Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

kuroneko

HSC
waysted said:
sorry, i just reckon it's a pretty sweet job. except for the chicken blood etc.
did anyone ever buy those horrible vine leaf things when u worked there?
Must've been different. I didn't get the chicken blood... oh but washing up the chicken-cooker stuff, the smell of that water is so... foul. *Teehee*

Yeah a few people bought them. Mostly older folks.

waysted

HSC
i always get blood/juice splattered on my face when i untie the bags of chicken to cook the roast chooks...ergh. i've never seen anyone buy any of the vine leaves, we always end up throwing them all out. and the other day i chucked out $50 worth of olives that looked like prunes, coz no one ever buys them....

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah especially when you're only there once or twice a week and every time you come in it's been changed...so customers ask where stuff is and you direct them to where it was the last time you were there, and then obviously they get shitty when they find they're looking for their cat litter in the confectionery aisle. :eek:
Its not so bad for me, because I do tickets every week so I'm forced to walk through the store and take notice of where everything is. Its just that people ask for obscure things that I've never heard of. Thats when I'm like ummmm......what else is it with???

HSC
Aquarium -

1. Don't bring back a dead fish a month after purchasing it and expect me to refund or exchange you a better fish.
2. Don't ask me how much we buy the fish in at a wholesale price for, LIKE I'M REALLY GOING TO TELL YOU.
3. Don't tell me your filter doesn't work properly and demand a replacement when you have clearly stated you clean out the whole filter daily - YOU'RE the one killing your fish!
4. Don't tell me I told you to feed your fish human food.. you were too tight to purchase fish food when I suggested it!
5. Don't complain when I don't use the oxygen tank to bag your fish, SOME fish are too delicate for the pressure; and THEN don't complain when I DO use it and your fish turn white from stress. DUMBARSE!!

Clothing Store -

1. Why are you questioning the way the store is merchandised? I DON'T MAKE THE MERCHANDISING GUIDES.
2. Why are you complaining that the changeroom is dirty? IT WAS YOUR KID WHO THREW LOLLY WRAPPERS AND NASTY TISSUES IN THERE!
3. Don't you dare ask me for a discount or try to mix and match promotions, I won't do it for you and I'm not allowed anyway.
4. Don't bluddy argue with me about the law and refunds and exchange policies. I AM THE LAW. Your product is not faulty! You wore it, ripped it, took the tag off and have no receipt. Hound yourself for being stupid. How would you like it if I sold you used bikinis and accessories? Yeah, so don't try to return them. I don't care if you have no lunch money.
5. Don't argue that the store advertising is misleading when the sign CLEARLY states what prices apply to what styles.
6. Please don't deem a product faulty when you smeared your foundation on the neck whilst trying it on.
7. Don't tell me the clothing racks are in your way when you are trying to push two Woolworth's trolleys through a busy store.
8. Don't make up stories about me telling you something when I really didn't to my manager, I'm just going to make your life twice as hard.
9. Don't tell me how the store should be run, and how my job should be done. Your boyfriend was asking me out to lunch in exchange for that dress he bought from me yesterday.

--- P.S Is there a thread where we can bitch about workmates too? Lol :)

Evilo

HSC
townie said:
more wondering where you worked, is all

i'm Woolworths Liquor
yeah LL for me. All those small stores are the same anyway, i reckon they keep an "eye" on each others prices.

Timbo650

Supposed to be studying
HSC
N/A
MEMO: All staff in all convenience stores

Please, do not feel obliged to attempt to show me
through your attitude,
or tone of voice, or body language,
or the way you stare at the body of the woman in the queue behind me,
or the way you make a deep sigh as you serve me,
or from the contemptuous way you throw my change at me,
that you are actually from a rich family, or from a higher caste,
and that this job in a 7-11 is not your real job nor your real destiny,
and that I should therefore somehow think more of you than I do.

If you can do that, then I will restrain myself from calling you by the name of
a Simpsons character in order to put you in your place.

That is all.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
shanti96 said:
A couple from KFC

1. When I tell you you cant have a 21 piece bucket all in breasts and/or drumsticks, don't give me "the KFC in [somewhere] did it for me". Especially when I've just explained to you that all the other customers won't get any of those pieces if you take them all..
2. When you come through drive thru, have the correct money and we dont do EFTPOS there.
3. When we don't come to the register at drive thru immediately, dont roll your eyes... we cant stand there 24/7 and if we're not there, we're probably walking to the window right now
4. when we ask what type of drink you wanted with the meal and with every meal you've purchased then, dont sigh and roll you eyes. There are people out there who are very specific and if we dont ask you, assume its a pepsi.
5. It would be nice if you emptied your tray contents into the garbage if you dine in
6. for the gazillionth time, lots of things on our menu are for a limited time so dont get angry if we dont sell BBQ chickens or corn.
7. dont get pissed when the manager confirms exactly what Ive just said. face it, I was right.
Shes right for most of that stuff, its pretty annoying.

Prawns were the devil, they pricked me hands and i bled because all we had were shitty plastic bags to pick them up with which we used as gloves. The sloppy meat kababs also might be tasty but they are really really messy and also slippery to pick up.

Funny IT troubleshooting story from my mate. He got a call from a woman who had a problem where whenever she opened word a long line of the letter k would appear and keep growing. This is how he troubleshooted it:

ok, so first thing you gotta do is pick the keyboard up about a foot from the desk eith both hands "ok yeah i got it up there" alright now drop it "WTF drop it? how will that help" drop it, trust me "CLANG huh wierd that fixed it" the key was stick lol. He thought either it would be stuck, or telling her to pick it up with two hands would mean she would stop leaning on/pressing the key or would remove any weights on the key.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I you want me to show you one of our books I wll be more than happy to.

However, if you are just looking to waste my time, I'd advise that you be somwhere else.

Pilotdude

HSC
Heres a classic from the otherday.....

2 guys come into the liquor store and have a couple of cartons, then the liqour assistant asked about the 2 cartons of TED's under all the other grog.

Their response "It was in the trolley when we got it"

L/a called security over and they were having a full blown argument saying they ould bring it back etc etc and then we went and looked at the security footage and would you belive they picked it up and put it in their trolley.

They actually left the store as well, they said they were right and cops arrived just as they were walking out which meant we could charge them for theft and give them a trespass notice. :D

Fuckheads.

Why is it, the only people who notice that something is priced wrong by a few cents are Asian, Blacks and Europeans?? Ticket price might be 3.92 per kilo and its scanning at $3.94 per kilo, we dont do scanning policys on fruit and veg now either cause we had a massive problem with people changing prices to get it for free.

A stupid bitch bought 29 of these milks and they were 2 for what ever and the total was like 70 bucks and it took off 27 odd dollars for the offer.

She comes running to the service desk and we were like WTF, and shes saying "I get for Free, i get free, i get free, money back now"

Me: "no you dont get anything the offers gone through"
her: "NO NO NO NO NO, smacking the bench"
Her: "i right you wrong, me always right"
Me: "look the offers gone through, so theres nothing to argue about"
her: "NO NO NO, me right me right" and she was stomping and making a huge fuss.

At that point i was in absolute hysterics i couldnt control it and shes screaming as she left the mall, was the funniest shit but it just came out of no where.

Weird weird weird person.

HSC
Deli:

1. If im standing there serving and im the only person in the deli, dont expect me to go faster just to get to you, you arent special.

2. If i say that i'll go out to the cool room and have look, i will, and if we dont have it there is nothing i can do about it. end of story.

3. if the meat on top is a little dry, it isnt my fault its like 40 fucking degrees outside and the cabinet cant keep up with it.

4. if you want 4 slices of something and there is only 3 there, and there is a waiting line, dont be a cunt and ask me to slice ONE more. fuck off.

5. if you ask me every time you come into the shop if i am [insert name] i will tell you a different name each time, just to confuse you. idiot.

Liquor:

1. if you look 15 and i ask for ID dont take offence, you probly are 15.

2. if you have two arms and two legs that work, you can carry your own alcohol to the car. i have more important things to do.

3. if something scans at the wrong price, i will fix it. dont yell abuses.

General Registers:

1. if your first 7 cards are declined, i am definitely not going to accept a cheque from you. ever.

2. if i look bored i more than likely am, dont make lame arse jokes that will probly make me hate my job even more. go home.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I got abused once by a lady because her credit card was declined and the nearest atm was downstairs...

And another time the EFTPOS for the entire state went down for our company and some woman who had been on the phone whilst in the line, where we were making announcements to people that we could only accept credit or cash, abused me for not taking her banik card.

Fucks. Open your ears if you're a customer and don't make someone's life/job any harder than need be.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
If I ask you for the LAST SIX DIGITS of an asset number, do not;
- Give me the whole 11 digit code.
- Ask if you can read it to me backwards.
- Give me just the last 3 digits.

Also, if I say 'asset number' and you say 'access number?' and I say 'no, ASSET number', do not go off and ask someone for the 'access number' in plain hearing of me.

Fools!

Evilo

HSC
o0o_chris_o0o said:
3. if something scans at the wrong price, i will fix it. dont yell abuses.
As an addition to that:

If it scans up wrong (in your opinion), don't wait untill after the transaction to say something. Especially when purchasing one item - i told you the total before you handed the money over. OMG

Lizakith said:
I got abused once by a lady because her credit card was declined and the nearest atm was downstairs...
hahaha yeah

I hate it when they ask you to retry it. "oh yeah sure, the banks understand the urgency of your liquor purchase, so they'll let it through this time". Or when they try and justify it being rejected i.e " oh that shouldnt happen, its got a $1000 cash limit" <-- i dont care, do you want the goods or not? id say at least 9 times out of 10 they pull out another 3 credit cards trying to find one that could work.

Skeeta

HSC
We don't have drive-thru.

Don't ring the shop to place an order for coffee. Wait in line like the rest of Australia.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
- If you aren't interested in anything I have to say, at least say "no thanks". Ignoring me completely is the height of rudeness.
- If I've already asked you if you'd like an information sheet, then I'm sorry. Do you have any idea how much foot traffic I get going past the stand in the space of half an hour? There's no need to get upset if I forget your face three hours later and accidentally ask you again ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)