SC Results Thread (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

Gee! You guys got excellent marks! Mine are as follows-

English- literacy- 85 (biggest surprise)
Mathematics- 91
Science- 89 (Merde!!!!!!! Juste un point a la bande 6!)
Geography- 93
History- 89 (Encore, merde!)
Computing Skills- 94 (surprising as well)

As you can see, if you still care, I had two subjects that were 1 freaking point away from band 6's. I'm pissed off. I'm a renowned history freak at my school (really I am) and I studied 9 tiring hours on the previous Saturday for science. It's very disappointing. My science teacher says, though, that I shouldn't worry about it since the writing section was basically full of bollocks and had nothing at all to do with science. Doesn't make me feel better though about my mark.:(

I'm surprised the most with my band in English. I was expecting a Band 2 score since I messed up all of my writing, especially the short story which is the worst piece of shit I've ever written in my life, to be honest. My English teacher today said that only 4% of the state got band 6's in English, so that makes it a very big achievement for those who got a band 6!

Besides those two subjects that were a point away from band 6's and of the possible alleviation of pressure from my Asian parents I'm happy about my marks. Yeeppeee!

Last edited:

Cardea

HSC

zaa said:
Hey me too! I felt like kicking myself once I found out.

I got

English - 88
Maths - 95
Science - 89
Geography - 95
History - 98
Computers - 96

Thought I would've done so badly in Geography, I did that ecological sustainability extended in the last 10 minutes!
I didn't realise until I'd come onto this site! Then I was kicking myself.

Those are really good results - we got the same mark for english and the reverse for history and geo, haha. Same for maths too :uhhuh:

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

English 89 <------------------- *swears* Oh well, I was expecting band 4 xD
Mathematics 97
Science 95
Geography 93
History 91
Computing 98

Overall I'm ok with my results...I just hate it when you're one mark off though >O

Kittikhun

HSC
Damn, am I going to up against you guys next year? Those are kick ass marks! Good work Cardea on those marks. Really impressive.

Cardea

HSC
Kittikhun said:
Damn, am I going to up against you guys next year? Those are kick ass marks! Good work Cardea on those marks. Really impressive.
I know! Everyone did so well!! It's going to be tight for the next two years :rolleyes:

Aw, thanks. You did pretty well yourself! You were only one away from two band 6s - I think you should just count them as band 6s anyway lol.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
Kittikhun said:
Nah don't worry too much, I think it's mainly the people who did well who post them xD

Cardea

HSC

Congrats pwoh - you did very well! =)

Kittikhun

HSC
I'm glad though that you got those marks in you school that is ranked 413 in the state. (I'm not stalking you, just looking at your profile, that's all) My school is ranked 598 which is pretty dismal. I just want to prove that it is possible to obtain good marks, no matter what school you go to and I'm happy that I'm seeing this happen by the members of this forum!

Nah don't worry too much, I think it's mainly the people who did well who post them xD

Yeah, it probably is. You have to be pretty damn brave to post here your marks if you got marks you didn't expect to get. Reminds me of that line in the The Thin Red Line of 'everyman searching for salvation for himself; like a coal, drawn from a fire.' Cynical, I know, but sort of true.

smile=D=D=D

HSC

woahh evryone did awesome!!

i thought i did pretty good until i saw everyone elses marks >< nahh but overall im happy =]

english: 91
maths: 92
science: 94
geo: 95
history: 92
computing: 95

ooh yeh and stfu to all those ppl who keep saying that sc is bullshit and blahblahblah. yeh we know but its interesting to see where we measure up against the state (i think?)

Cardea

HSC
Kittikhun said:
I'm glad though that you got those marks in you school that is ranked 413 in the state. (I'm not stalking you, just looking at your profile, that's all) My school is ranked 598 which is pretty dismal. I just want to prove that it is possible to obtain good marks, no matter what school you go to and I'm happy that I'm seeing this happen by the members of this forum!

Yeah, it probably is. You have to be pretty damn brave to post here your marks if you got marks you didn't expect to get. Reminds me of that line in the The Thin Red Line of 'everyman searching for salvation for himself; like a coal, drawn from a fire.' Cynical, I know, but sort of true.
Lol, I was wondering how you knew! Mm yeah, the ranking is quite dismal here too.. apparently, we got the most band 6s this year since 2002-03 or something so that's a good thing. I agree - I don't really think the school you go to has much bearing on how well you do (unless it really is crappy). It's the individual effort that counts.

That's a nice quote, and yes.. it does hold some truth.

Cardea

HSC

smile=D=D=D said:

i thought i did pretty good until i saw everyone elses marks >< nahh but overall im happy =]

ooh yeh and stfu to all those ppl who keep saying that sc is bullshit and blahblahblah. yeh we know but its interesting to see where we measure up against the state (i think?)
I'd love to swap my marks for all your band 6s, lol :p That said, congrats!

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

lyounamu said:
I am assuming that some people might have inflated their marks up a bit.

Come on, we wouldn't have all the band 6s here....
I agree with you 100%
The SC counts for zilch seriously. What is the point in inflating your marks when the only one your kidding is yourself?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

smile=D=D=D said:
that is what the HSC is for (Y)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

smile=D=D=D said:

but what's the point if people just make their marks up?

I am sure many of people have inflated their marks.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC

smile=D=D=D said:
That is what the HSC is for ;)

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

Hey to all those who got band 6s. How have your parents reacted?

I got 89, 92, 96, 95, 93, 95. My lowest two marks being for English and maths respectively. I topped english again this year.

But despite all this, when my parents read my results, their response was that my 89 for english meant that my foundations for english was poor. They kept saying how I had not grasped the foundations of english properly and needed serious improvements. Hm... not one encouraging comment yet, they're just disappointed with English and maths.

So anyone else in the same boat?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Paradox1345 said:

I got 89, 92, 96, 95, 93, 95. My lowest two marks being for English and maths respectively. I topped english again this year.

But despite all this, when my parents read my results, their response was that my 89 for english meant that my foundations for english was poor. They kept saying how I had not grasped the foundations of english properly and needed serious improvements. Hm... not one encouraging comment yet, they're just disappointed with English and maths.

I got that kind of comment too.

Don't worry. It's a pity that they don't realise how well you did.

Prosper

HSC

Paradox1345 said:

Your parents are mean and expect way too much of you/dont understand the SC marks. A mark of 89 is definitely good. Heck, I didnt try for my SC and got half in Band 6 and half in Band 5 but I got 80 for English. When I showed my parents they asked me how much study I did, I said maybe 2 hours all up, they frowned then said, well you did pretty good, but please, study for your HSC. The English mark though reflected that I am quite horrid at English.

Paradox1345

HSC
N/A

Thanks guys.

lol I regret telling them my results in the first place.

Last edited:

blackratpoo

HSC

wow. harsh parents. i guess its your overall academic ability they take into account. but my parent are sweet.....coz my sis got all band 5's and 4's which is technically above average and they were sweet with that......that means ill blow them away hopefully and score a few extra christmas presents :) .......they also understand it means nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)