scholarships (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, they look for people with leadership experience/volunteer work etc etc.

I'll be applying for UNSW co-op, malcolm chaikin, RTA scholarship for civil engineering, a female in civil engineering one at USyd and pretty much anything i can apply for XD
Apply for bloody everything you can! There's no real loss if you don't get it, just disappointment for an hour or two :p. On the other hand, if you do win a scholarship... BINGO! COWABUNGA! lol

I will be applying for every scholarship I am allowed to apply for... which i believe I have counted about 9 I can apply for (about 4 just because I live in a rural area! w00t)

Dumbledore

HSC
what is a "sufficient" amount of extra curriclar activites u need to do to have a chance at this kind of stuff? anyone willing to provide an example of the stuff they've put down?

mckensara

HSC
holy mfker... 97.55?!

haha, I'm probably going there for B Maths & Finance and B Arts in International Studies, only my cut off is at 83.45 ... any idea which country though?
yeah Italian, the course looks so good

but hey you never know, i might hang around these forums 3 years after my HSC like all the cool kids do so i can feel good about myself as i attempt to make fun of others over the internet

Last edited:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
is that true that u have very less chance to get co-op if u didn't do outside stuff such as SRC, debating etc, even u get ATAR 96+?
Got this from http://www.unsw.edu.au/images/sad/CoopCA09.pdf, they showed it at the co-op lecture at the UNSW Open Day as well:

Academic results are a benchmark but Scholars are selected on personal qualities/leadership/motivation. This includes depth/breath of involvement and more particularly what they have maintained during their final 2 years at high school.

Some facts about the 2009 Starting Scholars
- 10% from a rural area
- 16% School Captains
- 30% have been involved with SRC
- 34% School Prefects
- 44% female – 56% male
- 60% regularly involved in community service or volunteering
- interviews where some students had up to interviews)
- 70% part time jobs

Many involved in regular sport/music/other clubs with some performing at a high level in sport and music, two are returning from a GAP year, 6 have Gold Duke of Edinburgh (+2 currently completing). Various youth leadership positions/committee positions held etc. Plus a range of Academic competitions and awards.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I have got this scenario that you may briefly consider and present your opinion for.

Let's say my friend loves USYD alot and he really doesn't like Macquarie much. Just in case, he put in his scholarship applications to both Uni and earnt 12000 a year scholarship for Macquarie but didn't get any scholarship for USYD.

Let's say the degree that he can get into for both USYD and Macquarie are of similar calibre.

If you are in this situation, which uni would you go? USYD or Macquarie?

shady145

Banned
HSC
Hey guys, I have got this scenario that you may briefly consider and present your opinion for.

Let's say my friend loves USYD alot and he really doesn't like Macquarie much. Just in case, he put in his scholarship applications to both Uni and earnt 12000 a year scholarship for Macquarie but didn't get any scholarship for USYD.

Let's say the degree that he can get into for both USYD and Macquarie are of similar calibre.

If you are in this situation, which uni would you go? USYD or Macquarie?
is this you namu? lol, depends on finance status, for mine, i would go Macquarie XD

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Tip to you guys : Apply for any scholarship yo ucan find, you'll get one guaranteed.

hoecake

HSC
alrite so to all theses sick kents going for co-op...

whats ur credentials? i wanna see what im stacked against

untouchablecuz

HSC
Tip to you guys : Apply for any scholarship yo ucan find, you'll get one guaranteed.
wachya talking 'bout willis

also, for the past 3 years ive been working part time in the same fast food franchise (2-3 shifts per week). will this go a long way? in terms of the co-op scholarship

HSC
hi i was just wondering if anyone knew if colleges esp st patricks business college have scholarships?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
wachya talking 'bout willis

also, for the past 3 years ive been working part time in the same fast food franchise (2-3 shifts per week). will this go a long way? in terms of the co-op scholarship
companies give out scholarships like no tomorrow.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
nah didn't apply.

got lazy

kinda regret it. my mate with 70 uai got one haha

blackforest

HSC
state departments e.g. NSW dept of education or whatever tend to give out heaps of scholarships as well i heard. they pay for your uni fees and such, then u go and work for them. then after working for them, they can give you another scholarship to get your masters or PhD or whatever. not sure on the details but thats roughly what happens. they probably make you sign a contract or something.

Brizzo

HSC
IES
AES (free points)
UNSW Elite Athlete(free points)
Access and merit scholarship (Usyd)
UNSW co op

Winn

HSC
OMG I just realised...are the coop interview offers supposed to be out today?! :O totally forgot!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)