Scaling 2013 (1 Viewer)

ebbygoo

HSC
Hey guys.

Just looking at the tables released by UAC, and can't piece them apart.

Basically,

Someone tell me how mathematics scaled. Please.

Lol.

And then after that, y'all may discuss other subjects if y'all wish :p

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Lalah96

HSC
Uni Grad
I have no clue how any of this is scaled!

I ranked first internally in every subject out of 3 people. Is it possible they pulled my mark down? :/
also does anyone know why my hsc exam mark and assessment marks were the same? when my assessments were what should have brought my marks up?!

ARGGGH hate this and hate not knowing

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
basically all the marks you see on results were determined by the external exam

For example if you were first and were getting 95s in your class tests, say in your final hsc results it says 83/83 that means the highest mark was 83

Assessments are only there to determine the relative gaps and ranks between each student of the cohort, and do not count for anything in the hsc exam

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have no clue how any of this is scaled!

I ranked first internally in every subject out of 3 people. Is it possible they pulled my mark down? :/
also does anyone know why my hsc exam mark and assessment marks were the same? when my assessments were what should have brought my marks up?!

ARGGGH hate this and hate not knowing

The reason why your assessment marks and exam marks are the same is that you had the highest internal mark at your school and must also have the highest external mark which then became your internal mark as well.

If the top ranked student was sent in with 60 or 90 would make no difference to the final mark if they also got the top exam mark of 80 as 80 would be both their final exam and school mark (the exam is the only common task and so determines the top internal and bottom internal, range, total, mean and median of the internals)

NWO

HSC
the hsc system is flawed and glitched.

NWO

HSC
that's y teachers don't give u ur own assessment marks. I wonder y..

D94

HSC
N/A
Humanities scaling was boss this year
Hardly, it did worse than last year on the whole.

I have no idea how to understand the tables. Can you tell me how Eco scaling was please
Better than last year if you are at the higher end.

mathematics scaling <3

it's amazing
Scaled well, but 2012 scaled better than 2013 (for Mathematics).

MX1 and MX2 scaled better than last year though.

Maths scaled really well. I think I got in the low 70s which aligned/scaled to 88.
That is not scaling. You are talking about aligning which is a completely different process to scaling. Scaling is performed to compare Student A's set of subjects to Student B's set of subjects. Aligning is performed to standardise the marks in accordance to Bands, where if a certain mark meets a borderline Band 6 response, that mark is aligned to 90. The aligning process has zero impact on the ATAR and scaling process.

---

On the whole, from what I can see, all mainstream subjects scaled similarly to last year.

As a side note, these figures are pretty useless. You can't really do anything with them; they merely add up to form your aggregate and that turns into your ATAR.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
I have no idea how to understand the tables. Can you tell me how Eco scaling was please
I have no idea how to understand anything regarding scaling full stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)