• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

miss_gtr said:
dick head if you read my quote, i said drug intake is a victimless crime. anyways i DO apologise for the arguement as it is a bit stupid, but i kinda forgot the whole imprting thing. lol yeah, i think she is kinda screwed but yeah, its causing a lot of media attention and stuff, so do u guys think because of the media attention it will make her penalty harsher..or nay?
and whats with that new millionaire guy from her state that wants to help her cuz he is a millionaire? lol like WTF?
You are an idiot.

chilipepper

scentless apprentice
HSC
shes bloody innocent and the only reason our pathetic government would save her is too enhance john howards position as a ""world freedom warrior"". It'd all end up a political statement, did'nt see howards crew givin a stuff about habib and hick's because we were wrapped in an american flag....

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
The Indonesian govt and the Australian govt are have talks about the possibility that Australians that break laws overseas are sentanced to do time in both countries jails, and there is talk about it being implemented in this case, if she is found guilty, so it would likely save her life

[trent]

HSC
Yeh, I doubt she'll get the death penalty...however life in a Balinese jail doesn't sound too appetising. Don't know if anyone saw this, but about a month ago the SMH did a really good blow-by-blow article outlining the entire case with days and times, actions of the parties involved, evidence for and against and the incidences...just came across it when reading up on current stuff:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/03/04/1109700677359.html

sorry if its already been meantioned...i couldn't be bothered reading all 5 pages :p

**blu_rose**

HSC
i used to think that she was guilty especially when i heard that she was denying having the drugs cuz it is such a cliche argument but this was when i only knew the basic stuff abt the case
since i saw the size of the bag of pot and the boogie board i totally changed my mind. anyone with the least bit of common sense would know that there's no way of getting away with something like that no matter how low the security of the airport is, especially when u know the consequences of getting caught
so yes i think that she is innocent but im kinda stunned by how many ppl think she's guilty
by the way even if she is guilty im totally against the death penalty especially by a fire squad

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i don't know about her guilt... but she has very piercing eyes...

tattoodguy

Our governmetn should intervene when our citizens are being mistreated.

If the fucking bali ppple and indos want hand outs from us etc............they can give us the fucking courtousy of treating our citizens with respect.

Those fucking bali bombers get the same punishment as drug smugglers.........

Indonesian/bali justice is fucking rediculous..............

most countries justice system relating to drugs is a joke.

drug dealing isnt even a crime.......there is nothing immmoral about selling drugs or smuggliing drugs etc.

Drug dealing has no victims............so i catn really seee a crime in it.............just because our immmoral fucked government says something is wrong............doesnt mean it is........

Our government is full of shit.

It is a victimless crime u dumb fucks. sure it has some bad side effects indirectly. but it is victimlesss.

me selling u drugs for money.............hurts no body. Absolutely fucking no body.

If you decide to take drugs and fuck yourself -----------thats ur own fucking fauult...take responsibility you fucking junkies....

Would u rather have a dude importing alot of drugs........or have someone kill your mum?
our laws should encourage people to commit non voilent crimes...........

If you have to commit a crime..........id rather you sell drugs than killl someone and take there money.

alll non voilent crimes pretty much should get a slap on the wrist.........voilent fuckers....who hurt innocent ppple should be the ones who are treated harshly.......

Our police waste time and resources on chasing pettty drug dealers and even recreational drug users----------- when those resources could be used to stop voilent crimes...........

Thats a fucking problem..

Seriously...........our governemtn has no right to put drug dealers in jail with sick violent fucks............its fucking bull shit.

Our government is a fucking hypocrite..........they profit ..from gambling and alcolohol and cigerettes.............................. our government openly profits off the suffering of addiction.

And then when others do it thats a major fucking crime........thats just bull shit.

Im not saying we should ban alcohol.......but drug dealers/drug takers should be given some fucking chances.

Drink driving posses a more serious threat to innocent people than selling drugs.

Last edited:

tattoodguy

thats true about hicks.......and that other cunt. Our governmetn doesnt care.............................our governmetn cares about noth9ing.........but being re-elected.

did u seee habbib whatever.......has a new lawyer?

didnt that other dude.....................stick by habbib? while he was locked up etc..and help him etc????????????

from what i saw he got on the news..and tried to draw attentioin to his plight........

so why did habib..........decide to go with someone else?

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
drug dealing isnt even a crime.......there is nothing immmoral about selling drugs or smuggliing drugs etc.

Drug dealing has no victims............so i catn really seee a crime in it.............just because our immmoral fucked government says something is wrong............doesnt mean it is........
what about those kids who od and die? those who develop an addiction, lose everything and end up with life on the streets and a terrible death? what about those who suffer from organ failure or brain deterioration?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixydust*

Personally, i don't agree with the idea of people making decisions on the guilt or innocence of an accused in those highly publicised cases e.g. Micheal Jackson's trial, Corby case. I think it challenges the ability of our legal system and courts to deliver justice and arrive at a sound judgement, because of the media exposure and the influence it poses on the opinions of the wider community - expecially in cases heard before a jury. I'm aware that it is necessary for people to know about developments in cases and whats going on but can we honestly say that people like Jackson, that type of profile, will honestly ever be able to have a fair trial because people who don't even know him are already convinced of his guilt or otherwise?

Pixydust*

what do you mean there's 'nothing immoral about drug dealing?' why the HELL would there be laws against drug dealing if it wasn't?! I don't hold the fact that people use drugs against them - i'm fine with it, but it is in the interets of our whole community and in the protection of out VALUES and WELL BEING that such activity is outlawed. If all drugs where commercially available, think about the consequences on the health, standard of living of our population - not to mention the crime rate because whether you agree or not, there is a correlation between these factors and illicit substances. Don't question the purposes of laws when you have no idea what you are saying

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tattoodguy said:
Our governmetn should intervene when our citizens are being mistreated.

If the fucking bali ppple and indos want hand outs from us etc............they can give us the fucking courtousy of treating our citizens with respect.

Those fucking bali bombers get the same punishment as drug smugglers.........

Indonesian/bali justice is fucking rediculous..............

most countries justice system relating to drugs is a joke.

Our government is full of shit.

It is a victimless crime u dumb fucks. sure it has some bad side effects indirectly. but it is victimlesss.

me selling u drugs for money.............hurts no body. Absolutely fucking no body.

If you decide to take drugs and fuck yourself -----------thats ur own fucking fauult...take responsibility you fucking junkies....

Would u rather have a dude importing alot of drugs........or have someone kill your mum?
our laws should encourage people to commit non voilent crimes...........

If you have to commit a crime..........id rather you sell drugs than killl someone and take there money.

alll non voilent crimes pretty much should get a slap on the wrist.........voilent fuckers....who hurt innocent ppple should be the ones who are treated harshly.......

Our police waste time and resources on chasing pettty drug dealers and even recreational drug users----------- when those resources could be used to stop voilent crimes...........

Thats a fucking problem..

Seriously...........our governemtn has no right to put drug dealers in jail with sick violent fucks............its fucking bull shit.

Our government is a fucking hypocrite..........they profit ..from gambling and alcolohol and cigerettes.............................. our government openly profits off the suffering of addiction.

And then when others do it thats a major fucking crime........thats just bull shit.

Im not saying we should ban alcohol.......but drug dealers/drug takers should be given some fucking chances.

Drink driving posses a more serious threat to innocent people than selling drugs.
when you're in a foreign country, you're obliged to obey their laws. it would be injust if foreigners were treated better or worse than the natives.
of course drug dealing is a crime, if you consider the health effects, and the crimes it leads to when people are desperate for drugs.
drugs hurt people who use it, and people who have too much money who get robbed or killed just because some doped-up guy is craving for pot. drugs (with the exception of medical uses) have absolutely no benefits or purpose behind their existence, but in fact are harmful for both the individual and society. that's why it is a crime to deal drugs.
in australia, if someone committed murder or is convicted of drug dealing, they don't get the death penalty anyway, because it doesn't exist in our legal system. in other countries, it does. so deal with it.
lighter crimes are still crimes. if you stole a cd - hurting nobody - you're still going to get punished. just because the crime is light doesn't mean that it should be overlooked.

but generally, you're an idiot. :mad:

tattoodguy

pixy dust --- dont say i have no idea.

I know that there is a relationship between crime and drugs.

But say like extasy --- i dont know if their is a link...........is xtasy addictive?

I dont know for sure...but i would imagine --- alcohol coses more crime than xtasy.

And criminals - those who steal.......................but more parituclary those involved in violent crime.........should be the priority of our government and law enforcment.

Why should an innocent person (drug dealer) have to be sent to jail or executed just becuase our government is tooo fucking lazy to catch true criminals.

By wiping out drug dealers it will reduce other crimes - fine....but....Its unfair to blame drug dealers for the crimes of junkies etc.

Its not their fault.

If ur a fucking adult.........you gota take responsibility for urself.....junky or not.

If ur a fucking kid..and ur a fucking junky -- thats ur fault..and ur parents.

Why doesnt the government take responsibility for the profits it makes from....................gambling, alcohol and smoking.........

All of these things cause a shit load of problems tooo.

Alot of people commmit fruad etc....for gambling.

Smoking causes cancer.

Alcohol causes traffic accidents and fights etc.

Im not suggesting these should be banned............but drug dealers should be treated more leniently under the law. Especially when our governmetn profits from the same shit.

Seriously if you get busted with say a few grand of drugs...........they may send u to prison for ur first offence? thats not fucking reasonable.

The government is a fucking drug dealer.

All the shit the other person brought up ---- about oding and brain damage etc.................yeah taking drugs is a fucked thing to do.........but drug dealers dont hold a gun to yoru head.................. Drugs weeed out the weak peices of shit of society.

I dont hate junkies etc -- but its their own fault.....

Instead of putting drug addicts and dealers in jail......................they government should try and rehabilitate them.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tattoodguy said:
pixy dust --- dont say i have no idea.

I know that there is a relationship between crime and drugs.

But say like extasy --- i dont know if their is a link...........is xtasy addictive?

I dont know for sure...but i would imagine --- alcohol coses more crime than xtasy.

And criminals - those who steal.......................but more parituclary those involved in violent crime.........should be the priority of our government and law enforcment.

Why should an innocent person (drug dealer) have to be sent to jail or executed just becuase our government is tooo fucking lazy to catch true criminals.

By wiping out drug dealers it will reduce other crimes - fine....but....Its unfair to blame drug dealers for the crimes of junkies etc.

Its not their fault.

If ur a fucking adult.........you gota take responsibility for urself.....junky or not.

If ur a fucking kid..and ur a fucking junky -- thats ur fault..and ur parents.

Why doesnt the government take responsibility for the profits it makes from....................gambling, alcohol and smoking.........

All of these things cause a shit load of problems tooo.

Alot of people commmit fruad etc....for gambling.

Smoking causes cancer.

Alcohol causes traffic accidents and fights etc.

Im not suggesting these should be banned............but drug dealers should be treated more leniently under the law. Especially when our governmetn profits from the same shit.

Seriously if you get busted with say a few grand of drugs...........they may send u to prison for ur first offence? thats not fucking reasonable.

The government is a fucking drug dealer.

All the shit the other person brought up ---- about oding and brain damage etc.................yeah taking drugs is a fucked thing to do.........but drug dealers dont hold a gun to yoru head.................. Drugs weeed out the weak peices of shit of society.

I dont hate junkies etc -- but its their own fault.....

Instead of putting drug addicts and dealers in jail......................they government should try and rehabilitate them.
wtf?
i think you're under the impression that the government is prioritising drug-related crimes. relax, they're still catching murderers '-_- sheesh...

tattoodguy

stealing directly deprives someone of something --- it has a victim--der.

Sure there are victimless crimes...what should be punished --- i cant think of any right now... But hookering etc........that aint a fucking crime either -- it shouldnt be. Fucking isnt a crime --- buying things aint a fuckign crime -------so why is hoookering? Thats fucking government bull shit.

Most of you are dumb fucks in relation to this topic.....you believe all the shit our government puts in ur head......

Anyone heard of personal responsibility.

You guys are the reason why.....people can jump offf a clifff into an intch of water, break their backs and sue the council.

You guys are the reason why people eat fattty burgers at maccas, and then get fat and then sue maccas.

Its all the same shit. It comes down to personal fucking responsibility.

Just because our government says something is wrong........doesnt mean it really is...........and it doesnt mean it should be a crime.

Sky diving is risky --- driving a fucking car ---- eating fattty foood ---- jumping offf a clifff into water -- smoking --- drinking --------- they all have risks --- so does taking drugs ---------- Its up to the individual to decide to take those risks.

Sure we can make certain things illegal - but the punishment should fit the crime ---- smoking/alcohol and fattty fooods are alot more dangerous than some drugs.

Why shouldnt sky diving be illegal ---- its not that different to drugs...........its risky ---- and people just do it for fun........just like drugs..

Drug dealing isnt a voilent crime - they shoudlnt be locked up with violent offenders............that is a crime commited by our govnement........
Our government shoudl have no right to send harmlesss non voilent offenders into prisons with fucked up pychos.

Also drug taking is a very minor crime..............it doesnt justify laws giving police the right to search everyone......................that is fucked.

We shouldnt have to be molested to prevent insignificant crimes............random searches for drugs are a violation of our fucking rights.

tattoodguy

our government profits from drugs --- our govnerment is a drug dealer.

A large portion of the police and resources-- going to court and all that other shit.........is wasted on drugs...

If there wasting time.....with drugs ..............there obviously not on the street stopping voilent crime................. its not rocket science.

The first priority of the police should be to protect the public? not to enforce petty laws that hurt no body.

Last edited:

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
tattoodguy said:
stealing directly deprives someone of something --- it has a victim--der.

Sure there are victimless crimes...what should be punished --- i cant think of any right now... But hookering etc........that aint a fucking crime either -- it shouldnt be. Fucking isnt a crime --- buying things aint a fuckign crime -------so why is hoookering? Thats fucking government bull shit.

Most of you are dumb fucks in relation to this topic.....you believe all the shit our government puts in ur head......

Anyone heard of personal responsibility.

You guys are the reason why.....people can jump offf a clifff into an intch of water, break their backs and sue the council.

You guys are the reason why people eat fattty burgers at maccas, and then get fat and then sue maccas.

Its all the same shit. It comes down to personal fucking responsibility.

Just because our government says something is wrong........doesnt mean it really is...........and it doesnt mean it should be a crime.

Sky diving is risky --- driving a fucking car ---- eating fattty foood ---- jumping offf a clifff into water -- smoking --- drinking --------- they all have risks --- so does taking drugs ---------- Its up to the individual to decide to take those risks.

Sure we can make certain things illegal - but the punishment should fit the crime ---- smoking/alcohol and fattty fooods are alot more dangerous than some drugs.

Why shouldnt sky diving be illegal ---- its not that different to drugs...........its risky ---- and people just do it for fun........just like drugs..

Drug dealing isnt a voilent crime - they shoudlnt be locked up with violent offenders............that is a crime commited by our govnement........
Our government shoudl have no right to send harmlesss non voilent offenders into prisons with fucked up pychos.

Also drug taking is a very minor crime..............it doesnt justify laws giving police the right to search everyone......................that is fucked.

We shouldnt have to be molested to prevent insignificant crimes............random searches for drugs are a violation of our fucking rights.
personal responsibility right? well then shouldn't drug dealers be responsible for their own actions of bringing drugs into countries where there's a death penalty for the crime?
and by the way, if you swear at people you're trying to convince, nobody is going to want to agree with you.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
While i think it will be harsh if she recieves the death penalty but having said that when you enter a country you agree to follow their laws.

In answer to the question though, i don't think she is guilty.

tattoodguy

ur right about the swearing at pppple - sorrry.

yeah u agree to the laws...but laws should b reasonable.

i dont think she done it..............but there is more evidence against her.........than many cases in australia where people are found guilty -- .

yeah drug dealers should be responsible ------ for what they are doing ------------ selling drugs ----------------but they are not making junkies commit crimes.

At the moment the harshness of drug dealers sentences takes into account the crimes of junkies.......
Its bull shit.................its unjust.

Atleast can u guys agreee...........non voilent crims........shouldnt be inprisoned with voilent phychos?

and all minor crimes should be given ...suspended sentences/fines..rehabilitation etc...................rather than jail?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
[trent] said:
Chapelle Corby was the girl arrested last year in Bali for drug smuggling. She currently being trialed, and if she's found guilty the prosecutors have warned they will be seeking the maximum penalty - death by firing squad. For anyone's who's been following the story, she reckons she was set-up, that the 4.1 kg bag of pot found in her boogie-board bag was planted by airport officials, but all Balinese officials claim she admitted to having pot and tried to stop them opening the bag. I personally think she's guilty...what does everyone else think?
i don't think death penalty is an appropriate penalty. people quite easily plant drugs in other people's things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)