Votes: 54 62.8%
  • Its a good idea

Votes: 32 37.2%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
squeenie said:
Yeah. You have a really good point there. I'd rather have my kids listen to a chaplain than listen to some corporate crap. But I think if corporations would just behave themselves (which unfortunately, they don't), they wouldn't have to be seen as a threat.
Ultimately, it's not up to the directors. The market dictates what must be said and done to grab out attention - and that is a race to the sewers
Exphate, sure, ideally the Church could revive itself, but the point here is that the State recognises that it needs the Church. It's in their interests that the Church be part of their efforts to mould the breed. It is a titanic battle against the banality of the market. Church and State are shoulder to shoulder in this struggle for doomed youth

squeenie

And goodness knows...
HSC
Iron said:
Ultimately, it's not up to the directors. The market dictates what must be said and done to grab out attention - and that is a race to the sewers
Exphate, sure, ideally the Church could revive itself, but the point here is that the State recognises that it needs the Church. It's in their interests that the Church be part of their efforts to mould the breed. It is a titanic battle against the banality of the market. Church and State are shoulder to shoulder in this struggle for doomed youth
So you're saying that the Church and the State should somehow work together in this... It all sounds so good in theory, but do you think people are going to like the idea of the Church and State working together? So many people think they should be kept separate, seeing either one as being an evil that interferes with the other. I'm not religious or anything, but if they're making a good effort from both sides, I don't see why they shouldn't work together.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Translation for Nolan, and all those interested:

Money for chaplains is more important than money for textbooks.

Hell, just as long as our children grow up loving Christ! They don't need anyother knowledge!
actually i was saying textbooks.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
No, you gave a roundabout answer, saying a "relationship" with Chris most important, then said, if the school needs textbooks "it should be catered for". You have not given a definitive answer as to whether the priority should be textbooks or chaplains.

It's a one word answer being saught.
no i said:
I think however that if a school can not afford textbooks, then that should be catered for.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
My paraphrasing doesn't change the message. You still place preference on religion, and think that textbook funding "should be catered for" as oppose to being a priority. Lets examine shall we?

greatest
adjective
highest in quality

Learn the meanings of your words before you use them.
I was saying that is the greatest need of everyone however what i was trying to say is that in a school environment textbooks should be provided. If that means not having a chaplain like i said is a good idea, i am not saying we must have one, then so be it.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
You are absolutely delusional, if you believe anyone would read "I think the greatest need of anybody is to come in to a relationship with christ.
I think however that if a school can not afford textbooks, then that should be catered for." as "If the school needs money for textbooks, and will not have a chaplain as a result, then go for the textbooks"

But fuck, you keep saying "textbooks SHOULD be provided". SHOULD? Haha. MUST. Textbooks MUST be provided. You know how hard it is to teach a class when there aren't enough textbooks to go around?

Once more, I thank you for this free comedy performance.
should be provided.... as in they are not provided in some schools but they should be. what is wrong with that?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ChockoRepublic said:
its* come on exphate, don't insult people and then make a mistake yourself. it makes you look bad.
i completely agree.

Fine then if should is such a bad word that has lost it's meaning

textbooks MUST be in school, but the sad reality is instead of kevin rudd promising laptops for all students in which he goes back on anyway he should of promised textbooks for each student and not gone back on that promise, they must have textbooks.

when i said religion was a priority exphate i meant in life not nessersarily in schools,

Like i said good idea not a must though.

HSC
Exphate said:
Hahaha. Oh no. Ive gone and done it now havent I.

My mistake with it's being written as its gone and completely changed her agrumens!
now try in english.

HSC
Exphate said:
Now*
English*

We can play this game all day if you like.
relax exphate, im not agreeing with that emy girl nor am i agreeing with you. it's just that you were conplaining about her using incorrect words, and then in ur posts you had words which were incorrect.

lets get over this. yes?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
Hahaha fuck.

You are talking about in life, when directly questioned about something relevant to WITHIN SCHOOL, in a thread that is talking about chaplaincy IN SCHOOLS?

Way to completely change the ball park.

But run with that too!

Religion is greater than access to food, water and shelter.

Kguys.
IMO, and because of my beliefs

I would rather die of starvation at 17 and be in a relationship with God, then die at 80, and of had a rich wealthy existance and be an athiest

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
IMO, and because of my beliefs

I would rather die of starvation at 17 and be in a relationship with God, then die at 80, and of had a rich wealthy existance and be an athiest
omg ur pretty crazy. ahaha. ur really weird u noe that?

if i offered you $1 billion dollars to say 'god is a fucking wanker cunt', would you?

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ChockoRepublic said:
omg ur pretty crazy. ahaha. ur really weird u noe that?

if i offered you $1 billion dollars to say 'god is a fucking wanker cunt', would you?
no.

I don't mind been weird :)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
ChockoRepublic said:
WTTFFFFF YOU WOULDN"T SAY IT IF I OFFERED YOU 1 BILLION DOLLARS?!?!@?!?!

:lol:

crazy!
No i wouldn't

money is going to be destroyed God, is not.

I don't mind been called crazy either

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
Exphate said:
What about being rich, 80 and having a relationship with God?

Edit: Although, I must say, if you are born into a life without food or whatever, I doubt highly that one would make it to 17.

Again, changed the ballpark. Not talking about you, talking about humankind.
that would be ok.

That was in reply to when you said about the more important then food thing.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
ChockoRepublic said:
WTTFFFFF YOU WOULDN"T SAY IT IF I OFFERED YOU 1 BILLION DOLLARS?!?!@?!?!

:lol:

crazy!
Nah she's not crazy. She's a Christian and :
Matthew 10:33 (New King James Version)
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
*TRUE* said:
Nah she's not crazy. She's a Christian and :
Matthew 10:33 (New King James Version)
33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.
exactly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)