Rules for Fat People (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L-esky

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
...no? where did you get that idea?
I was just trying to make a point. There may be people reading this thread who think they're overweight but aren't really and reading all these 'rules' may be making them wonder whether they'd be more accepted etc. if they were to be anorexic. I personally think it's terrible the way people diss overweight people but treat those who suffer from anorexia really nicely and won't say a word against them. Obesity and anorexia are BOTH eating disorders, just these days with so many people wishing they looked like celebrities, anorexia seems to be glorified while obesity is considered disgusting. I think that's totally out of whack and makes no sense to me.
I know some girls who seem to think it would be an achievement to be anorexic..I think they have serious issues and I tell them that on a regular basis.
I do agree that obese people should try and lose weight. But they shouldn't be doing it because they feel like if they don't people are going to look down their noses at them because they're 'unsightly' or something. And I also don't think they should do it because they think it'll make them look better. They should do it if they want to improve their health and fitness. That's just what I think though.
But I don't think going out of your way to make overweight people feel bad about themselves is the way to go. Ultimately, it's their choice whether they lose weight or not and they shouldn't be told that they're inconveniencing others with their weight etc.
That's my rant for today haha.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
quixote studios said:
10kg in 2 weeks during yr8 holidays. What did I do? Run. 8, 12kms a day, eating shit all.
Here's a tip: no sugar, no excess fat. The human body loves fat and sugar because of their high energy content; some leftover evolutionary response from when we had to kill our meals. Boil/steam vegetables, then salt them or some shit. It's not hard, just unpleasant. Yes people have problems; they're fucking unable to control themselves.

o, and u=FAT FATTY FAT FUCK
i don't believe you. you would have conked out on like the second day of a regime like that. there's no way you could keep up running distances like that on 'shit all' nutrition.

NinjaSauce

HSC
L-esky said:
I was just trying to make a point. There may be people reading this thread who think they're overweight but aren't really and reading all these 'rules' may be making them wonder whether they'd be more accepted etc. if they were to be anorexic. I personally think it's terrible the way people diss overweight people but treat those who suffer from anorexia really nicely and won't say a word against them. Obesity and anorexia are BOTH eating disorders, just these days with so many people wishing they looked like celebrities, anorexia seems to be glorified while obesity is considered disgusting. I think that's totally out of whack and makes no sense to me.
I know some girls who seem to think it would be an achievement to be anorexic..I think they have serious issues and I tell them that on a regular basis.
I do agree that obese people should try and lose weight. But they shouldn't be doing it because they feel like if they don't people are going to look down their noses at them because they're 'unsightly' or something. And I also don't think they should do it because they think it'll make them look better. They should do it if they want to improve their health and fitness. That's just what I think though.
But I don't think going out of your way to make overweight people feel bad about themselves is the way to go. Ultimately, it's their choice whether they lose weight or not and they shouldn't be told that they're inconveniencing others with their weight etc.
That's my rant for today haha.
First off...

L-esky said:
Obesity and Anorexia are both eating disorders.
No.

Anorexia is a eating disorder. Actually, wrong, it's not that, it is a symptom meaning 'decreased appetite'. But Anoexia Nervosa is not eating correctly due to fear of being overweight.

Obesity is not an eating disorder - it is a state of being. It describes your current level of fat, etc. It is not a description of your mental condition.

Anorexic nervosa sufferors deserve more treatment due to actually having a mental condition. Obese people (solely being obese), are just generally lazy.

L-esky said:
"I do agree that obese people should try and lose weight. But they shouldn't be doing it because they feel like if they don't people are going to look down their noses at them because they're 'unsightly' or something. And I also don't think they should do it because they think it'll make them look better.
And i love your idea that people shouldn't loose weight due to vanity. Vanity is a healthy, normal, human trait. (excessive vanity is a problem, true. But having zero care for ones appearance, physical or percieved, is an unhealthy condition).

L-esky said:
Ultimately, it's their choice whether they lose weight or not and they shouldn't be told that they're inconveniencing others with their weight etc.
What backwards thinking. Because it IS their choice if they are obese, that means they SHOULD be told if they are inconveniencing others. If is wasn't their fault, then yes, you can't rip on them - but that is not the situation.

Also, you just said that it was ultimately their decision. So is the a eating disorder (wrong) or not?

K

katie_tully

That's my rant for today haha
We have already defined 'fat' for this thread. Obese I believe is the word we used. So fat that theyre going to die prematurely anyway so they may as well make their time on this earth more pleasant for us.

Nobody treats people with anorexia really nicely. Anorexia is actually a psychological disorder masquarading as an eating disorder. Being morbidly obese just means you're lazy and useless. ;)

Please no more rants. They suck.

K

katie_tully

No-one wants to be fat. Talk to any fat person and they will ALL say they have tryed to lose it.
People have some problems. Its not easy to lose weight. You try fucking losing 10kg then come back to me.
See, unlike a lot of diseases, fatness is preventable. You can prevent yourself from becoming fat. It's called exercise and diet. Yes, they do choose to be fat if they choose to sit and eat shit.

I lost 15kg, it's pretty easy if you get off your arse and put the cheetos down.

HSC
If someone is over weight then they should get off their lazy son of a bitch arse and go for a run. full serious.

if you are so obese that you go for a 10 minute walk [for a healthy person] and it takes you 45 minutes, then there is something wrong; or if you walk every isle in a supermarket to do your weekly shopping and you lose your breath from that, then you are fat. obese even.

i know a girl, woman rather, who was so over weight that she had to walk up 10 steps to her house every day and she'd have to stop half way to take a break. one day when she got to the top she had a heart attack. thats fat.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Let's look at The Biggest Loser.

Lots of fat people, most of them have some reason for their problem. The cycle of poor self esteem and binge eating is a really common one.

But it doesn't mean shit. Every single person on that show loses loads of weight, just because they have an incentive to do it and because the trainers are riding their asses. That's it. The trainers spit on these fatties' excuses and it doesn't take long for them to realise that they've been killing themselves.

I think it's a fairly accurate cross-section of obese people in Australia. People who've just lost themselves at some point and turned into huge pathetic fatties.

It makes me happy to watch them lose weight and get their confidence back.

BTW it's "lose" weight, not "loose" weight. "Loose" means baggy.

Evilo

HSC
scarybunny said:
Let's look at The Biggest Loser.
I always have a laugh when i watch the ads for that show
"this is a chance of a lifetime" quote one of the contenstants

The chance of winning 1million dollars is a chance of a lifetime.
The opportunity to lose weight is still there and always has been.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
Well there is a grand prize of $200 000 so that can be seen as the "chance of a lifetime".

But in their cases, chance-to-lose-weight>prize-money.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
But in their cases, chance-to-lose-weight<prize-money.

*fixed.

As evilo said they have always had the opportunity to loose weight,
now they just have an added incentive of $200k to use at krispy kremes afterwards.

K

katie_tully

i wonder how many of them would do it if there was no cash incentive

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Lots of them seem to want to be in the house just because it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll lose weight. For most of them, improving their quality of life, living longer, self confidence etc seem to be the goal, rather than the cash.

Of course it could all be a front.

But yeah everyone has the opportunity to lose weight. Not in huge amounts like this, though. This is like a full body makeover show, where you have no other option but to become healthy. That's a chance of a lifetime, I think.

Evilo

HSC
katie_tully said:
I suspect alot less, cameras can bring fame.

How many people would do big brother if there were no cameras? (just a science experiment for U-Qld students)

scarybunny said:
Lots of them seem to want to be in the house just because it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll lose weight.
true, but i just think of right now, i mean, i want to bulk up my upper body so i 'should' be proactive about it. I wouldn't sign up for a free "build up camp" cos i know id get my ass kicked/or i'd cbf and drop out. But if there was a 200K incentive... well probably yeah i'd do it to the end.

shanti96

ya hasra and goodnight
HSC
katie_tully said:
fatty loses out said:
John, a 44-year-old father and soon-to-be-grandfather, suffers from hypertension (high blood pressure), and as a result has been excluded from competing for the cash incentive of $200,000.

Although winning the grand prize of $200,000 is no longer an option, John goal of trimming down, shedding 40kg and living a healthier life is still perfectly within his grasp.

Evilo

HSC
John goal of trimming down
yeah thats their goal since they became fat. Wait one year and see what he is like, he will be fat (unless the producers do a 1 year follow up special and pay him something extra) ;)

K

katie_tully

Whatever gays.
If these people were given the option of training in the house without the TV cameras or cash incentive, then I highly doubt there would be as many applicants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)