Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
CieL said:
Some people are really thick.
I was packing smokes and watching a staff serve this customer.. the girl scans this bottle of cordial and it came up as $3.xx. And the customer said *in a very sure tone* "It says two for $5! So they're $2.50 each!!"

And I turned around and told her.. "You need to buy two to get the discount"

She looks at me like she just shit herself and goes, "Are you serious?!"

No shit, Sherlock!
omg...even my 6 year old cousin would understand the concept of multi buys.
Was this lady a bogan of some sorts or just plain stupid?

HSC
I think that they go through stages, depending on what batch they're from.
In my experience, the dark grey bags are the weakest, while the pale bluey-greeny bags are the strongest.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i bet it's also part of some plan to get people to switch to green bags, i mean woolworths will love when everybody is on green bags

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
I reckon Townie is right, the bags are all shit now so people buy the green bags, that, combined with media rumours the Dudd government are gonna bring in forced payment for plastic, will clinch it....

An how stupid can people be with the Multi-Buys?! Luckily I don't have to deal with that much in Liqour...

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
well it depends

at big w when we have something like "2 for $5" in our catalogue, it means the items are $2.50 each, and u can buy an odd number if u want, the "2 for..." thing is just a ploy to try to get them to buy 2 instead of 1, or 4 instead of 3

honestly it's not their fault for being unsure of how it works

also, green bags are cool, did u know the plastic bags cost the company about 4c each, in our lunch room we have a "how much do our bags rly cost" with the price of each different type of bag, so yeah

relax kids

sonnysburning

HSC
i don't know if anyone's posted anything about ridiculous coffee orders?
[of course they have]
people all like errr, i'll have a half strength decaf skinny latte with vanilla flavouring and a twist of lemon..
:mad:
or, a cup of cino.
haha.
cup of cino.
some lady asked me for skinny soy?!
it's worse when you live in the middle of no-where and you just get the blank, i don't know what you want from me face.. whats the difference between a flat white and a cappucino?
so aggravating!!
fairly amusing in hind-sight, but seriously, at eight o clock in the morning, dumb coffee orders SUCK.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
also, green bags are cool, did u know the plastic bags cost the company about 4c each, in our lunch room we have a "how much do our bags rly cost" with the price of each different type of bag, so yeah
From an environmental view, the green bags are a complete waste of time, greenwashing, extremely limited benefits.

Also, you look like a homo.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Some people are really thick.
I was packing smokes and watching a staff serve this customer.. the girl scans this bottle of cordial and it came up as $3.xx. And the customer said *in a very sure tone* "It says two for $5! So they're $2.50 each!!"

And I turned around and told her.. "You need to buy two to get the discount"

She looks at me like she just shit herself and goes, "Are you serious?!"

No shit, Sherlock!
Working at a liquor store - this happens to me at least 4 times a day

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Captain Gh3y said:
well it depends

at big w when we have something like "2 for $5" in our catalogue, it means the items are $2.50 each, and u can buy an odd number if u want, the "2 for..." thing is just a ploy to try to get them to buy 2 instead of 1, or 4 instead of 3

honestly it's not their fault for being unsure of how it works

relax kids
you can buy odd numbers for multibuys as well, but the minimum is the X in the X for Y dollars

e.g. VB longnecks are 3 for $12, but for each additional VB above the 3, they each work out to be $4 (so 4 are $16, and 5 are $20 etc.)

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
yeah i get what u mean

with some things we have that if u buy 2, it gives u a discount

but generally speaking, with most things, the catalogue may say "2 for $x", but it just means they're $x/2 individually, almost every time

CieL

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
but generally speaking, with most things, the catalogue may say "2 for $x", but it just means they're $x/2 individually, almost every time
That's really lame.
I understand what you meant by making customers buy more..
But what happened to the good ol' $x EACH.
Oh well.
Coles works differently.
If it says "Two for $x", it means you have to buy in multiples of 2 for the discount. I think it's only logical to think that way.

Also a note for some staff pressing quantity for mass multibuys..
The machines just can't handle it.

Some guy bought 9 boxes of 1.5L cokes, which had 8 bottles in a box.
Which is 72 bottles altogether.
We were doing a promotion of "3 for $5"
When you type in "quantity = 72", the multibuy doesn't work.
However, it does work when you press "quantity = 8" and do that 9 times. LOL.

CieL

HSC
babikakez said:
But I HATE packing Green bags.
Me too.

I don't like green bags when:
1. The customer just buys it. You have to find scissors to cut them open. Or get red marks on your fingers from tearing the seal apart.
2. They don't sit well on the plastic bag rack.
3. They're pretty high so when you pack on the counter you gotta peer over it [unless you're a yeti]
4. When the customer doesn't hold it up for you and it flops everywhere.
5. When the customer doesn't wash it.
6. When the customer stuffs about 10 bags into one. You pull the first one you touch out and the rest spring out over the floor and over the counter.
7. It is much much much much slower than packing in plastic bags.
8. When the customer has a enviro bag that folds and zips up... and hands them all to you zipped up. Waste of time.
9. They expect you to pack a lot in an enviro bag. I don't mind the occassional lift, but lifting a $300 bill's worth of enviro bags repeatedly over several shift kinda kills my arms and back. Especially when they DEMAND you to fill them up.
10. This list can seriously go on forever with my hate of "enviro bags".

CieL

HSC
Rule:
Don't expect a refund when you don't deserve one.

Yesterday, I had this grumpy customer dump a slab of meat in my face and say, "This meat is off! I want a full refund and the receipt is in the bag".

A bit taken aback I looked at the receipt.
Date: 22nd August
I looked at the meat.
Best before: 28th August

*..........................*

I didnt want to do a refund because the meat was clearly expired 10 days ago.. and I wanted to ask the duty manager for a second opinion.
When I asked her to wait a moment, she gets majorly angry and demanded she "Just want[ed] a FULL REFUND" lol I went away anyway.

The manager and I laughed our nuts off in the back dock. What a total dumb shit. If she hadn't of bought that meat we could of sold it to someone who was going to eat it before the best before date.

He talked to her.. she demanded that when she gets home she puts the meat away in the freezer.. I dont know if she thawed it or not, but the meat looked like it just came out of the fridge.. perhaps she thawed it for too long on a sunny day. Who knows. But if you're a regular and you just live around the corner, I don't understand why you'd buy a slab of meat 2wks ago to eat now.. when it's not fresh cut on the day..

HSC
Parents,
If I'm cleaning up a broken packet of icing sugar, don't let your shitty toddler kick the pile all over me.
Its just common courtesy to at least tell the child that its inappropriate, not to giggle as well.
Also, don't be a shitty parent as well.
Thanks

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Another thing for parents, particularly those who don't have english as a first language. I always assumed that saying "your 3 year old shoeless child is about to walk through the glass you just broke" was quite a universal saying, clearly I was wrong.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ouch.. I thought they would tell the child that regardless.... and another thing... why was a 3 year old shoeless in a shop?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I pulled a little kid out of the path of some broken glass once and his mother went apeshit at me for touching her little angel like I was some pedo (I was 15 ffs), and how dare I presume to discipline HER child and bla bla bla. Wtf. Maybe if she had paid more attention to her little boy and less to deciding which colour hair dye to purchase she would have seen him before I did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)