled, like) and that our store was just a charity organisation and i needed to get a real job ^_^

P

pLuvia

greekgun said:
This has probably been brought up like a million times but these rude bitch customers cant get it through the thick skull. When i say the total and you pay in cash, dont put the god dam money on the bench, PUT IT IN FUCKING HAND, thats why my hand is out there. Im just trying to provide you customers with the best possible service aswell as a fast service to the best of my abillities and u put the change on the bench. I cant express how rude that is, when they put the change on the bench when my hand is streched out. How would they like it if i dumped all there change on the bench? By bet is that they owuldnt like it at all.
I can relate to that so much, mostly the asians do it not more so the non-asians. I have my hand stuck out then they move their hand away from my hand and dump on the bench. It's so frustrating so sometimes I just put it on the bench even if they have their hand stuck out, rude or not but they deserve it.

Also, while I was serving this white lady and I hadn't finished yet, this asian lady comes and asks me the most stupid questions, so to be polite for the white lady I ask the asian lady to wait till I finish with this lady then I'll attend with her (and this lady wasn't even in the line, she just jumped to the front and asked). But some people are thick and don't have common sense, so she asks me again about the most specific product expecting me to know where it is, and so the 2nd time she tried asking the white lady told her to wait her damn turn lol serves that stupid bitch right. Then she left without any help :D

Note to customers: Checkout people barely know where anything is and what the features are of a product or what products we have in the store (not unless they are the common stuff). If you are going to ask, ask someone on the floor actually packing or doing something in the actual store DON'T ASK US!

This applies to most major retail outlets :p

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
lol i remember a lady telling me she was going to take this "all the way to A Current Affair".

it took everything i had not to burst out laughing in her face. i can't even remember what she was mad about now.

but fo'serious people. threatening us with the Governor General/Tracy Grimshaw/your mates from the pub only reinforces our view of you as retarded. don't do it. if you have a dispute it goes roughly in this order: Person You Have The Problem With, Their Supervisor, Their Manager, Regional Manager Of Some Kind, Head Office, Batman.

ok?

greekgun

HSC
pLuvia said:
Note to customers: Checkout people barely know where anything is and what the features are of a product or what products we have in the store (not unless they are the common stuff). If you are going to ask, ask someone on the floor actually packing or doing something in the actual store DON'T ASK US!

This applies to most major retail outlets :p
When this happens, i tell the customer that i know where somethings are but not all of them so ill try and help u. Some of these accept my help and others get pissy. When they get pissy tell them to go to a lane which doesnt contain the item, so they spend a good long time searching for something that isnt there. Its pety, but it makes me feel better about working at coles.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Its only once you leave the retail industry that you truly understand how shit it is. Granted, there are a few skills you can gain through customer service, but on the whole, you cant really find a worse industry to be in.

The Holy Grail is when you are in a position to be able to choose your clients. <3
:uhhuh:

greekgun

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Its only once you leave the retail industry that you truly understand how shit it is. Granted, there are a few skills you can gain through customer service, but on the whole, you cant really find a worse industry to be in.

The Holy Grail is when you are in a position to be able to choose your clients. <3
:uhhuh:

^ Fucking A+ man.

Man this forum is my bible. Its the only way im able to work at coles, becasue im able to come here and vent.

Last edited:

kow_dude

HSC
blue_chameleon said:
Hospitality is worse than retail IMO

CieL

HSC
jas62 said:
Dont expect me to know which is the cheapest price they fucking change every week.
It's not that hard to remember the cheapest smokes. I know our cheapest ones are generally Longbeach 20s. If not, it'll be the Choice range. Or the Peter Jackson 20s range. Not that hard to keep track.

jas62 said:
Dont ask for holidays blue 50's and then when you pay for them say you asked for holidays gold 50's it means i have to walk all the way over to grab them then have to refund one and scan on the other!!!
Actually if it's the same brand, size and price.. you can just swap it without doing a refund.. Because when you scan smokes, for example, Winfield 25s.. it doesn't matter which milligrams/colour you scan, they'll all come out as WINFIELD:25s

jas62 said:
And finally dont pay for longbeach 40's in 5cent coins and get the shits with me when it take 10minutes to count.
Just keep in mind that you are not obliged to accept over $2 in 5c coins. When I first started working, some lady asked if she could use a FEW 5c coins to pay for her smokes.. this was in peak hour.. she bought smokes for $9.95 and then she suddenly tips over this pouch with a billion 5c coins.. At least put them in stacks or something beforehand.. but after that I told my manager what happened, and he told me about how you can refuse small change like that.. I searched it up online.. some law thing.. but it's more like a recommendation.. So now, when I see something like that happening in peak hour, I tell them I'm not going to accept it. Unless I'm low on change and cbf'd to order.

wrxsti said:
My other shift, some bloke came in to buy ciggs and he told me he wants to buy "that filter thingy", me being "wtf" asked if he wanted those ciggrattes filters and pointed to the glass bench where those slim/large tube filters are. And he goes "no" and points to the ciggarette wall...and after him screaming "filter filter", he really wanted a packet of bensen hudgens classic.

Was he a fucken moron? or was i not in the slang term of that sort of ciggarette brand?
Back in the old days, Benson & Hedges Classics used to be called Benson & Hedges Filter.

I serve a lot of older smokers and they don't seem to learn that the packs have changed names. Like some still say, "Winfield super mild", or "Longbeach super mild".. but the word "mild" has been banned years ago because it seems misleading..

Hope this clears some things up =]

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ha, women comes in yesterday with 3 receipts and a whole heap of stock. Not sus at all. All high security items to like batteries, condoms, teeth whiteners etc. Added up to nearly $50 and she wanted refunds on all for stupid reasons, eg "I don't need condoms coz I'm pregnant". We asked her for ID but her wallet had been stolen so all we got was a medicare card.

Rule for customer: When you're doing something sus like that, try not to shake and ramble on about whatever it is you're returning, you know you just want the money, we know you just want the money.

Evilo

HSC
hahaha i would have thought - jeeze you're pregnant, and you've lost your wallet. Thats the last thing we need in the gene pool.
What a dumb bitch.

jas62

HSC
CieL said:
Actually if it's the same brand, size and price.. you can just swap it without doing a refund.. Because when you scan smokes, for example, Winfield 25s.. it doesn't matter which milligrams/colour you scan, they'll all come out as WINFIELD:25s

No they dont ours come up with the colour so we have to keep the accounts right otherwise the managers get the shits and with autostocker the accounts have to be right

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
jodi..1 said:
Ha, women comes in yesterday with 3 receipts and a whole heap of stock. Not sus at all. All high security items to like batteries, condoms, teeth whiteners etc. Added up to nearly $50 and she wanted refunds on all for stupid reasons, eg "I don't need condoms coz I'm pregnant". We asked her for ID but her wallet had been stolen so all we got was a medicare card.

Rule for customer: When you're doing something sus like that, try not to shake and ramble on about whatever it is you're returning, you know you just want the money, we know you just want the money.

sounds like she has stolen all those things and returning for $$$

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
CieL said:
lol these 3 are shockers.

What receipt were they showing you that said, "this is not a legal receipt"?

What kind of job is this? Like MYERS or something?
TARGET price verify reciept.

Evilo

HSC
CieL said:
lemme ask you mate, your manager uses the gun to order twice as much winnie blues as all the others (because they are popular). So lemme ask you how supply knows to give them twice as many packets of blues, over the others if they all have "exactly" the same code?

Receipt description =/= stock code.

CieL

HSC
Evilo said:
lemme ask you mate, your manager uses the gun to order twice as much winnie blues as all the others (because they are popular). So lemme ask you how supply knows to give them twice as many packets of blues, over the others if they all have "exactly" the same code?

Y'all right, I'm wrong. Happy?

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Evilo said:

what ciel is doing is stuffing up the stock levels, but who givs a rat.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
waysted said:
I don't have my head in the case.
I cannot see where you're pointing.
Just tell me what you want.
And how much.
Really, it's not that hard.
It's not going to get much closer to 500 grams than 502 grams.
Kabana doesn't fit into a bag unless I break it.
I'm 17. I do not know how to cook nile perch fillet.
It's not my fault you didn't hear me call your number because you were on the phone.
Deli is awesome, but some people are so fucking stupid....
That is all.
i can so relate to that. hahah

but i knw somehwat how to cook fish. but i seriously cbb'd explaining to customers. the internet is there for a reason. XD

Deli worker here as well.

also another thing;
When i grab ~300grams of diced bacon; when u asked for 500grams; and i go to grab some more using the same bag via inverted bag trick .. don't say "that should be neough what you ahve in there" and then say "oh; that's not enough" when i put it back onthe scale. ti really pissses me off.

funny though; last sunday the manager of the deli managed to retrieve some stolen stock from a woman who drove a van full of children back from her after chasing.

she bought at least $50 worth of deli stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)