Votes: 35 27.8%
  • Have no strong opinion

Votes: 17 13.5%

• Total voters

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
okay... you people asked for it... also done a lil research to help me n this is what i think.

1. almost everyone agrees that homosexuality is immoral

2. homosexaulity activity is a capital offence in the bible

3.marriage has always been between one man n one woman

4.children should be raised by their biological parents if possible

5. homosexual couples who conceieve a child are not doing it on their own .. they are tampering with nature.

6.hatred towards homosexuals would spread to the child

7.children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to become homosexual themselves

8.children are more likely to have a low self-esteem

9.children are more likely to experience behavioural and social maladjustment

10. children are more likely to be teased or bullied

11. their gender development can be affected

12. and according to some research, children from homosexual couples percieve themselves as less intellectually and physically competent
okay, I am a glutton for fucking punishment, but...

1. what do you mean, 'almost everyone agrees'? where did you get this from? and by 'almost everybody' did you mean christian fundamentalists, joe blow in the street, john howard, who? if you got this from a statistic, can you please point me in that direction?

2. it is not a capital offense, there are no 'capital offenses' in the the bible in terms of australian law, as it is not a legal document. in theory, our laws are secular. so this is irrelevant. thanks.

3. can you show me some proof of this thanks? also what about polygamy, that's between many men and many women, does this count in your little "it's always been this way!" parade?

4. again, can you give a particular reason for this? you've made your argument, now show us some sources that back it up.

5. so are infertile couples who use alternative means. how is this relevant?

6. and once again... sweeping statement with nothing to back it up. please, show me your sources which you have used to determine that this would occur. also, i hope you realise that is IS possible for a child to get over being teased in school.

7. ooh, i must sound like a broken record, but please, GIVE ME SOME SOURCES. if you are indeed correct (that homosexuality breeds homosexuality), then why are there homosexuals in the first place, given that marriage has aaaalways been between a man and a woman and surely if homosexuality breeds itself, then so does hetereosexuality?

8. oh please, children are more likely to have low self esteem for lots of reasons. do you know how many children are overweight these days? do you think they feel good about themselves? what about abused children? you cannot possible say that this is a (potential) problem linked only to being raised by two homosexuals. and really, what would make you feel better about yourself in general? a father and mother who neglect and abuse you... or two mothers/two fathers who love you unconditionally and do their best to make your life happy?

9. hmm again i'm going to have to ask you for some kind of source, some proof that you actually researched that rather than pulling it out of your ass.

10. link back to number 6, you made essentially the same point

11. can i see some proof of this?

12. well you mentioned research here, which is good. can you link me to it or give me the name of the book / magazine you got it from? thanks.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
okay... you people asked for it... also done a lil research to help me n this is what i think.

1. almost everyone agrees that homosexuality is immoral

2. homosexaulity activity is a capital offence in the bible

3.marriage has always been between one man n one woman

4.children should be raised by their biological parents if possible

5. homosexual couples who conceieve a child are not doing it on their own .. they are tampering with nature.

6.hatred towards homosexuals would spread to the child

7.children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to become homosexual themselves

8.children are more likely to have a low self-esteem

9.children are more likely to experience behavioural and social maladjustment

10. children are more likely to be teased or bullied

11. their gender development can be affected

12. and according to some research, children from homosexual couples percieve themselves as less intellectually and physically competent
i know glyc has done this, but i couldn't help myself.

1. including you?

2. so is wearing glasses to help your eyesight

3. and women have always supposed 'to love and obey'

4. then why isn't adoption illegal?

5. don't go to a doctor ever again. you are tampering with nature

6. you mean from almost everyone?

7. and we wouldn't want that, otherwise almost everyone would hate them

8. yeah, it must suck to be hated by almost everyone

9. well that's obviously because their immoral parents are unable to teach them the rules of society, starting with the most important rule 'don't be gay'

10. at least they will take targets away from the obese, the asians and the obese asians

11. aparently they turn out all 'fruity'

12. could that be to do with almost everyone treating them as immoral people?

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
some of these were according to research n others were religious points of view.. i'll try find the webpages for u :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Religious points of view are always great.

So because the bible says it's wrong it is wrong?

4. Is great. I mean we all expect homosexual couple who want children to abduct them don't we.

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm with what glycerine says because she sums up my main questions as well.

I think we really should end this before it turns more nasty than it's already gotten.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
some of these were according to research n others were religious points of view.. i'll try find the webpages for u :)
Ok, so religious points of view are automatically factual. Possibly, if you belong to that religion, but for the rest of us, we have only your "research" to go on. Please, give us some facts, figures, and references. Thats research.
And if you are only using webpages..... you should be shot! Typing "are homosexuals bad +proof" into Google does not count as research.

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
oh crap on... i said there was one religious website that i went to..

cant find the pages.. i can find the religious one coz i managed to write it down coz i thought u mights say.. 'give me some FUCKING EVIDENCE' n u all did.. but too late.. i missed the other page n i spent ages trying to find it but oh well.. i give up..

n i also give up with this argument.. i shared my opinions.. but everyones opinion will be different... but if it makes u happy then u win coz i cant find the pages...

but i'll leave u with one question....

u ask me to back up my opinions/arguments with some facts... well what happened to the rest of u??.. i dont see any facts happening here

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I think I speak for everyone when I say BULLSHIT!!!!

Check your internet history.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Oh. My. Fucking. God.
i seriously am speechless ska. really. i honestly didn't think you were stupid (and i guess i still don't), but fuck me dead you are naive.

why don't you learn to get your own opinion? who cares if the bible says this and that..as mentioned before, the bible also says a lot of things like women with rags can't set foot in church, as with disabled people. do you believe that because the bible says its true?

the other point which completely shook me off my chair is "
7.children raised by homosexual parents are more likely to become homosexual themselves" oh dear. there is absolutely no proof for this. and even if this is true- so what? who cares. all adolescents go through a period of finding out about their sexuality.

ska, it's fine that you have these opinions. you're perfectly entitled to them. and i guess i'm only really offended because i'm not heterosexual. but you can't pass these opinions and hypothesis off as facts.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
hmmmm.. keep it PEACEFUL

i just dont understand how you can research and sum up these to say these are your points. meh..
homosexuals are beings and they are entitled to every human rights possible. i say if they want it then go ahead. :)

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by SKA
u ask me to back up my opinions/arguments with some facts... well what happened to the rest of u??.. i dont see any facts happening here
we aren't actually making any assumptions on the way homosexuals would raise children. we are saying we should let them have the same chance as other people. if you can come up with some actual proof that children raised by homosexuals are significantly worse of than all other children, then sure, i would agree with you. but you have only made up 'facts' based open your own hatred for gays, and when asked to back these up you have suddenly forgetten where your sources came from. not good enough

~GrOoVy~

*cough* hahahhaa *cough*
HSC
i don't really care if homo's get the rights to marriage..but one thing that bothers me about them is the fact they make wacky parade and all these crazy events to show that they are gay.. so good on them for being gay..no one really cares. its not like we straight peeps go around and make silly events to show who we are....

..yeah thats all i wanted to say :D:D:D:D:D

Iunny

Originally posted by johnson

why don't you learn to get your own opinion? who cares if the bible says this and that..as mentioned before, the bible also says a lot of things like women with rags can't set foot in church, as with disabled people. do you believe that because the bible says its true?
lol, the reason people believe in a particular religion is because they actually agree with what it says and believes, so you can't really "learn to get your own opinion" that differs totally from your religion.

BTW, some bits, that was said in the Old Testament was twisted by the teachers of the Law (I'm not too sure, someone will have to clarify about this though), and Jesus came to right the wrong, so disabled ppl can set foot in the church.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Originally posted by ~GrOoVy~
i don't really care if homo's get the rights to marriage..but one thing that bothers me about them is the fact they make wacky parade and all these crazy events to show that they are gay.. so good on them for being gay..no one really cares. its not like we straight peeps go around and make silly events to show who we are....

..yeah thats all i wanted to say :D:D:D:D:D
yeah, and those damn war veterans do it as well. seriously, no one cares if you fought in a war. i mean, good on you and all for surviving and that crap, but it's not like anyone wants to hear about it anymore

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)