• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Russia 'goes to war' with Georgia (1 Viewer)

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
...No, it justs shows America can transport material to it's home turf. The "military aircraft" are cumbersome prop-driven transport planes which pose no military threat to the Russian forces whatsoever. If they were sending in warplanes, it'd be different. But they're not.

As for the aircraft carrier, it's not the point. Read a book on Russian or Soviet naval strategy if you want to understand why the Russians didn't build large aircraft carriers like the Americans. They are built for different purposes. You're essentially saying that Russia's Toyota ute can't compare to America's Ferrari. You'd be right in some regards, but if it was towing capability you were looking for you'd be wrong. It's simple. Russia never wanted to project it's power accross the seas, as all it's wars would be fought on it's borders, whereas America needs to fight wars overseas. Russia's aircraft carriers were geared towards supporting operations in the shallow and small Baltic and Black Seas, not the open ocean. Russia's naval strategy as a whole focussed around sinking the American supply and transport ships with submarines and long range bombers.

If you don't know what you're talking about, why bother?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
some of you are really obsessed with war.

tell us more about your father issues.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
mine's molesting children

MissSarajevo

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
...No, it justs shows America can transport material to it's home turf. The "military aircraft" are cumbersome prop-driven transport planes which pose no military threat to the Russian forces whatsoever. If they were sending in warplanes, it'd be different. But they're not.
Did we see Russian military aircraft delivering aid to Yugoslavia and Serbia ? I don;t think so. they were scared shitless as usual. Using Military planes shows America, can interfere there whether Russia like it or not and they will force open highways occupied by Russian troops.

As for the aircraft carrier, it's not the point. Read a book on Russian or Soviet naval strategy if you want to understand why the Russians didn't build large aircraft carriers like the Americans. They are built for different purposes. You're essentially saying that Russia's Toyota ute can't compare to America's Ferrari. You'd be right in some regards, but if it was towing capability you were looking for you'd be wrong. It's simple. Russia never wanted to project it's power accross the seas, as all it's wars would be fought on it's borders, whereas America needs to fight wars overseas. Russia's aircraft carriers were geared towards supporting operations in the shallow and small Baltic and Black Seas, not the open ocean. Russia's naval strategy as a whole focussed around sinking the American supply and transport ships with submarines and long range bombers.

If you don't know what you're talking about, why bother?
USSR planned to buid many Aircraft Carrier, space shuttle etc most of them rip off copy from America. They failed simply becuase they were and are too POOR!

When Russian submarine sunk off berring sea, they needed Norwegian help to reach the sunken submarine. When Russian submarine was entangled off Kamchatka Peninsula in the far east by underwater cable, they needed British underwater robot to help rescue Russian sailors. Thats how advanced russia is LOL!

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Did we see Russian military aircraft delivering aid to Yugoslavia and Serbia ? I don;t think so. they were scared shitless as usual. Using Military planes shows America, can interfere there whether Russia like it or not and they will force open highways occupied by Russian troops.
...no, we just saw them provide them with weapons and munitions. They're not forcing the Russians to do anything, if they decided to the Russians could sink those ships and swat the planes from the sky, it just doesn't want to risk a war over Georgia, just as America doesn't. Military planes or not, this isn't Russia being scared of America, it's actually, if anything, a show of mutual fear.

USSR planned to buid many Aircraft Carrier, space shuttle etc most of them rip off copy from America. They failed simply becuase they were and are too POOR!
The US and Russian space shuttle programs developed at the same time and there probably isn't much similarity internally. The Russian carriers, as I've explained, are entirely different in construction and purpose to the American's. And it's funny you say the Russian spaceshuttle failed when you look at America's recent shuttle history...

When Russian submarine sunk off berring sea, they needed Norwegian help to reach the sunken submarine. When Russian submarine was entangled off Kamchatka Peninsula in the far east by underwater cable, they needed British underwater robot to help rescue Russian sailors. Thats how advanced russia is LOL!
The Kursk. I've a book about it looking at me from my bookcase. What happened was the post Soviet budget cuts got to maintenance and a mistake made about thirty years ago over the fuel type in torpedoes came back to haunt them. The Americans made the same mistake earlier and after a similar incident changed the fuel. It just took much longer for the same thing to happen to the Russians, after which, they did change it. And all those submariners died because Russia wasn't prepared for such a reaction. The Russian's took so long to allow the West to help precisely because of the issues in relations.

mine's molesting children
I said interests, not vocations.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
...no, we just saw them provide them with weapons and munitions. They're not forcing the Russians to do anything, if they decided to the Russians could sink those ships and swat the planes from the sky, it just doesn't want to risk a war over Georgia, just as America doesn't. Military planes or not, this isn't Russia being scared of America, it's actually, if anything, a show of mutual fear.
But Russia will not dare to attack defenceless turbo prop american transport planes, because they are coward and are scared of America. We are yet to see Russian military planes, flying over Cuba or mexico near american border LOL! Where as Russia is completely encircled by countries allied to America.

The US and Russian space shuttle programs developed at the same time and there probably isn't much similarity internally. The Russian carriers, as I've explained, are entirely different in construction and purpose to the American's. And it's funny you say the Russian spaceshuttle failed when you look at America's recent shuttle history...
US Shuttles are still flying, where as Russian shuttles never left their factory. Most of them are seen, rotting in someone's backyard near Moscow. Their purpose of building Aircraft Carrier might be different, but they planned to build so many, and failed. Many of them are seen, rotting around Blacksea ports.

The Kursk. I've a book about it looking at me from my bookcase. What happened was the post Soviet budget cuts got to maintenance and a mistake made about thirty years ago over the fuel type in torpedoes came back to haunt them. The Americans made the same mistake earlier and after a similar incident changed the fuel. It just took much longer for the same thing to happen to the Russians, after which, they did change it. And all those submariners died because Russia wasn't prepared for such a reaction. The Russian's took so long to allow the West to help precisely because of the issues in relations.
Budget cuts,ha because they are POOR!

Russia is nothing more than a regional power, they just love being compared to USA, to get away from their daily lives of poverty, oppression and sufferings to boost their ego.

The west can engage Russia again in arms race and probably collapse Russia again if they wanted to. Chechnya, Dagestan and Ingushetia will be a good place to start.

HSC
Didnt anyone else play Ghost Recon? The Russians will take Tbilisi but the ghosts will escape and wage war behind russian lines before NATO and US regulars push the Russians back to Moscow and the ghosts will lead the assualt to defeat the ultra-national seperatist government in one final battle in the Red square.......:)

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
MissSarajevo said:
We are yet to see Russian military planes, flying over Cuba or mexico near american border LOL! Where as Russia is completely encircled by countries allied to America.
Im guessing you were in a vegetative state for most of 2007.

heaps of articles on those incidents..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1560490/Russia-resumes-Cold-War-bomber-flights.html

you should stay in the kitchen, and leave politics to the boys.
(sexism is more fun than racism:rofl: )

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
I'm going to have to agree. Sarajevo, you've not actually listened to anything said to you, you've just kept reiterating the same refuted points.

And the day China becomes a US ally I'll eat my hat.

MissSarajevo

HSC
HNAKXR said:
Im guessing you were in a vegetative state for most of 2007.

heaps of articles on those incidents..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1560490/Russia-resumes-Cold-War-bomber-flights.html

you should stay in the kitchen, and leave politics to the boys.
(sexism is more fun than racism:rofl: )
Britain is 5000 km from US and Guam is closer to Russia than US. Is it a threat to US that Russian planes are flying 5000 km away from USA LOL!

Admiral Nelson said:
I'm going to have to agree. Sarajevo, you've not actually listened to anything said to you, you've just kept reiterating the same refuted points.

And the day China becomes a US ally I'll eat my hat.
More like your glorious Russian Military is trashed time and time again. No one is scared of Russia, not even Georgia. Russia failed in achieving its aims and will NOT control caspian sea gas pipeline.

I saw a TV footage of Russian Soldiers looting shops in Gori, eating sweets and chocolate. Thats probably the first time they eat chocolate in their poor and miserable life!

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
Britain is 5000 km from US and Guam is closer to Russia than US. Is it a threat to US that Russian planes are flying 5000 km away from USA LOL!
...and what's Alaska? Chopped liver? It's part of the United States.

More like your glorious Russian Military is trashed time and time again. No one is scared of Russia, not even Georgia. Russia failed in achieving its aims and will NOT control caspian sea gas pipeline.
I'm not actually going to bother arguing anymore. I've refuted and retorted these arguments multiple times now. I've a limit.

I saw a TV footage of Russian Soldiers looting shops in Gori, eating sweets and chocolate. Thats probably the first time they eat chocolate in their poor and miserable life!
Russia's GDP per capita is actually more than triple that of Georgia's so you've really shot yourself in the foot there with that idiocy.

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
...and what's Alaska? Chopped liver? It's part of the United States.
The Article mentioned Russian sorties over Britain and Guam NOT Alaska. Read the article before making retarded comments.

I'm not actually going to bother arguing anymore. I've refuted and retorted these arguments multiple times now. I've a limit.

Russia's GDP per capita is actually more than triple that of Georgia's so you've really shot yourself in the foot there with that idiocy.
US GDP per capita is 5 times bigger than Russia and total GDP of US is 13 times bigger than Russia.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
MissSarajevo said:
The Article mentioned Russian sorties over Britain and Guam NOT Alaska. Read the article before making retarded comments.

US GDP per capita is 5 times bigger than Russia and total GDP of US is 13 times bigger than Russia.
US's GDP is 2440 times bigger than North Korea's and it still can't take it out. If Russia went to war with US, it'd take out the US any day.

MissSarajevo

HSC
Omnidragon said:
US's GDP is 2440 times bigger than North Korea's and it still can't take it out. If Russia went to war with US, it'd take out the US any day.
Because its better to see commie starve to death than wasting nuclear bombs on them. :rolleyes:

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
If you actually bothered to look up anything, you'll see that the Russians have forced the Americans and Canadians to scramble numerous times near Alaska. And no, I don't need to make retarded comments, you're making enough for the both of us.

As for GDP per capita, it's roughly three times. And you can't compare Russia's economy to that of the largest on earth. Russia's economy and standard of living is starting to grow at ever increasing rates. It's picking up pace. Though it'll never approach the US, but I've never suggested that Russia could compete with the US economically.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nominal GDP or purchasing power parity?

Australia's GDP is roughly equal to Russia's in terms of nominal GDP and about half Russia's in terms of PPP GDP.

America's GDP is 13 times Russia's in terms of nominal GDP and about 5 times larger in terms of PPP GDP.

In terms of nominal GDP per capita, America's is 5 times Russia's. In terms of PPP GDP per capita, America's is 3 times Russia's.

Last edited:

MissSarajevo

HSC
Admiral Nelson said:
If you actually bothered to look up anything, you'll see that the Russians have forced the Americans and Canadians to scramble numerous times near Alaska. And no, I don't need to make retarded comments, you're making enough for the both of us.
Alaska is right next to Russia , just 50 miles. Anything flying over that area is bound to catch the sharp and precise eyes of American Radar. Still, we dont see Russians patrolling the east coast of North America, nor the west coast of America, where as America patrol almost all seas of the world, including Black Sea, Berring Sea and baltic Sea, showing the military superiority of US over Russia.

As for GDP per capita, it's roughly three times. And you can't compare Russia's economy to that of the largest on earth. Russia's economy and standard of living is starting to grow at ever increasing rates. It's picking up pace. Though it'll never approach the US, but I've never suggested that Russia could compete with the US economically.
Russia cannot compare with US on anything, military, economy, science, technology or innovation.

Accept the fact that USA is superior to Russia in all respects, and will always be.

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC
Oh yes! Those Slavic untermensch!

I hope for the glorious day when the much vaunted Amerikaner Uebermenschen come and wipe the Slavic filth from the gene pool.

You've gone beyond bias, and have crossed into the realm of irrationality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)