Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I've decided to compile a list. Ok 3 lists.

1. Things which ARE my problem and which I am happy to help you with

-your billing/account queries/problems
-your questions about products
-your problems with products
-updating your billing/shipping address
-chasing up billing/shipping address problems
-general information
-complaints

2. Things which are technically NOT my problem but which I am happy to assist you with if I can

-internet/computer troubleshooting
-electronic product troubleshooting

3. Things which ARE NOT my problem nor anyone elses, now fuck off

-your inability to read fine print
-your inability to read, period
-your inability to speak or understand English
-your lack of a fixed address
-your financial situation
-your life story

etc

had a pretty good day at work tbh, I was just musing about it on the train home

bdude

HSC
If you have a PIN for your credit card, USE IT. I'm sure pretty much all banks offer PINS for Credit Cards - FIND OUT ABOUT IT

jas62

HSC
Wogs Fucking go back to your own country PLEASE!! Gosh i hate them just because you have 4orders in one trolly doesnt mean you can come through the "HAND BASKET ONLY". Leave the fucking deli girls alone they are not going to mark the chickens down more so get over it. Dont pick the reduce stickers off and put them on other stuff you look like a TOOL!! And finally i dont have time for you I would prefer it if you just fuck off

hopethisworks

Banned
North Manly Beach Sexual Preference: Centaur Bans
HSC
N/A
jas62 said:
Wogs Fucking go back to your own country PLEASE!! Gosh i hate them just because you have 4orders in one trolly doesnt mean you can come through the "HAND BASKET ONLY". Leave the fucking deli girls alone they are not going to mark the chickens down more so get over it. Dont pick the reduce stickers off and put them on other stuff you look like a TOOL!! And finally i dont have time for you I would prefer it if you just fuck off
lol, g1

Black Heart

HSC
- Just because an item won't scan, DOESN"T mean you get it for free.
- Don't speak really fast when you want smokes and expect me to know what smokes you want. I'm only 14, therefore I know shit about smokes.
- If you want your bags packed nicely, don't have your fruit and veg/meat/etc all over the conveyor belt. It will be packed like crap if you do.
Edit:- If you don't unpack your basket, I will take my sweet ass time upacking the whole thing before I start scanning. So unpack it yourself.

I'll post more if I can think of some.

Last edited:

Terlob

HSC
- I (used to) work at Coles. Asking for fallopian tubes or a left handed hammer is not funny here, and I will abuse you infront of your giggling 13 year old friends if you do. Go pull that shit at bunnings or something.

- Don't try and cover up the fact that you are buying condoms/lube by also buying 5 packs of gum, a turnip and a copy of TV week, or some other weird ass combination. I'll price check that shit.

- If I just told you I dont know where the biscuit dough is, what makes you think I will know where the bok choy is.

- We don't have that obscure ingredient you are after, we're Coles. You're a shit cook anyway and missing that one ingredient wont make a difference "to the overall taste of the dish". Who the fuck do you think you are anyway.

And to whoever is in charge -

- You get what you pay for. If I get a "product not recognised" or some shit when I scan something, the customer gets it for free.

aussie-boy

HSC
meow-says-kitty said:
What a wanker, I would have. Or just said you don't even HAVE to take all those coins but you decided to be nice, but now he can get fucked. But obviously not the fucked part.
actually, its legal tender, so she had no choice

-------------

this thread is slightly fucked... if you work in a supermarket its your job to know where stuff is; and if a customer is too lazy to do something its your job to do it for them. its called good customer service

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
aussie-boy said:
actually, its legal tender, so she had no choice
It was mentioned earlier, you only have to accept a maximum of 100 times the value of the coin. (i.e. $5 worth of 5c coins). It's the law.

aussie-boy said:
this thread is slightly fucked... if you work in a supermarket its your job to know where stuff is; and if a customer is too lazy to do something its your job to do it for them. its called good customer service
Most of the stuff mentioned on the thread is an outlet about the unrealistic expectations of customers - they still do it. If it is their job to do something and they didn't do it, someone here will tell them.

mitch179

HSC
Please don't come into a TARGET store with your Target Country Exchange Coupons and then get angry when I tell you that as the stores are on different systems, I can't accept the coupon. The supervisor will tell you the same thing.

Please don't tell me after I've pressed Total and I am now on the Tender Screen that something is not the price it's meant to be. I either have to Suspend the transaction and then justify why I did that, and get it fixed, or you have to pay for it and then go and get the difference refunded. Please tell me as I'm scanning other things, and then I can call the department and get them to confirm with me.

Don't come to me and ask for a refund, 1) I don't know how to do them properly and 2) I'm at a REGISTER, there is a big desk to your left with a big sign saying Customer Service. GO THERE!

If you pay in small change, sure... I'll accept it, even though I don't have to, but don't stand there with a sour look on your face while I count it to make sure you haven't tried to short me. I'm not a retard, and I know how the teenage mind works. After all, I'm one too. So I know that you might give me not enough in small enough change thinking I'll be too lazy to count it all. Guess what? I WILL!

Don't ask me stupid questions such as "Does it feel weird touching chick's underwear?" BITCH! I've been working here for over a year now, I think I'm pretty much used to it.

Don't get mad at me when I tell you that I don't keep the Bounty Bags under my register. As you can see, it's a small area, I don't have an endless supply under the counter. Go to customer service, they can tell you more.

Don't look down on me just because you're older than me and you think you're wiser. Odds are, you've never even worked in retail and you have JACK SHIT idea on what it's like.

Don't pay with your credit card, press OK and have the validation slip print out for you to sign, and THEN realise you have an Exchange Voucher and expect me to reverse it. You have swiped the card and pressed okay, which means you have entered into consideration of the contract you entered to by purchasing the items. (little something i learnt in Legal Studies :p)
When I tell you you'll have to go to Customer Service for a Tender Exchange don't ask "Why?" The answer is "I CAN'T REVERSE IT, IT'S TOO LATE" and don't try and tell me it's not because it hasn't been processed because IT HAS. Right when you pressed OK.

That's about 2 weeks worth of stuff right there.
Most of the customers I get are fairly nice, and I don't mind serving them. But then you get the occasional retard that just makes you ask yourself why you're still working there.. especially at the slave rates they're paying.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
I had it up to here with people who come into Coles with a Woolies gift card.
I don't mind it so much when they go "oh sorry" then gives me money..

But on Friday two people pissed me off:

1. A man in his 50s loaded my conveyor belt with his groceries.. and at the end I state the total of $40.xx.. and he hands me over two green gift cards.. I look at them and tell him, "Sorry, but that's a Woolworths gift card and we're Coles". He looks at me, then his groceries and goes, "Oh.." then walks out the door. A sorry would be nice.

2. This bogan woman heads to a junior register with a trolley load of goods which easily amounted to over $100. Junior registers are accomodated for handbaskets.. but whatever.. She starts piling crap on the register and 1/4 of the way through her goods she goes, "Stop there! I've only got a $50 gift card".. I head over there as I was checking on the guy on registers to see if he needed a change order.. I was blocked by her 3/4 full trolley, she looks at me, and I ask "Is this [trolley] yours?".. and she responds by saying, "Thank you darling, you're such a good girl" then proceeds to push the trolley towards me.. and I'm just thinking *wtf* "You don't want these anymore?" and she says "No" and pushes it into my hands.. So I just stand there whilst I stare at her produce her gift card. It was green. So I told her the same thing how that is a Woolies gift card.. and she's like "Oh.. *rumages thru her pants* I just want a loaf of bread*..
Turns out she only had $2 in her pocket.. and I had to put a whole trolley full of dead stock away.. and it didnt help that we did a stocktake recently and had another two trolleys worth of loose-stock to put away..

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!! There's a huge green Woolworths written on the front of the card!

Oh, and another rant from tonight.
Also about fucking close signs. And rude people.
It was me and another girl on the registers tonight. We were in the kiosk so the register was like separated by the smokes and we could walk between the registers. I had to do a clearance and so I walked over to her register to send the cash up in front of her and so she could also sign my form..
So as I was standing right up next to her, I stuck my arm up the clearance chute to send the cash up.. the machine gave a beep to let me know it's going to suck soon, and I heard a loud rude "HEY" from behind. Some retard from Franklins was standing at my register with some jam when I wasn't even at the register. I turned around with my arm still up the chute and politely told him that "Sorry I'm just sending something up".. I was going to tell him I'll be there in 2secs but he cut me off and rudely said [not question], "Then why don't you have your close sign up". I had enough of his shit and rudely said, "Because unfortunately we don't use close signs anymore" and just watched him walk away to line up at the other girl's register whilst I slowly dawdled away to stand at my own register doing nothing.

/wall of text

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
mitch179 said:
Please don't come into a TARGET store with your Target Country Exchange Coupons and then get angry when I tell you that as the stores are on different systems, I can't accept the coupon. The supervisor will tell you the same thing.

Please don't tell me after I've pressed Total and I am now on the Tender Screen that something is not the price it's meant to be. I either have to Suspend the transaction and then justify why I did that, and get it fixed, or you have to pay for it and then go and get the difference refunded. Please tell me as I'm scanning other things, and then I can call the department and get them to confirm with me.

Don't come to me and ask for a refund, 1) I don't know how to do them properly and 2) I'm at a REGISTER, there is a big desk to your left with a big sign saying Customer Service. GO THERE!

If you pay in small change, sure... I'll accept it, even though I don't have to, but don't stand there with a sour look on your face while I count it to make sure you haven't tried to short me. I'm not a retard, and I know how the teenage mind works. After all, I'm one too. So I know that you might give me not enough in small enough change thinking I'll be too lazy to count it all. Guess what? I WILL!

Don't ask me stupid questions such as "Does it feel weird touching chick's underwear?" BITCH! I've been working here for over a year now, I think I'm pretty much used to it.

Don't get mad at me when I tell you that I don't keep the Bounty Bags under my register. As you can see, it's a small area, I don't have an endless supply under the counter. Go to customer service, they can tell you more.

Don't look down on me just because you're older than me and you think you're wiser. Odds are, you've never even worked in retail and you have JACK SHIT idea on what it's like.

Don't pay with your credit card, press OK and have the validation slip print out for you to sign, and THEN realise you have an Exchange Voucher and expect me to reverse it. You have swiped the card and pressed okay, which means you have entered into consideration of the contract you entered to by purchasing the items. (little something i learnt in Legal Studies :p)
When I tell you you'll have to go to Customer Service for a Tender Exchange don't ask "Why?" The answer is "I CAN'T REVERSE IT, IT'S TOO LATE" and don't try and tell me it's not because it hasn't been processed because IT HAS. Right when you pressed OK.

That's about 2 weeks worth of stuff right there.
Most of the customers I get are fairly nice, and I don't mind serving them. But then you get the occasional retard that just makes you ask yourself why you're still working there.. especially at the slave rates they're paying.
+1, Mitch.

Just because we work at Target doesn't mean we're high school dropouts. We're teenagers trying to make some money.

mitch179

HSC
gcchick said:
+1, Mitch.

Just because we work at Target doesn't mean we're high school dropouts. We're teenagers trying to make some money.
YEAH! Target 5198 and 5140 Represent!! :p

But yeah, we're not high school dropouts. I am actually fairly intelligent, and excel in Japanese, Accounting and Mathematics. I also do well in my other subjects English, Business and Legal Studies and I have no grades lower than a B.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
mitch179 said:
YEAH! Target 5198 and 5140 Represent!! :p

But yeah, we're not high school dropouts. I am actually fairly intelligent, and excel in Japanese, Accounting and Mathematics. I also do well in my other subjects English, Business and Legal Studies and I have no grades lower than a B.
srsly though, noone cares honey

orange.chocolat

Nerdfighter.. FTW
HSC
Remembered some more:
Please don't ask me to go out to the freezer in the back to search for the pie that you want and heat it up for you. I'm not gonna. There's already a large selection out. I know you want chicken and leek, and all me have is chicken and veg, but really, how can you expect me to heat up the oven for ONE pie?

If you want a roll, please specify. Don't just say "can i have a roll?" and expect me to know. And when I ask "what kind of roll?" don't say "a white one". If you hadn't already noticed, all but 2 are white. imagonnakillyou.

anddddd that's all i've got.

JJBearPaw

HSC
I'm most likely doubling up. But I want to whinge!

Maccas.

Drive Thru -

- If you dont go to the ordering bay first, I cant serve you. You HAVE to turn around and order first. Dont fight me on this, you're not going to win.
- Dont roll your eyes when I hand you the eftpos swipe thing. I have other shit to do. Is it really that hard?
- Dont ask me to go look in the storage for a specific toy. We dont have that toy. We have this toy. That's it.
- Dont talk shit about me when you're at the ordering bay. I actually can hear you through my headset, whether I'm talking to you or not.
- Dont order a $60 meal and then get pissy when I tell you to park for a couple of minutes.
- Don't cut in line and then plead with me that you just want a cheeseburger....and a coke....and a medium fries.
- Dont bitch at me when the frozen coke suddenly goes on defrost. I cant help that!
- Dont ask for a refund when we run out of chocolate powder to put on the froth of the cappucino's.

Front Counter -

- If you dont ask for a meal, it's your fault not mine. And then when I give you a free drink anyway because I'm nice, dont roll your eyes and act pissy because you had to wait for me to make that drink.
- Dont talk to me like you're better than me. I might be working here, but you're eating it.
- Dont order 6 different meals and then freak out when one burger is missing.
- Dont get angry when you're morbidly obese and you expect me to realise you wanted an upsize on every item of food.
- Dont beg me to find you a specific happy meal toy. Dude, we dont fucking have it in stock.
- DO NOT click at me to get my attention
- DO NOT whistle at me to get my attention
- DO NOT yell at me to get my attention
- Do not expect me to give you free sauce. Fuck off. It's 50c pay up.
- Dont ask for a McOz, bacon cheeseburger, Mc Africa, Mc Asia, pudding, brownie or any other shit that we do not sell anymore.
- Please dont ask me what's the healthiest option. None of it is fucking healthy.
- Dont order a white coffee and then freak out when it's filtered coffee with milk in it. If you want a flat white, order a flat white.
- No we're not a McCafe, does it look like we are??

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
JJBearPaw said:
I'm most likely doubling up. But I want to whinge!

Maccas.

Drive Thru -

- Dont ask for a refund when we run out of chocolate powder to put on the froth of the cappucino's.

Front Counter -

- Do not expect me to give you free sauce. Fuck off. It's 50c pay up.
if the choco powder is suppose to on the capuccino, then yes, i want a fken refund if there isn't. try and sell me a car without the paint and tell me it is no big deal.

and where in the menu does it say sauce costs 50c?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I usually got sauce for free. lol. Even if it wasn't, it's 20c isn't it?
50c for sauce is pretty expensive..

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
wuddie said:
if the choco powder is suppose to on the capuccino, then yes, i want a fken refund if there isn't. try and sell me a car without the paint and tell me it is no big deal.

and where in the menu does it say sauce costs 50c?
oh ffs you would be a nightmare customer

Scissors

HSC
i friggen love this thread. it always gives me a good laugh. some customers are just real stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)