Rules for Customers (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
rule for employer (david jones): STOP PLAYING CONSTANT XMAS MUSIC, ITS SO ANNOYING!!!

that cant be as bad as when the boss orders in these soft toys for valentines day that sing "stupid cupid" in a really girly, high pitched voice and dance when you press their hand....

and all day you have customers pressing them.. i swear to god i wanted to storm over there and whack them accross the head with those stupid toys. its even worse when you get little shit kids who press the hands of ALL those toys in one go..... *suppresses rage*

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I did this kind of work for a while at a bookstore. It is good for your arms, but not the best for your back :(
i had workplacement at terget roselands in the back dock... i couldnt move after that for a week :(
5hrs (with a 20 min break) of constantly lifting heavy boxes and stacking etc is pretty tiring hey (sometimes i do 9hrs, with a 45 min lunch break along with the other 20 min break)
I do it 5 days a week. It's bearable (for me at least).

that cant be as bad as when the boss orders in these soft toys for valentines day that sing "stupid cupid" in a really girly, high pitched voice and dance when you press their hand....

and all day you have customers pressing them.. i swear to god i wanted to storm over there and whack them accross the head with those stupid toys. its even worse when you get little shit kids who press the hands of ALL those toys in one go..... *suppresses rage*
lol, dont u work at a pharmacy? Just take some morphine to calm urself down, haha.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
zeromg, actually, you were hired to serve customers, and serving customers means following the mode of sale, and part of the mode of sale is asking for EDR cards, it's part of your job, you cant pick and choose which parts you want to do, and you would fail a mode of sale check and a mystery shopper for not asking.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, dont u work at a pharmacy? Just take some morphine to calm urself down, haha.

yeah i do.... how do u know that? :S
lol stalkerrrrrrrr

jokes haha

yeah but we dont just sell medicine. at xmas/easter/valentines we sell all sorts of gift-ish stuff to make a profit out of seasonal shoppers. we also sell makeup and perfume and yeah.... probs the only thing i LIKE about working in a chemist

if we get in more of those toys next valentines day, i think im going to have to call in sick until theyre all sold lol.

HSC
zeromg, actually, you were hired to serve customers, and serving customers means following the mode of sale, and part of the mode of sale is asking for EDR cards, it's part of your job, you cant pick and choose which parts you want to do, and you would fail a mode of sale check and a mystery shopper for not asking.
Mystery shopper is the biggest joke ever. I plan on asking my SM if, when at the service desk, I ACTUALLY have to walk them to whatever stupid aisle the customer is asking about.

My store fails mystery shopper pretty bad. No baskets, nightfillers who didnt know a whole lot, no EDR = terrible score.

spence

HSC
I didn't sign a contract with woolies that says I have to, hence I don't have the obligation to ask. And besides it's not like you actually read that little slip in front of you, most of the time I don't even "see" it because I just want to finish the transaction as fast as possible.
I hope you get fired. People like you make work so much harder than it has to be

Craven

HSC
Mystery shopper is the biggest joke ever. I plan on asking my SM if, when at the service desk, I ACTUALLY have to walk them to whatever stupid aisle the customer is asking about.

My store fails mystery shopper pretty bad. No baskets, nightfillers who didnt know a whole lot, no EDR = terrible score.
I usually do, unless I'm in the middle of something, then I will just tell them which aisle, which side, how far down, which shelf.. I pretty much know where most things are. If I don't know where it is exactly, I will go down and find it with the customer, that way I know for next time.

Fail customer: tried to scan their rewards card through the pinpad on self-serve. Even more fail, lady tried to insert her $50 note by swiping it through the pinpad.....

Honestly, I only ask for EDR cards when it's over $30. Because most of them time it takes them another 30 seconds to rifle through their wallet for the card and if it's not over $30 it's a waste of fucking time.

HSC
I usually do, unless I'm in the middle of something, then I will just tell them which aisle, which side, how far down, which shelf.. I pretty much know where most things are. If I don't know where it is exactly, I will go down and find it with the customer, that way I know for next time.

Fail customer: tried to scan their rewards card through the pinpad on self-serve. Even more fail, lady tried to insert her $50 note by swiping it through the pinpad.....

Honestly, I only ask for EDR cards when it's over $30. Because most of them time it takes them another 30 seconds to rifle through their wallet for the card and if it's not over $30 it's a waste of fucking time.
When I'm on the floor I will generally walk the customer down to the item. Just being the only person supervising on front end is a bit of a problem :haha:.

And I agree re EDR - thats what I do.

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
do those EDR cards only count if its over $30? So if you buy something for $10, scan it and then buy something for $20 the next day and scan your card it doesn't total up?

kate_is_me

so hot right now...
HSC
Well that's pretty pointless. Why even bother with them? Might as well get the voucher printed out.

HSC
1) I dont want to know your life story when I ask "Hi, how are you"
2) UNPACK YOUR BASKET
2a) PUT YOUR FKING BASKET ON THE FLOOR NOT LEAVE IT ON THE BELT OR DESK
3) When I ask for your Everyday Rewards card, do not say "No thanks" like I was offering you one, fuck sake.
4) Don't give me your FlyBys card kthx
5) Express means 15 items or LESS.
6) I'm standing there on the register looking at the roof bored, ofcourse I am fking open for god sakes! Would I be standing there if I was closed?
7) As soon as I finish your transaction, take your god damn bags out of my bagging area so I can put the next customers shit down, I will give you a very unimpressed look If you make me wait.
8) Stand close to the express desk when I am giving you the change, why make me lean over to give your your coins?
9) If you are on express, put your shit on the large bench right nex to me, not the small desk further away from me, why make me reach??

Woolworths has made me such a RAGED person!! grrr
OMG SAME. And I agree to all that.
I wish people wouldn't be so lazy and unpack their own baskets and swipe their own cards, and wouldn't be so stupid. I DON'T FUCKING TURN THE BELT OFF WHEN I AM FINISHED PUTTING YOUR GROCERIES THROUGH, SO DON'T ACT SURPRISED WHEN YOUR CARDS OR MONEY GO DOWN UNDER OR IN THE REGISTER. GROW A BRAIN!
Argh, sorry, I've dealt with so many stupid customers recently >.<

Sarebs

HSC
OMG SAME. And I agree to all that.
I wish people wouldn't be so lazy and unpack their own baskets and swipe their own cards, and wouldn't be so stupid. I DON'T FUCKING TURN THE BELT OFF WHEN I AM FINISHED PUTTING YOUR GROCERIES THROUGH, SO DON'T ACT SURPRISED WHEN YOUR CARDS OR MONEY GO DOWN UNDER OR IN THE REGISTER. GROW A BRAIN!
Argh, sorry, I've dealt with so many stupid customers recently >.<
Haha I used to think it was controlled by the employee, but I guess I believed that when I was only 10. Can't believe some people put their money on there, that's a bit rude too.

Craven

HSC
I guess it's more convenient than keeping track of dockets, plus you can link cards together so you can share fuel offers so if the wife does the shopping but the husband fills the car up they don't need to keep passing the card between them because they're linked. Can't share QFF points though and they only get awarded for values over $30 - so one transaction $31 - 1QFF point, $32 - 2QFF points.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well that's pretty pointless. Why even bother with them? Might as well get the voucher printed out.
EDR cards put you in the draw to win prizes (without spending $30).
If you spend $30, you get a fuel voucher.
For every dollar you spend OVER $30, you get 1 Qantas Frequenct Flyer point (so $99 dollars is 69 frequent flyer points

HSC
Its all bullshit really, quite irritates me, Also

Don't ask me if its to late to scan your Rewards card, when your EFTPOS just said accepted and then slowly put it back in your wallet and have that sulky look on your face!

God Woolworths has turned me into a person, who doesn't tolerate alot of peoples bullshit, before i used too now not so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)