Schapelle Corby: Innocent or Guilty- Your final verdict (2 Viewers)

WannaBang?

HSC
Enteebee said:
Perceived better quality of the aus grow?
LMAO!
If the drugs were kept in Australia and sold here, a much larger profit would have been made.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
WannaBang? said:
LMAO!
If the drugs were kept in Australia and sold here, a much larger profit would have been made.
They have a surf shop over there though where tourists will be looking to score and rather not risk talking to the locals with the tough laws/dangerous people/different culture *shrug*

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
I rekon Corby's pretty dumb and guilty. The pot was so obvious once you opened the bag. The risk she took was massively stupid, it was humungous and not hidden once u simply opened the zip.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's not puzzling.

They're just all mind-bogglingly stupid.

boris

Banned
HSC
Um, I take offence on behalf of the farm animals everywhere.

Farm animals are pretty smart man. Except sheep. Sheep are incredibly, mind bogglingly fucking stupid. Oh whats this, an open gate? LETS GO THRU THE FENCE LOLZ

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
politik said:
Evidence for her crime:
- She is a bogan.
- Her family has an aggregate IQ lower than most farm animals.
- She did it.
Evidence for her innocence:
- She says she didn't do it.
- Commercial television and tabloid print believe she didn't do it.

Mother fucking lackeys.
As if the media believe it. They don't care, as long as somethign makes a good story to get good ratings to get good money. They're worse than corby.

kokodamonkey

HSC
Enteebee said:
Kokodomonkey wasn't though. He really does think smuggling pot is worse than rape.
what? Hell no where do you get that idea from. You've gotta be kidding me. I Know its Lets Put Shit On Kokodamonkey Week, but come on, i think you saying that is taking it too far.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Man, I'm sorry but that's just how I read your words...

People that murder or commit rape should be put in jail and have the keys thrown away, their life should be worthless and bear no fruit for redemption, so they have some sort of idea of the ordeal they have put their victims through..

Where as drug smugglers etc should just be SHOT because they are making no contribution to society.
Maybe you meant rapists etc should be tortured as some sort of worse punishment... It's still pretty extreme.

~Natalie:)~

HSC
Dont know if i will get anyone 2 agree with me but I studied her case for a legal assessment task in feb of this year and i have and will always think she is innocent.

wagga

HSC
CharlieB said:
why the fuck would anyone try to smuggle drugs INTO indonesia? Its like trying to smuggle cocaine into Columbia.
That's irrelevant - the fact is you are responsible for what is in your bag when you take it through customs; if you cannot provide any evidence that you didn't put it in your bag, you will be found guilty in that situation in any country in the world.

And, presuming she didn't do it, how the fuck didn't she notice her bodyboard bag had more than doubled in size and volume? My bodyboard, bag and fins weighs 3kg total, I'm sure I'd notice if it suddenly became 7kg and had something the size of a pillow shoved into it.

wagga

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Well done. You've just quoted the law as it stands. That doesn't make it right.

I'd argue that even if you support prohibition (which I don't), drug laws the world over are fundamentally flawed. They basically reverse the burden of proof and create a considerable risk of innocent people being convicted (not that I think Corby is innocent in this case, but that's irrelevant in terms of public policy).
That's a straw man - public policy isn't the issue at stake here. The laws in this case do not reverse the burden of proof - in this case, Schapelle admitted to customs officers that the bag was hers. It is reasonable to assume that by admitting the bag was hers, she is admitting the contents also belong to her. Thus, the prosecution have a pretty decent basis for proving that she did attempt to smuggle the drugs. Given she provided no evidence other than hearsay to show that she didn't plant the drugs herself or at least knowingly attempt to import them, she will be found guilty.

This isn't specific to drugs - if she was bringing in prohibited weapons, explosives, items in breach of quarantine regulations (e.g. foreign fauna or flora), the result would have been exactly the same, as it would have been in any other country in the world.

As for whether this is right or not, I would agree that there are significant flaws in Australia at least in regards to the laws regarding usage of drugs, but if you are suggesting that you don't deserve gaol time for attempting to smuggle 4.2kg of weed then I heartily disagree.

wagga

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Yes it is reasonable to assume she did it. But there is also reasonable doubt. There is a reasonable possibility that the drugs were actually planted on her. This would normally mean an acquittal. But apparently not when drugs are involved.
Look, do I have to spell it out for you? When you take things through customs, in any country, you and you alone are responsible for what is in your bag. She admitted the bag was hers, and hence admitted the contents were also hers, hence the burden of proof shifts from the prosecutor to her to provide a reason as to how they got there. She didn't, and was thus found guilty. If you can find me a similar case anywhere else in the world where the defendent was found not guilty I'd love to see it.

Your claim of 'reasonable doubt' seems a bit flimsy also. How many people have you heard of this happening to other than her? It seems tremendously unlucky that the drugs were apparently planted in her bag in Brisbane, failed to be removed in Sydney, and then she failed to notice that her bag had managed to grow 4.2kg in weight and a lot of volume during the flight.

zimmerman8k said:
This is just an appeal to authority. The fact that there are other laws with similar flaws does not make this law right.
What exactly is flawed about the fact that someone who produced not a shred of credible evidence in her defence was found guilty?

zimmerman8k said:
No. Why should she go to jail for importing something that has never caused a fatality. Even if you believe it is very harmful, she was not forcing it on anyone. People themselves choose to take it. Just like people choose alcohol, tobacco and fatty foods. Should we imprison the importers of these goods too?
Whether you agree with it or not, in almost every country in the world it is illegal to import weed. There are signs before customs in Indonesian airports that warn of the stiff penalties for drug offences - she knew the risks, she deserves 20 years for sheer stupidity if nothing else. Besides, there is a correlation between marijuana use and psychosis, and also lung disease resulting from smoke inhalation. I agree that casual use should be decriminalised, but I have no time for dealers and importers, who are just seeking to make a buck. As for your argument that she wasn't forcing it on anyone, that sounds a bit like the RSL clubs who claim they don't force people to play the pokies, and they put some of the money back into the community...

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I don't ever care at all.

Although before the show on TV, which i didn't watch for more then 2 minutes, I didn't know she was a hous-o/junkie.

I always thought she was a normal respectable person.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
wagga said:
in this case, Schapelle admitted to customs officers that the bag was hers. It is reasonable to assume that by admitting the bag was hers, she is admitting the contents also belong to her. Thus, the prosecution have a pretty decent basis for proving that she did attempt to smuggle the drugs.
hahahahahahahahaa

wagga

HSC
ari89 said:
hahahahahahahahaa
Care to elaborate? All I am saying is that if you admit a bag is yours through customs, you take responsibility for its contents. If you can find similar cases elsewhere in the world where the defendent was found not guilty I would love to see them.

gavvsy

HSC
i think the media had a lot to do with the public opinion. however, i still think she is guilty

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
srsly, does anybosy give a shit about this corby chick. i dont give a fuck.

not my problem.

sucked it.

your a junky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)