SC Results Thread (1 Viewer)

vongSTAA

HSC
Re: 2008SC SC Results ~

There were like a few questions in Computer Skills I wasn't all that sure about, but most of the ones that I didn't really know at first, you could sort of figure out eventually (like excel stuff).

Maths - 93
English - 86
Science - 81
Geography - 84
History - 76
Computer - 94

lol @ the people who are like "omg sc means nothing", no shit but what's wrong with posting up some results on this board since it is for school related discussion =/ Fair nuff if you're saying like "sif study hardout" to people because you really didn't have to study much, or at all unless you're a complete dumbass (or just wanna get perfect in everything o_O).

speedofsound

HSC

vongSTAA said:
lol @ the people who are like "omg sc means nothing", no shit but what's wrong with posting up some results on this board since it is for school related discussion =/
It's to demonstrate superiority. :D

All the best to everyone else getting their results today, it feels like we're the very last haha.

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A

tommykins said:
how about you stop being inconsiderate and realise they have their own high expectations rather than having low expectations like you?

god i hate you fuckwits that are like 'OH WE DIDN'T GET THAT HIGH CAUSE WE'RE DUMBSHITS STOP RUBBING IT IN'.

well guess what, people with 72's that get in their 70 course would be 100x happier than a person who got 98.xx but didn't get into their 99.xx course

are you going to tell them to stop whinging over their 98.xx ?

okay here it goes. My response to your idiotic reply....

First of all, Mind YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS and stop coming in the SC results to start conflicts with other people who are experiencing their first official exams and are younger then you. Cause seriously, We dont give a fuck that you're in year 12 and that you think "SC IS A PIECE OF SHIT AND THAT ITS SOOOO EASY".

Secondly, This is my OPINION, not yours you stupid retard. Not only me, But HEAPS of people honestly can't stand people bragging over themselves because they got higher marks.

oh look at me... i got b6 for everything... aww i missed out on 99 by 1 mark I'M SO DEPRESSED... look at me look at me I'm gonna inflate my marks so people think big of me.

WE dont give a fuck if you got 99 +... I'm happy for you but seriously stop insulting your own mark. Not all of us have the capability of getting in the 90s itself. And we find it frustrating any annoying that people actually do this.

Why cant you just say... "oh bummer... 1 or 2 marks off b6"... dont fkn say" OMFG 1 OR 2 MARK OFF B6... MY LIFE IS RUINED". No exaggeration :)

And yes, I do care if people whinge about themselves. Who the fuck are they to say they're better than other people?

And while we're at it... my results

English : B5
Maths : B5
Science : B5
History : B5
Geography : B5
Computers : 90 highly competent

There.. i missed out on B6 by 1 or 2 marks.... you dont see me complaining and whinging about it...

suzlee

HSC

LMAO.

Although you're entitled to them, opinions can be wrong - whether you think they're right or not :)

That's just my piece of opinion for the day...

bigjohn639

HSC

wat da hell is wrong with u ppl out there gettin pissed at urselves cos u missed out by 1 mark on a bloody band 6? u stil got a damn b5 and thats a halluva lot betta than most of the population. stop complainin n be happy with wat u got.

history-83
science-83
maths-87
geography-88
english-88
comp skills-95

3xist

HSC

Wow guys!

You did so well, I can't believe it. Cangrats!!!

I mean look at my results:

English: 69, Band 3
Maths: 56, Band 2
Science: 64, Band 3
Geography: 63, Band 3
History: 60, Band 3
Computers: 76 - Competent.

Wow I feel so stupid being here. :-( But you guys did really good... Pretty sweet. :)

aimhigh10

HSC

School certificate really doesn't mean anything you know.

And I bet there are a couple of inflated marks on here.

HSC

i know that heaps of u didnt even bother studying n all but still managed to pull out some great marks. i only came to australia a couple of years ago. the subjects i did in my country taught us different things, for example we would never learn number patterns or data. when my parents heard bout the school cert they wanted to ensure that i got high 90s in all of em. so i devoted like 6 hours of study to SC to study n learn anything i missed out n yr 7 n yr 8 math. i bought all the excel books n did them. i printed out all the past SC papers did em n showed them to my teachers to mark em. i was so sure i was gonna go good but this is what i ended up getting:

maths 91 b6
science 86 b5
english 85 b5
geo 93 b6
his 93 b6

i was only content with geo n histor cause thats what my parents dont really care about but the other ones. theres no way i got those marks. in my half yearly i got 99% for math n im a 5.3 student. i got 95% for science. for the assessment tasks i've been doing for english i've achieved 95+. i was like what the hell?! theres no way that these could be my marks. i actually studied for this. i did every past paper at leat 10 times. i know u guys may seem to be whinging but its not cause im sad bout my marks but rather cause i have to provide a satisfactory excuse to my parents. when i did these tests i kept rechecking them till the bell went. i didnt draw things on my desk like some of u did. my science teacher told me that if ur 1 smart kid in a dumb school n u do well while every1 else does bad ur mark is gonna go down. i think thats what happended cause i studied hard out for the SC. so any advice?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad

digimonstudent said:
i know that heaps of u didnt even bother studying n all but still managed to pull out some great marks. i only came to australia a couple of years ago. the subjects i did in my country taught us different things, for example we would never learn number patterns or data. when my parents heard bout the school cert they wanted to ensure that i got high 90s in all of em. so i devoted like 6 hours of study to SC to study n learn anything i missed out n yr 7 n yr 8 math. i bought all the excel books n did them. i printed out all the past SC papers did em n showed them to my teachers to mark em. i was so sure i was gonna go good but this is what i ended up getting:

maths 91 b6
science 86 b5
english 85 b5
geo 93 b6
his 93 b6

. my science teacher told me that if ur 1 smart kid in a dumb school n u do well while every1 else does bad ur mark is gonna go down. i think thats what happended cause i studied hard out for the SC. so any advice?
dunno... not sure about the scaling

but i didn't think other people's marks in your school affected yours, actually i'm certain that it doesn't affect ur marks

Advice? well if you studied full on like yourself and still weren't hapyp with your marks.. i have no idea. Maybe you got burnt out/ were too stressed/tired?

I didn't study much as i knew the SC would be basic.. so i went into the exam with my mind feeling free

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Isho said:
okay here it goes. My response to your idiotic reply....

First of all, Mind YOUR OWN FUCKING BUSINESS and stop coming in the SC results to start conflicts with other people who are experiencing their first official exams and are younger then you. Cause seriously, We dont give a fuck that you're in year 12 and that you think "SC IS A PIECE OF SHIT AND THAT ITS SOOOO EASY".
I was here first. ;)
And lulz you say you don't care yet you're firing up so much.

Get some water into you.
Secondly, This is my OPINION, not yours you stupid retard. Not only me, But HEAPS of people honestly can't stand people bragging over themselves because they got higher mark

oh look at me... i got b6 for everything... aww i missed out on 99 by 1 mark I'M SO DEPRESSED... look at me look at me I'm gonna inflate my marks so people think big of me.
Someones abit jealous of people performing better than they did.
Never said you can't have your opinion, just that it's retarded.
WE dont give a fuck if you got 99 +... I'm happy for you but seriously stop insulting your own mark. Not all of us have the capability of getting in the 90s itself. And we find it frustrating any annoying that people actually do this.
I re-direct you to people having different standards. ie. a person aiming for 99.xx UAI but getting 98.xx has the RIGHT to be pissed compared to someone aiming 70 and getting 72.

Why cant you just say... "oh bummer... 1 or 2 marks off b6"... dont fkn say" OMFG 1 OR 2 MARK OFF B6... MY LIFE IS RUINED". No exaggeration :)
Because if you've actually been in the situation, it's pretty shit.

And yes, I do care if people whinge about themselves. Who the fuck are they to say they're better than other people?

And while we're at it... my results

English : B5
Maths : B5
Science : B5
History : B5
Geography : B5
Computers : 90 highly competent

There.. i missed out on B6 by 1 or 2 marks.... you dont see me complaining and whinging about it...
cry more.

HSC

b00m said:

but i didn't think other people's marks in your school affected yours, actually i'm certain that it doesn't affect ur marks

Advice? well if you studied full on like yourself and still weren't hapyp with your marks.. i have no idea. Maybe you got burnt out/ were too stressed/tired?

I didn't study much as i knew the SC would be basic.. so i went into the exam with my mind feeling free
but if i did this bad in SC then im gonna get bombed in the HSC.

fly-away

HSC
N/A

digimonstudent said:

maths 91 b6
science 86 b5
english 85 b5
geo 93 b6
his 93 b6

i was only content with geo n histor cause thats what my parents dont really care about but the other ones. theres no way i got those marks. in my half yearly i got 99% for math n im a 5.3 student. i got 95% for science. for the assessment tasks i've been doing for english i've achieved 95+. i was like what the hell?! theres no way that these could be my marks. i actually studied for this. i did every past paper at leat 10 times. i know u guys may seem to be whinging but its not cause im sad bout my marks but rather cause i have to provide a satisfactory excuse to my parents. when i did these tests i kept rechecking them till the bell went. i didnt draw things on my desk like some of u did. my science teacher told me that if ur 1 smart kid in a dumb school n u do well while every1 else does bad ur mark is gonna go down. i think thats what happended cause i studied hard out for the SC. so any advice?
Even if you don't think you did well, i think you did! Many people would be glad to swap for your marks, but i understand where you're coming from.

I'm not sure about the whole thing if you're a smart kid in a 'dumb' school.
Does it really drag you down? I thought if you did well then you keep your own marks?

And our SC results, was that our actual mark out of 100 or was that scaled, kind of like a rank thing? O_O

Z787b

HSC

b00m said:

Thats not fully correct. No matter how stupid your cohort is. If you do well over the year you will get rewarded for it. Iam in the same predicament with my yr 12 marks. If you do well it will only spread the gap between you and your cohort. Dont worry your marks will not get dragged down, The school Principal told me this!
Goodluck in the HSC iam sure you will do well.:drink:

HSC

fly-away said:
Even if you don't think you did well, i think you did! Many people would be glad to swap for your marks, but i understand where you're coming from.

I'm not sure about the whole thing if you're a smart kid in a 'dumb' school.
Does it really drag you down? I thought if you did well then you keep your own marks?

And our SC results, was that our actual mark out of 100 or was that scaled, kind of like a rank thing? O_O
u guys r missing the point. what a m i supposed to tell my parents. they saw me study for ages but i dint get the marks i was aiming for. what do i tell them?

fly-away

HSC
N/A

Z787b said:
Thats not fully correct. No matter how stupid your cohort is. If you do well over the year you will get rewarded for it. Iam in the same predicament with my yr 12 marks. If you do well it will only spread the gap between you and your cohort. Dont worry your marks will not get dragged down, The school Principal told me this!
Goodluck in the HSC iam sure you will do well.:drink:
Well i guess thats the answer! Thanks for the reassurance :)

I'm in the same situation of going to a 'crap' school (we're just not very academic..)

And digimonstudent, so you haven't told your parents your marks yet?

Hmm are they the parents that just want you to try your beesssttest and be happy with your marks or they just want to see the 99+ on paper?

camomile.tea

HSC

digimonstudent said:
u guys r missing the point. what a m i supposed to tell my parents. they saw me study for ages but i dint get the marks i was aiming for. what do i tell them?
Maybe you weren't suited to the types of questions they asked? There are people who have been used to doing advanced maths for year 10 and aren't used to problem solving types in the mathematics exam.

Perhaps you misread the question. I think I did this for one of my tests and wasted a lot of time fixing the extended response. Or you could have overthought the questions. I'm sure you would have done very well if you knew the content. It's only silly mistakes and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)