SC Results Thread (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

Cardea said:
Paradox, yet again, I'm practically in the same boat as you. My parents reacted quite like that.. I'm actually kind of pissed off about it. Even when I topped the grade in 5 subjects for my school report which we got back with the SC results yesterday, they just commented that my PE result wasn't so great and that I was being lazy.

I felt like hurling an object across the room. PE?! Honestly.
I feel for you, i really hope my parents' reactions aren't the same.Tbh, i don't know what i'd do if they got angry at me for marks that i felt are great and are good.. guess i'd have to pull out the :jedi:

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

Cardea said:
Paradox, yet again, I'm practically in the same boat as you. My parents reacted quite like that.. I'm actually kind of pissed off about it. Even when I topped the grade in 5 subjects for my school report which we got back with the SC results yesterday, they just commented that my PE result wasn't so great and that I was being lazy.

I felt like hurling an object across the room. PE?! Honestly.
Lol we have so much in common. I feel your pain. What I'm really dissapointed at is that i tried really had this time for SC but unfortunately could only get bank average of 93. Even when I top my subjects, it seems all my achievements are bomabarded with criticism. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for constructive criticism and I believe there is always room for improvements, but it's just that positive encouragement is just so hard to get from parents. LOL here I am going on about myself, anyways hope u guys are getting better feedback from your parents.

Cardea

HSC

Paradox1345 said:
Lol we have so much in common. I feel your pain. What I'm really dissapointed at is that i tried really had this time for SC but unfortunately could only get bank average of 93. Even when I top my subjects, it seems all my achievements are bomabarded with criticism. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for constructive criticism and I believe there is always room for improvements, but it's just that positive encouragement is just so hard to get from parents. LOL here I am going on about myself, anyways hope u guys are getting better feedback from your parents.
Lol, yeah.. it's kind of sad to have this in common though. No one should have to go through it. I felt I worked my butt off for the SC too (yeah yeah, I know it's laughable being only the SC and all). I'm not so much bombarded with criticism, more so.. nothing. I don't really get anything. It's not like I'm asking for anything big, it's just rather nice to know that your parents are proud of you. When I asked them last night whether they were proud of me after they handed me back my report with no comment, they just responded with "Now isn't really important. Wait until you're in year 12." Excuse me, but what does it matter what grade I'm in? Shouldn't parents just be proud of your achievements regardless of what year you're in? My teachers have been better about it.

I'm with you about room for improvement. I agree, it's important and all, but still.. anyway, here I am rambling on about myself too! And yeah hope you guys are also getting better feedback.

speedofsound

HSC

Some of the behaviour from your parents' are really quite... inane. :S I know there's not much the lot of us can say to help, but really, as hard as it is, you can't let it bring you down too much. You've got to be proud of yourself, you've all done very well.

TBK11

HSC

superelizabeth said:
hahaha I RECKON!!@@ If my parents sees the computing skills test paper, they are going to CHOP ME INTO PIECES, and then fry me alive since i didn't get full marks. =/
LOL considering your aim for a UAI of 99.95 i assume, so basically getting a 99 in computers is a fail? ouch

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

superelizabeth said:
lol although my course only requires 99.95, i'm aiming for 100. and i didn't score a 99 in computers, i scored 98!!!!!!!which explains why i have no reason to procrastinate this holiday. =/
ughhhhh.... ^_^"

still nothing in the mail box for me, should be there tomorrow..

:spam::spam::spam::spam::spam:

speedofsound

HSC

Like many others, I get my results tomorrow. I'm not expecting anything brilliant. :p

HSC

partyanimal said:
I know this is not related, but I'm sooo pissed off at my shitty school :pain:

Their definition of DUX of Yr 10 according to my year advisor is:

The person with the most OUTSTANDING's in their report

NOT the one who has the highest average mark per subject (dat would be me)

NOT the one with the highest average mark in the SC (dat would be me)

and just to let you know, the teachers in my school give OUTSTANDINGS to those who they like (or stalk, or want to make love)

E.g. a person who topped engineering elective in our grade got SATISFACTORY in her report, i got SATISFACTORY in textiles cause my teacher hates me even though i score high marks

Isn't that unfair@!!! :mad:

S***w my school! :angry: :angry:

is that how they determine the dux in ur school? in my school the dux is the person who tops the most subjects except in yr 12. in yr 12 the dux is the guy with the highest uai. i've been the dux ever since i came to my school. trust me it aint all great. true u do get fame but all the jelous kids keep annoying u. whenever they beat u in a test they run around boasting I BEAT THE DUX! they act like they won they have conquered the world or something. n then every1 comes up to me n starts going around saying: "hah ha he beat u he beat u!" im only human i cant top every test in my school. i tend to ignore these smart asses but ssometimes they get so annoying i just throw a couple of punches at them to shut em up! that always works n makes me feel better!

Miss Sunshine

HSC
N/A

gosh! they are so mean! i guess it's really different at an all boys school but the worst thing i've come across is my friends calling me 'freak' cos i'm smart but i've gotten used to it and they say it in a light-hearted way so I just take it as a compliment :D At my school all the girls just support each other :)

aimhigh10

HSC

i just wanted to say
WELL DONE everyone!

pretty impressive results :)

HSC

Miss Sunshine said:
gosh! they are so mean! i guess it's really different at an all boys school but the worst thing i've come across is my friends calling me 'freak' cos i'm smart but i've gotten used to it and they say it in a light-hearted way so I just take it as a compliment :D At my school all the girls just support each other :)
actually my school is a boy n girl school but its usually only the boys who tend to be smart asses.

Cardea

HSC

digimonstudent said:
is that how they determine the dux in ur school? in my school the dux is the person who tops the most subjects except in yr 12. in yr 12 the dux is the guy with the highest uai. i've been the dux ever since i came to my school. trust me it aint all great. true u do get fame but all the jelous kids keep annoying u. whenever they beat u in a test they run around boasting I BEAT THE DUX! they act like they won they have conquered the world or something. n then every1 comes up to me n starts going around saying: "hah ha he beat u he beat u!" im only human i cant top every test in my school. i tend to ignore these smart asses but ssometimes they get so annoying i just throw a couple of punches at them to shut em up! that always works n makes me feel better!
I know how you feel. We don't have a dux for every year though..
It really annoys me when people boast after they've kicked me in a test. I don't really mind them beating me, I mean, it's not as if I'm invincible. It's just that, yeah, they do tend to act as if they've conquered the world. There's also the pressure and expectations.. it sometimes really does my head in. It's probably responsible for how overly stressed I get before exams and after them just waiting for results. Being smart isn't always that great, lol.

suzlee

HSC

digimonstudent said:
They're just fat cows and I would have done the same thing :uhhuh:

Our school doesn't have duxes :)

yalando

HSC
Cardea said:
Overall results:

English - 88 - so so so so so so disappointed; I usually do quite well in English...
Maths - 95
Science - 97
Geography - 98
History - 95
Computing - 94

Happy with everything except english :(

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE with their awesome results!

We got the same for science woo go us(Y):D

omniscience

HSC
N/A
I got:

Maths = 100 ah, i am dissapointed. why can't i get 110 at least?
English = 100 wtf, this is so low compared to my standards. i wanted boris' 9000
History = 100 this is just pathetic
Geography = 100 i am glad that i am not doing geography next year
Computing = 100 Highly Competent i need to come to bos more to practise computing
Science = 100 this is absolutely crap. i am doomed now.

Did I do okay? You guys are so smart. You make me look so dumb.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
omniscience said:
I got:

Maths = 100
English = 100
History = 100
Geography = 100
Computing = 100 Highly Competent
Science = 100

I know! those marks are like bloody crap mate. gta try harder or you're out of it

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
omniscience said:
I got:

Maths = 100
English = 100
History = 100
Geography = 100
Computing = 100 Highly Competent
Science = 100

Well like they say, there's always room for improvement!

omniscience

HSC
N/A
b00m said:
Well like they say, there's always room for improvement!
Thanks guys. I was worried that I might only get 100 UAI as opposed to 9000 UAI that boris got.

Ah, I am relieved now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)