Schapelle Corby: Innocent or Guilty- Your final verdict (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
schapelle corby is guilty [close thread]. her dads a druggo, her brothers a druggo, her sisters a druggo, schapelle corby is a druggo!

end of story

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Haha yeah when I pack there's no room for a boogie board bag full of pot.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
JaredR said:
I like Christians...

But I hate born agains...They have this whole mentality that they have to share their epiphany with the world and bring all people into the faith as they similarly found it.

Catholicism for the world...none of this evangelical crap. Vive la tradition.

P.S. I don't see WYD as an Evangelical event.
wtf

wagga

HSC
JaredR said:
The evidence is startling but I think there is REASONABLE (even though tiny) doubt that she is guilty and I feel that in an Australian court system she may have received a verdict of Not Guilty.

I can't help but feel that as soon as the media swarmed on her case the Indonesian legal system was stuck on turning her into an example, clearly not good enough an example for the absolutely stupid Bali 9.
You walk into customs in any country in the world, with a bag (which she admitted was hers) which happens to be full of marijuana, and then provide no reasonable evidence to suggest that anyone other than yourself put it in that bag, you will get found guilty.

Just as an aside, I bodyboard, and I weighed my fins and board and they weighed 2.5kg. I'm pretty sure I would notice if my bag had mysteriously more than doubled in weight. She should have been given 20yrs for sheer stupidity if nothing else.

emytaylor164 said:
then that should be tougher too.

Drugs ruin lives
Get out of the thread Kevin Rudd. Alcohol ruins lives too, as do ciggies, as do cars, as does coal power, as does fatty foods, etc, but I don't see many people lining up to ban those. Your naivety is stunning.

And just remember: number of people killed by marijuana and related side effects 2006: 0

nugget01 said:
how could the bag, weighing about 7.5 kgs make it out of australia?
Customs in Australia only screen for bomb,s not drugs. They don't particularly care what leaves the country.

Narni.1991

HSC
I believe this is a hard discussion topic...not even the government have proved that she is guilty or not...there is no concrete evidence to say that she either deliberatly hid drugs on her or whether they were planted...i do however feel sorry for her as she has now lost her life with no chance of being released soon..this means she has lost her chance to settle down with a family...Drugs aren't worth losing all that for...honestly...

wagga

HSC
Narni.1991 said:
I believe this is a hard discussion topic...not even the government have proved that she is guilty or not...there is no concrete evidence to say that she either deliberatly hid drugs on her or whether they were planted...i do however feel sorry for her as she has now lost her life with no chance of being released soon..this means she has lost her chance to settle down with a family...Drugs aren't worth losing all that for...honestly...
There is the evidence that she admitted that the bodyboard bag was hers, and that bag contained 4kg of weed. Unless you can provide a valid explanation as to how it got there (concocting some cock and bull story about it being planted at an airport does not count as valid) you will be convicted. End of story.

Mr.Gypo

HSC
N/A
Just like to say , that we never know if she is guilty or not . I tend to think she isnt, however , that is irrevlant , becuase the fact is that the evidence , such as the bag of pot , could of been fingferprinted also , the pot could of been DNA'ed....also another than that , what we percieve to be true , that is , whatever we think guilty or not , is based on what the media feed us , and all the advance english students , from the module of telling the truth , know how shifty and cunning the media can be when presenting so called 'facts' ...so before making comments that her father is a drugo etc...think is it possible that she was set up , maybe she wasnt...but to be 1000% certain , we will never know...

In my opinion the question should be guilty or not , was the 25 yr sentence to harsh , and my response yes it was , and i think Australia's govt should of stepped in to help her...

(Sorry if there is typo errors or grammar mistakes , im not bothered to re read and fix it)

wagga

HSC
^^^There are so many holes in that argument it's unbelievable...
The media was on her side, for the most part all you heard was how corrupt the Indonesian justice system was/is, and nothing of the fact she did attempt to enter Indonesia with 4kg of pot in her bag, and provided no credible reason as to how it got there, leading to the inevitable conclusion that she put it there or at least knew it was in there.

As for your claim that we cannot be 1000% certain (I believe that would be impossible anyway), if you want to push that line of argument, we cannot be "1000%" certain that the earth isn't flat, either. All the prosecution has to do is prove beyond reasonable doubt that she is guilty. When you walk through customs with a bag you admit is yours (which she did), it is a reasonable assumption that the contents also belong to that person. Hence, after this, the onus is on the defense to prove that Corby didn't put the weed in the bag. The only evidence they could provide was some prisoner who claimed to have overheard a conversation in gaol. That is not evidence, that is hearsay, hence she was found guilty. Furthermore, her lawyer even said that the claim baggage handlers planted the weed was a lie.

Your claim that the Australian government should have stepped in is absurd on two fronts. Firstly, I'm sure Australia's meddling in the affairs of a sovereign nation would go down a treat with Indonesia and the international community at large... Secondly, it is widely known that the sentences for drug crimes in Indonesia are strict; if you attempt to flout these laws and get caught, then you deserve whatever you get.

boris

Banned
HSC
Mr.Gypo said:
Just like to say , that we never know if she is guilty or not . I tend to think she isnt, however , that is irrevlant , becuase the fact is that the evidence , such as the bag of pot , could of been fingferprinted also , the pot could of been DNA'ed....also another than that , what we percieve to be true , that is , whatever we think guilty or not , is based on what the media feed us , and all the advance english students , from the module of telling the truth , know how shifty and cunning the media can be when presenting so called 'facts' ...so before making comments that her father is a drugo etc...think is it possible that she was set up , maybe she wasnt...but to be 1000% certain , we will never know...

In my opinion the question should be guilty or not , was the 25 yr sentence to harsh , and my response yes it was , and i think Australia's govt should of stepped in to help her...

(Sorry if there is typo errors or grammar mistakes , im not bothered to re read and fix it)
Okay, so say she definitely did do it but wore gloves and left no trace evidence.

She's still guilty. In lieu of this evidence, (which for some reason people think is the only type of valid evidence), what else can be used to substantiate a case against her?

cooldudehack

1337 h4x0r
HSC
if she did do it and she had lied all this time and cant own up for her act... shes a coward

if she didnt do it and she was telling the truth the entire time... add 5 years to her sentences and chuck her family in there 2

for her sake drugs arnt disappearing 2 fast and there will be plenty for her to travel and smoke when she gets out!

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I'd keep faking the crazies when she gets better if I was her. That hospital room she's in looks way cushier than prison.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
She is alright. 20 years sentences sounds too heavy. 10 years would be better.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
I'm sure this has been said a few times but i am not going to read a thread about schapelle corby (please ppl call your drug smuggling kids easier names!!)
this thread should be called schappelle corby: innocent or guilty - who gives a fuck
for christs sake either she or one of her family members/close friends smuggled drugs if it wasn't her then someone should own up but for christ sakes why the fuck do we need to hear about it
This is the aussie version of the newsreader in the states who refused to read the thing on paris hilton and set it on fire and that, i wanna see that on sunrise!

DennyCrane

HSC
I think from Sunday nights doco we can see the Corby family's plan. Mercedes lives in Indonesia with her Indo husband. She's well established there has children etc. To make it easier im going to refer to Schapelle as Mary Jane. Ms Jane's next door neighbour grows drugs. He has an excess supply of it, greater than his personal consumption so desires. So they hatch a plan. The plan: Ms. Jane, goes on a 'holiday' taking 7kg of these drugs to Indonesia. She then gives it to Mercedes who with her husband sells the drugs to the native community which she has potent links with. There plan is to do this over and over again.

Its hard to tell where both the brothers fit in with this plan. But from Ms Jane's friends reaction to the question regarding the Boogey Bag - a cursory giggle, it seems obvious that a plan to shift the drugs existed.

Another thing that can be concluded is that Ron Bakir only exacerbated the situation for Ms Jane. The vision of him talking with one of the judges who asks him for $900k to reduce her sentence from death to 12 years just eradicates his credibility and makes Australian's look dodge. The Indo judicial system maybe corrupt but in such a high profile, one cannot simply bribe 3 judges. Perhaps as soon as she was caught such measures may have proved more effective.

20 years is nothing for Ms Jane. Through the prisoner exchange agreement she may in the future spend her remaining sentence in the comfort of an australian prison. But 7kgs of drugs had they been distributed, which im guessing could have been sold to 30 - 50 people maybe less maybe more would have destroyed so many lives. It could have lead to death as consequence of being under the influence of these drugs or perhaps people may have overdosed. Im not sure if u can on Marijuana.

banco55

HSC
Compare Schapelle with Michelle Leslie. Schapelle's white trash family make it a media circus and she gets 20 years. Michelle Leslie's bf's father (who's rich as shit) sends over a fixer with a suitcase full of cash and she gets off with a lenient sentence.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
banco55 said:
Compare Schapelle with Michelle Leslie. Schapelle's white trash family make it a media circus and she gets 20 years. Michelle Leslie's bf's father (who's rich as shit) sends over a fixer with a suitcase full of cash and she gets off with a lenient sentence.
LOVE BOUGHT JUSTICE. IT RULES.

WannaBang?

HSC
banco55 said:
She got off because the ammount of drugs she brought in was only enough for personal use. Mary J (schappelle corby) on the other hand brought in enough to supply an entire town. Stupid slut (her, not you).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
WannaBang? said:
She got off because the ammount of drugs she brought in was only enough for personal use. Mary J (schappelle corby) on the other hand brought in enough to supply an entire town. Stupid slut (her, not you).
I don't really think Indonesian law particular differentiates between the two. Well, it may but not at the level here. You can get like 20 years for possessing a joint if they're nuts.

WannaBang?

HSC
jb_nc said:
I don't really think Indonesian law particular differentiates between the two. Well, it may but not at the level here. You can get like 20 years for possessing a joint if they're nuts.
Really?

I'm sure the ammount brought in must factor into sentencing, whether it be to a small or large extent, I don't know. One would hope it would factor in on the decision. Those judges did look a little shifty from the beginning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)