Safe tanning? (1 Viewer)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
is there a way to tan safely?
also, does sunscreen prevent tanning because it blocks UV?

madharris

HSC
N/A
No sunscreen doesn't prevent tanning

At schoolies I put on sunscreen 3-4 times a day (no joke) and got a massive tan - I'm asian btw if that makes a difference.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
No sunscreen doesn't prevent tanning

At schoolies I put on sunscreen 3-4 times a day (no joke) and got a massive tan - I'm asian btw if that makes a difference.
Oh serious. How do you prevent tanning then :(

starshine02

HSC
No. If you want a tan then maybe try those fake ones you can spray on.

Wear a hat or clothes that cover your skin if you don't want to tan. Sunscreen can help prevent tans but only a bit I think.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Wearing clothes, sunnnies, hat, stay in the shade?

But yeah, out of all my friends I'm pretty sure I got the most tanned (we all used the same amount of sunscreen more or less). So i guess it all depends on your skin.

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Spray tans r pretty much the only 'safe' tanning option. But it looks like shit, speaking from personal experience. You end up looking like an oopmpa loompa :(

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
depends on your skin type moit!

some people can stay in the sun all day and not even get burnt and never get bad skin cancers. others are unlucky and burn badly from being in the sun for a short time.
Use sun tan oil (spf 30+) and spend about an hour or two in the sun. One doctor i spoke to said that you should spend at least 4 hours in the sun each week with no sunscreen on because the sunscreens block the healthy uvb (correct me if im wrong) rays inhibting the bodys ability to synthesise vitamin d and a deficiency in this can cause cancer. not sure if true or not

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
well vitamin D deficiency causes bone probs (rickets, arthritis etc) but idk about cancer bro

just be #yolo and tan in the sun
or

I was taking melanotan injections for a while ("tanning injections") that increase the amount of melanin in your skin (i.e. why black people are black) and make you tan like crazy in the sun. i was in the sun maaaaaybe 30 minutes a day with sunscreen on and i was mega tan. people go on about how bad it is !!1!1!1!!!1 but i never ever experienced side effects except a slightly suppressed appetite (as if that's a bad thing) and more freckles on my face but i kind of started to like them. anyway yeah, i guess if you're ok with injecting just under your skin that isn't so bad because like 30 minutes a day like... go for a walk in singlets and shorts and bam.

or
you could get a good spray tan. you won't go oompa loompa if when the girl asks you 'light, medium or dark' you are not stupid and get medium or dark always go light. duh.

nifkeh

HSC
-fake tan, DIY ones you can buy from pharmacy or target or go to the spray tan and pay for it. apparently St Tropez fake tan (diy) is good but I'm never going to try it cuz I'm not going for a tan lol

it's mainly to stop you from being burnt, but it also depends on your skin and how fair and sensitive it is. I tan easily and can burn after like sitting a day under the sun, but with sunscreen I never get burnt or tan at all, I still look the same as if I never went out of the house. I'm kind of light skinned (asian). I had an ex, when he came to australia, he's nordic so has really pale skintone and is sensitive to sun. even though he put sunscreen on he got like a major arm tan but he didn't get sunburnt when he was in queensland, however back in his country the sun is really weak and so it's impossible for him to get burnt there though have a really really light tan at most

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)