• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Schapelle Corby - Innocent or Gulity? (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
innocent until proven guilty...she may or may not have commited the crime, but i dont beleive the prosecution has presented enough evidence that shows the only possibility is that she commited the crime... they didnt even fingerprint the bag of weed... i reckon although they have some decent evidence, they havent shown enough and doubt is still in my mind.... as such, if i was a member of the jury i would have to find her innocent wether or not i beleived she commited the crime

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
zahid said:
hahaha...yes anything 4 you.....however she is not innocent!!!!!
ok.. well, obviously i can't say for sure that she is... '-_-
but she shouldn't be convicted because where is the evidence? :eek:
her innocence could have been proven by surveillance tapes (which were thrown out) and the absense of her fingerprints on the bag of marijuana (which the custom officers touched all over then declared they couldn't test for fingerprints) '-_-
if she really wanted to smuggle drugs she wouldn't have put it in such an obvious place. and besides, apparently marijuana is cheaper in bali :p but that's not the point. lol.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
if she really wanted to smuggle drugs she wouldn't have put it in such an obvious place.
Thus, proving she is ONE stupid bitch.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
zahid said:
Thus, proving she is ONE stupid bitch.
OR.. that she's innocent :)

well bali people there are apparently fascinated by her :p they think she's gorgeous.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
ok.. well, obviously i can't say for sure that she is... '-_-
but she shouldn't be convicted because where is the evidence? :eek:
From what I've seen it's all rather simple (to the Indonesians anyway) :

1) Marajuana is illegal in Indonesia, and the smuggling of Marajuana is a crime punishable by death.

2) There was marajuana in Corby's bag. (This is your evidence Dreamerish*~ :p)

3) She was bringing marajuana into the country, she was smuggling marajuana. Therefore she is guilty of smuggling marajuana. (Screw trials)

4) Onus is on Corby to prove her innocence.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:
OR.. that she's innocent :)

well bali people there are apparently fascinated by her :p they think she's gorgeous.

BHWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Sorry I could not resist.

mahuligan

HSC
she looks incredibly shifty..so i say shes guilty, based on her appearence

considering that we dont actually have any proper details we cant really make a judgement on her guilt or innocence ..we only know whats been presented to us by the media.

if she is proven to be guilty i think she should suffer the full consequences of the indonesian law

HSC
mahuligan said:
she looks incredibly shifty..so i say shes guilty, based on her appearence

considering that we dont actually have any proper details we cant really make a judgement on her guilt or innocence ..we only know whats been presented to us by the media.

if she is proven to be guilty i think she should suffer the full consequences of the indonesian law
Thank fuck you're not running the trial.

tattoodguy

i think she is not guilty but there is some evidence ie the big bag of drugs.

i get the media hype because she could face death etc...

but why doesn tthe media look in australian courts........there would be heaps more similiar examples of injustice --------where people are convicted with far lesss evidence.

do you think its just about the death penalty?
or do you think there is so much interest..........because of the injustice and the fact most ppple believe she is innocent??

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
tattoodguy said:
i think she is not guilty but there is some evidence ie the big bag of drugs.

i get the media hype because she could face death etc...??

Please read.....She will not be facing the death penalty anymore.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Hmmmmmmmm....

None of us actually knows whether she's guilty or not. But, you know, all the media attention and drama.... kinda reminds me of the movie 'Chicago'. Anyone's watched that? Great movie, btw. Love the music. :p

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/World/This-is-the-end-of-my-life/2005/04/21/1114028489301.html

This is gut-wrenching stuff. Imagine your whole life being taken away from you at such a young age. You can see the anguish in her eyes.

If she is found guilty, it is truly a travesty. The Australian government should be doing more to help her.

I mean, what have they done to help her! Nothing!

And what about this kind of bullshit that the prosecutor said:

"the defendant has ruined the image of Bali as a tourist destination and created the image that Bali is a haven for narcotics distribution, ruined the mentality of youngsters"

like, WTF?

The only thing that has ruined my opinion of Bali as a tourist destination is that fact that if some bastard planted drugs in your suitcase you would be dragged through the same hell as Schapelle and have your life placed in the hands of the shonky Indonesian legal system where you are guilty until proven innocent.

It's complete and utter BS and the Australian government should be ashamed of their efforts to help. It will be Australia's fault just as much as Indonesia if Schapelle's life is ruined.... as much crucial evidence was erased on our side of the ocean as theirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)