• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Save sex? (1 Viewer)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
BradCube, I think a new thread should be started.

Are you willing to debate this, including a debate about whether absolute morality can even exist? because to me, a few too many concessions have been made.

BradCube

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
You said that a person is only a soul/entity, their action's mean nothing. So are you saying only to God does a person's actions form a part of their being? I don't quite understand why someone's actions are a part of their being for God, but not for you - Either someone's actions are a part of them - or they're not.
I don't think I am doing service to your question but I will try and explain anyway.

Whilst God will judge the actions of people, I do not believe that this reflects on his love for them. It is because he is just that he must judge accordingly.

In the same way, while I see the child rapists' actions as sinful and wrong I do not have any less love for them. Especially since I am just as guilty as they are.

So while God may have created a soul/entity he gave it choice and judges it's choices accordingly. This does not affect how much he loves the creation though. To use the same example again, while a parent may smack their child to punish them for something that was wrong, they do not have any less love for that child.

Yeah, a new thread sounds good. I've had it for about tonight though (and this is the second time I've had to write this post out, lol).

I was worried that we were going off-topic. Anyhow I will apologise in advance, since I may not be able to post as much tomorrow because I have a heap of homework to get through before the term goes back.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Not-That=Bright said:
UIC, absolute morality usually means that there is a perfect, moral answer to every question. I believe there are some moral stances that seem to just work perfectly here on earth and if we ever found other sentient life would probably work perfectly for them, just as with genes on earth we have examples of mutations that were very close to perfect, so they appear over and over again. But yea, don't confuse believing strongly in some morals, thinking they have a strong basis, with absolute morality.
I may have confused the two as I wrote it out. But when I clearly think about it, well of course I know the difference, but at the time of the post, internally I hadn't made a true opinion of it. But gathering all my ideas about the world as of now, yes, I do not believe there is absolute morality.

The post makes sense to me, more as an expression of what I understand and why there is no absolute morality, rather than a true rebuttal of BradCube's post. The only thing I may have caused confusion is when I wrote "I don't entirely disagree" etc, in which, is just a sign of my internal uncertainty about the subject. Everything else seems to push for the non-existence of absolute morality.

Last edited:

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i saw do it for the experience!
if he's moving to a different country, then you're obviously not gonna be together forever?

but then again, even though im orthodox im not as religious as you..

if you want to save it until marriage.. then i suggest you do just that hun!

blu biu

HSC
If you're a firm believer in your religion, then you should think about what your religion says about the whole idea.

But i believe it's really up to YOU.
Are you ready?
What would you feel about it afterwards?
Why are you doing it in the first place? (for love?acceptance?so that he wont break up with you? - make sure that its because YOU want it. not because you are pressured or feel that you are obligated to do so)
Are you going to spend the rest of your life with him/her? (this is irrelevant if you dont really care ;P)
Are you aware of the consequences?
Is it socially acceptable in your community? religion? family? friends? (but really if you want it .. stuff what other people think)

Think of the pros and cons :) i hope you make the right decision.. whatever that may be :)

teaspoooon

HSC
fijitalia said:
The whole save sex concept is really worrying me. I'm a christian, but have been going out with my boyfriend for over a year and have not lost my virginity to him. I'm in love with him so much, and yeh, wouldnt think twice about spending my life with him, which is where i stand:
I'm prepared to lose it to someone who i know i would spend the rest of my life with anyway.
but he's moving to another country next year.. what if we do, and then he goes for a year and it all disapears?

so where do you all stand on saving sex for mariage or giving it up for someone you do (or dont) love
Remember that every body is differnet, all of my girlfriends started having sex at the age of 14, i was always the one to say "I want to wait till im atleast 16, and i want to lose it to my boyfriend, aslong as we had been going out for more than 3months" Well that didn't happen, except the part of me wanting to wait untill i was 16. I started going out with my ex in Jan this yr 2weeks later we had sex together, and 3months later we broke up and i dont regret a thing about it.

frazzle777

HSC
It is best to save yourself until after marriage and by doing so you will not be going against your conscience. Search the scriptures and pray for guidance that the Lord may show you what is right.

As some people have pointed out that it will be alright because we are under grace now and are free from sin, the bible has different advice. Romans 6:1-2 says "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live and longer therein?" shows that just because Jesus has provided a means to cleanse us from our sin, that we should not just go out to fulfill our lusts and commit sin. Whatever we do, we need to live a life for Christ which is central to the christian faith.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
to me it just sounds like some guy asking a legitimate question. For all we know he was given a very good reply such as " it is human nature to sin my friend, and thou shalt not feel bad about doing what is wrong, yet expected" and it just wasnt written in the bible

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
frazzle777 said:
It is best to save yourself until after marriage and by doing so you will not be going against your conscience. Search the scriptures and pray for guidance that the Lord may show you what is right.

As some people have pointed out that it will be alright because we are under grace now and are free from sin, the bible has different advice. Romans 6:1-2 says "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live and longer therein?" shows that just because Jesus has provided a means to cleanse us from our sin, that we should not just go out to fulfill our lusts and commit sin. Whatever we do, we need to live a life for Christ which is central to the christian faith.
i hate to say this, but how do you know what's "best" for everyone? how is having sex before marriage going "against your conscience"?
the bible also says that you shouldnt wear a cloth made of two fabrics, is that immoral?

honestly you honky tonk Bible bashers make me realise, every time you say something this stupid, why i dont belong to a church. because you think you know everything. check the Bible on that one, it says you dont.

BradCube

HSC
azzie said:
i hate to say this, but how do you know what's "best" for everyone? how is having sex before marriage going "against your conscience"?
the bible also says that you shouldnt wear a cloth made of two fabrics, is that immoral?

honestly you honky tonk Bible bashers make me realise, every time you say something this stupid, why i dont belong to a church. because you think you know everything. check the Bible on that one, it says you dont.
He was not saying what was best for everyone, but what was best for the threadstarter who stated that she was a christian.

Your example of wearing clothe made of two fabrics being immoral, is not accurate since it is based on old testament covenant rather then the new covenant that Jesus established.

Last edited:

miss random

HSC
You have to decide what is more important to you, having sex with him or your beliefs about saving intercourse for the sanctity of marriage. It's hard to say you could see yourself with him for the rest of your life for two reasons, one your young, two alot can happen in a year.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
i dont know if sex is a big a thing as some people are making it out to be. if you're honest, if you dont cheat and lie, i believe thats what the Bible says. dont sleep around and that kinda thing. i have so many christian friends who were preaching the "no sex before marriage" thing until they got into a relationship where they finally had someone they really liked, and then they either slept with the guy or did something "naughty" that they said they'd never do.

personally, i think you should go through a few relationships before you have sex, to understand what kinda guys there are out there, what kinda person you are, and who you want to be with. sex is something really personal that everyone should take a while to think about on their own terms.

Namlet

The Yellow Pirate!
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
double sided dildo

oooooooohhhhyyyyeeaaaahhhh
Hahahahaha, sounds kinky.

Six simple words:

I'm not gay but i'll learn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)