Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

shortie_689

HSC
kadlil said:
that reminds me of a situation that happened with my friend, a customer complained about a product from Roy Young and because my friend couldn't do anything about it, the customer says "that's it, i know Roy Young, ill complain to him" ahahahah.. stupid nob
who is ur friend i used to work at roy young

HSC
katietheskatie said:
hahah what the fuck?
oh my thoughts exactly dude. I was at work yesterday and this guy goes "can i please have 4 caps but one with pepper on the top instead of the choc powder?"

and good thing we make bloody marys at the bar cause i dont think hed be able to get pepper for his coffee in a coffee shop.. or is it more popular than I think?

HSC
i've never heard of that before, that's effing disgusting. that's like this guy asked me to half-fill his popcorn container, empty a box of maltesers into it and then fill it up the rest of the way with popcorn. i was like "can't you do it yourself?" but he was like "but then the maltesers won't melt into the popcorn right!" .. ew.

HSC
katietheskatie said:
i've never heard of that before, that's effing disgusting. that's like this guy asked me to half-fill his popcorn container, empty a box of maltesers into it and then fill it up the rest of the way with popcorn. i was like "can't you do it yourself?" but he was like "but then the maltesers won't melt into the popcorn right!" .. ew.
haha fuck man some ppl are weird. and some people are so dumb too.. oh coming to think of it i should start a thread about dumb retail /customer service workers.. prolly already been done but oh well i have soo many stories

Skeeta

HSC
i work at a coffee shop.

dont just ask for "coffee"

we have about 50 types of coffee...

dont treat me like an idiot when i ask you what type of coffee you would like

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
go_swans said:
oh my thoughts exactly dude. I was at work yesterday and this guy goes "can i please have 4 caps but one with pepper on the top instead of the choc powder?"

and good thing we make bloody marys at the bar cause i dont think hed be able to get pepper for his coffee in a coffee shop.. or is it more popular than I think?
he was probably buying it for a friend, and as a joke wanted him to suffer. if thats the case, then thats a pretty good prank!!

ohh i hate when someone grabs an item of clothing off the inside racks and walks with it to the outside racks. of course the security buzzer is going to go off!! "oh i only wanted to come outside for a second" - leave the fucken item on the counter, THEN go outside. no one wants to hear the buzzer go off anymore than us, especially since everytime it does go off, all 5-6 staff rush to the doors!

HSC
grk_styl said:
he was probably buying it for a friend, and as a joke wanted him to suffer. if thats the case, then thats a pretty good prank!!

ohh i hate when someone grabs an item of clothing off the inside racks and walks with it to the outside racks. of course the security buzzer is going to go off!! "oh i only wanted to come outside for a second" - leave the fucken item on the counter, THEN go outside. no one wants to hear the buzzer go off anymore than us, especially since everytime it does go off, all 5-6 staff rush to the doors!

he was like 70ish... if he were younger i'd believe it was for a prank!

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
just because your drunk and happy, doesn't mean i have to be, especially when it is 2am... dont ask me to smile, dont ask me for free drinks, dont ask me to make an acception, and if i tell you to fuck off, i mean it...

Last edited:
HSC
William_Lawry said:
just because your drunk and happy, doesn't mean i have to be, especially when it is 2pm... dont ask me to smile, dont ask me for free drinks, dont ask me to make an acception, and if i tell you to fuck off, i mean it...

also dont ask to "spill" more spirits into ur drink when i measure them.

HSC
haha, people are so adamant that their shot glasses have to be filled to the extent where they're literally overflowing and spill everywhere.
I mean, that 0.1mm of alcohol doesn't really count, you're still going to be just as drunk at the end of the day. Dumbarses.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
Genesys said:
Don't Eat the whole maccas burger and then ask for a new one, because the one you have just eaten was cold.
HAHAHA are you serious? some people are so stupid

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
don't come into the restaurant 10 minutes before we close and expect perfect service while we are running around cleaning

and don't get pissed off when you can't order alcohol after our licence runs out

and don't order extra sour cream then when i go and bring it out, you say no cos you finished your meal in the 30 seconds i took to get it!

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
i hate it when several customers' in a row ask for lots of cash out...when my register is already half empty..and there's like 5 different atm machines a few metres away from the store...and after pointing this out, they still insist on me ordering more money so they can take it out at my register

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Previous job #1 - coffee shop

- I don't know how many times people came up to me to ask for directions, our store being 5 metres away from the INFORMATION DESK. I'm here to serve customers, the information desk is there specifically to answer your query. I have better things to do. Fuckasses.

- Don't bring back your muffin half an hour after you bought it and ask for a replacement because "it's a bit burnt around the edges." If that's the case, peel the edges off. The rest of the damn muffin is perfectly fine. It tastes exactly the same as all the other muffins. If I'm busy the last thing I feel like doing is dealing with petty complaints.

- For some reason, people will go out of their way to complain about something really small like a burnt muffin, yet be too lazy to clean up after themselves by putting their rubbish in the bin.

- Don't refer to me by my name badge. It's creepy. Just don't do it. I'm only wearing this damn thing because it's regulation, not because I want to exchange friendly banter.

Previous job # 2 - supermarket

- I don't know where every single item in the store is.

- Similarly, if I'm standing in the bakery section, wearing an apron covered in flour, chances are, I work in the bakery. So no, I don't know what cold meats are on special. I'm not an all-knowing oracle.

- "Is this bread baked here?" - look at the fucking label on the fucking bread that explicitly says "MADE IN-STORE." And the huge sign over your head that says the same thing. Again, don't waste my time with stupid questions.

- For the love of god, don't pick something up, carry it for a while and then upon deciding you don't want it, put it back wherever you happen to be standing. For fuck's sake, are you really THAT too damn lazy to walk the 10 metres back to where you found the item to put it back where it belongs?

General peeve: Don't speak to service assistants like they're second-class citizens, slaves, or just plain stupid. Politeness really does go a long way.

Last edited:

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Don't get crabby at me coz its the first time I've had to load a gift card.

Don't get narky just because we don't have a MAX unit on the frontend at the moment and therefore I need to call for a price check

Sorry I don't know where every item is located, I've only just started working here and I don't shop here

When I ask how you are, even though I really don't care, at least acknowledge me with a response

EDIT: When I'm on express, and there is clearly a sign saying '8 items or less', it means exactly that, and no, I will not be impressed when you come through with twenty-fucking-six items (and, yes, the tally does come on the register, so I know exactly how many you have)

Last edited:

picon

HSC
Hot food section:
As mentioned earlier, don't chuck a fit complaining about waiting for so long then having no clue what you want/going to check what others want when it's your turn.

When you ask for serviettes, and I enquire as to how many people need them (eg 4), don't give me dirty looks when you think I haven't given you enough. Stop being such a grub!

Don't complain and bitch about having to pay for sauce packets. The sign is clearly displayed.

We ask 'Eat in or takeaway?' when we take your order. Don't change your mind when we're halfway through, and act oblivious as to why we get annoyed and are brusque with you.

Seafood:
Don't get mad when you ask to try a prawn and we say 'we have to charge you'. If I let you have a freebie, be grateful. Those things cost $1-$2.50+ at Christmas.

Don't ask us which prawns are better/what they taste like/where they're from, if I've already explained it to the person next to you, and you were listening to what I was saying to them.

DON'T PLAY WITH THE LIVE MUDCRABS. Yes they are tied with string, but they can still move, especially their claws. DON'T SCREAM when one of them moves or attempts to attack you. Serves you right for manhandling it and dropping it on its back and on another crab.
If we tell you we only have male mudcrabs, we only have male mudcrabs. Don't keep turning them over to look for a female.

If we ask 'Can I help you?' when we see you poking around by the crab box, and you say 'No, just looking', don't keep fiddling with the live produce. Also, don't get pissy when we explain why we don't want customers playing with them, and you continue to do so!

When you tell me what you want, speak clearly and make sure I can hear/understand you. I will repeat what you have said, just to make sure, but it's not my fault if I have to ask you three+ times 'how many?' because you can't be bothered to direct your voice towards me.

Don't get annoyed when it takes me a minute or so to fill the bag with the 2kg+ of prawns you want. I'm going as fast as I can when I only have a thin layer of plastic protecting my hands from the prawn spikes.

Don't get annoyed when we explain we charge for peeling your prawns. It takes OUR TIME you lazy git, and if you get a pair of washing up gloves you can do it yourself.

Don't block the entrances when we need to get in and out.

Don't thump on the glass trying to get my attention. I'm usually serving someone else anyway, and it makes me less likely to want to serve you/give you better service.

Stop bitching when we refuse to take EFTPOS for purchases <$20 - the signs are there, read them before buying.

If you've bothered to come at some ungodly hour during the 36hr Christmas opening period, at least have some clue as to what you want and how much you need. Chances are we're tired and pissed off after being on our feet for hours and dealing with large numbers of rude and fussy customers, and will not look favourably on such dawdling.

It's not my problem if you turn up at closing time on Christmas Eve looking for something which we've now probably run out of, so don't get mad at me.

No we will not open on Christmas Day or New Year's Day just to serve you some fresh prawns. Get over yourself you selfish moron, we have lives too.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Argonaut said:
->
I'm not kidding: this little old lady decided to ignore the fact that we open at 7.30 and came in at 7am by driving her oldpersonmobile through the brand-new sliding doors at full speed simply so she could get in ...
lmao...what the fuck? do you mean she actually drove her little scooter straight through the glass? that is so wierd.

a couple from my previous job which i think could apply to many:

- no offence to non english speaking peoples, but yelling obscenities at me in spanish/japanese/russian/whatever, because i dont understand what you want isnt going to get you anywhere. i understand that you want service, and i will try to help, but it's not in my job description to be multilingual, sorry.
- secondly, if your credit card doesnt work when it's been swiped through the machine multiple times, chances are, it's not going to. and there's not a lot i can do about it because contrary to what you all seem to believe there is no magic button on my keyboard to "make" it work. also, please do not reach over me and start playing with the register yourself, because that is incredibly rude and i will not hestitate to whack your arm away with the scanner. im not completely stupid, i can work the damn machine myself!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)