My results:

English: 95
Maths: 77
Science: 93
Geography: 93
History: 92
Computing: 89

and that is why I'm not doing maths next year hehe

I am very happy with my English results, I suck at multiple choice and creative writing, so I am very very stoked!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

yalando

HSC
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

Paradox1345 said:
Hey to all those who got band 6s. How have your parents reacted?

I got 89, 92, 96, 95, 93, 95. My lowest two marks being for English and maths respectively. I topped english again this year.

But despite all this, when my parents read my results, their response was that my 89 for english meant that my foundations for english was poor. They kept saying how I had not grasped the foundations of english properly and needed serious improvements. Hm... not one encouraging comment yet, they're just disappointed with English and maths.

So anyone else in the same boat?
Douche Parents. I'd tell em where to stick it.

HSC

i have n't got mine back yet but this is what i want to get:

maths: at least 98
science: 97+
english: at least 90
geo: 95+
history: 95+
computers: 95+

my parents seem to think im dumb cause i go to a public school so i really want these grades to prove em wrong.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

digimonstudent said:
i have n't got mine back yet but this is what i want to get:

maths: at least 98
science: 97+
english: at least 90
geo: 95+
history: 95+
computers: 95+

my parents seem to think im dumb cause i go to a public school so i really want these grades to prove em wrong.
setting the bar pretty high eh? you sure your parents wouldn't be impressed if you got 90s for everything anyway? i know my parents would be very pleased..

blackratpoo

HSC

im sure your parents dont think your dumb......they are really high expectations.....people that were expecting 95+ in english have been getting low 80's so im worried about english

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

superelizabeth said:
ahhaha how surprising Anne. our whole group was expecting a 100 for computing from you, since you topped IST. haha ..............no offence btw.
I wish >O Hmmm, it's surprising that there hasn't been anyone with 100 yet, it wasn't very hard o_o;

victoria10

HSC

Paradox1345 said:

I got 89, 92, 96, 95, 93, 95. My lowest two marks being for English and maths respectively. I topped english again this year.

But despite all this, when my parents read my results, their response was that my 89 for english meant that my foundations for english was poor. They kept saying how I had not grasped the foundations of english properly and needed serious improvements. Hm... not one encouraging comment yet, they're just disappointed with English and maths.

are you serious?
they are so much better then the marks that i got.
i got 85 for english which was my highest mark. other then that i got two band 3's and 2 band 4's

you guys to have very high expectation of yourself. you should be happy with the marks that you guys are getting.
do your parents expect amazing marks from you all? cause those to me are amazing.

they don't mean too much, because your going onto year 12 anyway

speedofsound

HSC

Yeah, I must agree that some of the expectations you guys have are kind of ridiculous. You're all smart enough to reach them, no doubt, but don't set yourself up for disappointment. Although, the majority of the time you have no reason to be disappointed because the marks are fabulous.

Laryxle

HSC

I'm also a bit surprised at some parents reactions. Maybe it's a cultural thing for asian parents? I'm aussie and my parents didn't care what I got, I band 3 would have been good to them.

I don't have high expectations, but I seem to achieve highly without putting much effort in. I know that i'm gifted though so I guess thats why. I didn't study at all for the sc, I only got back from overseas just before the first exams.

partyanimal

HSC

I know this is not related, but I'm sooo pissed off at my shitty school :pain:

Their definition of DUX of Yr 10 according to my year advisor is:

The person with the most OUTSTANDING's in their report

NOT the one who has the highest average mark per subject (dat would be me)

NOT the one with the highest average mark in the SC (dat would be me)

and just to let you know, the teachers in my school give OUTSTANDINGS to those who they like (or stalk, or want to make love)

E.g. a person who topped engineering elective in our grade got SATISFACTORY in her report, i got SATISFACTORY in textiles cause my teacher hates me even though i score high marks

Isn't that unfair@!!! :mad:

S***w my school! :angry: :angry:

blackratpoo

HSC

that is really unfair.........and the term DUX is in direct relation to your actual mark.

our school doesnt have a dux or anything like that.

i feel for ya...........and i hate it when teachers say they are equal to every1 and they clearly arnt......even the ones that scream at everyone to shut up and then have a convo to the same people on what there doin on the weekend while every1 copies out notes.......grrrrrrrr

Air Jordan

HSC

camomile.tea said:
Test results:
English - 91 (lol, barely over the line for band 6!)
Mathematics - 95
Science - 96
Geography - 98
History - 96
Computing skills - 96

My parents don't realise the SC isn't important, so I'll use it for bargaining with them :)

The tests were dodgy. Some people I know who didn't perform as well as they'd expected, I think would totally kick ass next year. As for me, I'm scared as hell!
Woah!! Those are some kick ass marks. GJ

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

superelizabeth said:
hahaha I RECKON!!@@ If my parents sees the computing skills test paper, they are going to CHOP ME INTO PIECES, and then fry me alive since i didn't get full marks. =/
You serious? o_O

camomile.tea

HSC

Air Jordan said:
Woah!! Those are some kick ass marks. GJ
Thanks. I'm quite envious of some of your marks!

partyanimal said:
I know this is not related, but I'm sooo pissed off at my shitty school :pain:

Their definition of DUX of Yr 10 according to my year advisor is:

The person with the most OUTSTANDING's in their report

NOT the one who has the highest average mark per subject (dat would be me)

NOT the one with the highest average mark in the SC (dat would be me)

and just to let you know, the teachers in my school give OUTSTANDINGS to those who they like (or stalk, or want to make love)

E.g. a person who topped engineering elective in our grade got SATISFACTORY in her report, i got SATISFACTORY in textiles cause my teacher hates me even though i score high marks

Isn't that unfair@!!! :mad:

S***w my school! :angry: :angry:
Wow, why do they do this? It seems quite unfair and the system is open to manipulation. Perhaps someone she bring up the issue with the school...

My school's equivalent to a dux award in year 10 is determined by exam results. At least the person who got it truly deserved it.

victoria10

HSC

i think everyone has to relax. my highest mark was 85 for english and lowst was 67 for maths and history. i dont really care.

all my mum and dad cared about is that i am happy with my marks and that they have improved. you dont wanna look at my yearly marks on my report cause i didnt even try but yeah.

my comments were good thats the main thing.

and i got the year 10 leadership award so i was pretty proud of myself, a plaque for 300 green cards in 4 years :)

at my school we dont have a dux for year 10 only year 12. we have the most outstanding student but we all new who that was gunna because she is the smartest person in our grade. she has got that award every award ceremony we have ever had. and she deserves it.

Last edited:

Cardea

HSC

Paradox1345 said:

Paradox, yet again, I'm practically in the same boat as you. My parents reacted quite like that.. I'm actually kind of pissed off about it. Even when I topped the grade in 5 subjects for my school report which we got back with the SC results yesterday, they just commented that my PE result wasn't so great and that I was being lazy.

I felt like hurling an object across the room. PE?! Honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)