School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

impervious182

HSC
rasengan90 said:
I am getting paranoid too. I received two letters addressed to me today but neither was from USYD. DAMN YOU UAC!
Same. Mine was from ANU.

impervious182

HSC
solomarc20 said:
Did they? Hmmmm, must've missed that bit then...
lol. well they've obviously accepted yours... so I wouldn't worry. They said that any extra documentation would be discarded and not considered.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
If you arts students are worried, y don't u give the scholarships office a ring?

9351 2717

rasengan90

HSC
solomarc20 said:
If you arts students are worried, y don't u give the scholarships office a ring?

9351 2717
Geez, maybe we don't want to sound desperate. Checking the mail box every three hours is marginally less desperate.

solomarc20

*Yawn
HSC
N/A
rasengan90 said:
Geez, maybe we don't want to sound desperate. Checking the mail box every three hours is marginally less desperate.
Haha. U'd prob b able 2 find out quicker though. Ah well, it's entirely up 2 u

impervious182

HSC
solomarc20 said:

9351 2717
good idea. I emailed them then. I'll tell you guys what the lady says.

Oh and while we wait, I was just reading this from Syd. Uni. Scholarship website:

End November

The Scholarships and Prizes Office write to all non short listed applicants to advise that they have not been successful.

All short listed applicants should be contacted by the Faculty they have applied in at this time to confirm that they have been short listed.

If you do not receive any notification at this time, please contact the Scholarships and Prizes Office.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Applied for the Arts Faculty. Got my rejection letter.

Congrats Danz90! :D

rasengan90

HSC
Kujah said:
Nice try anyway, its really competitive. Thanks for letting us know someone has heard back about arts. Maybe this means everybody else will hear back in the next day or two.

impervious182

HSC
Kujah said:
Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. If it's any consolation, I probably won't get a scholarship either. :)

When did you get your letter? I wonder if I'll recieve my rejection letter today!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Lol, I hope you guys do get it! :) Um, I actually got my letter a couple of days ago and I just came by this thread. Hopefully the delay means good news for you guys.

impervious182

HSC
Kujah said:
Lol, I hope you guys do get it! :) Um, I actually got my letter a couple of days ago and I just came by this thread. Hopefully the delay means good news for you guys.
For me it just means that international post is slow. haha. Oh BTW was the letter dated? Maybe we can deduce how long it will take from that!?!?

rasengan90

HSC
Well I live in Toongabbie so it may mean the mailman was shanked.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
The letter's dated 19 November 2008, but I received the letter on the last days of November~

impervious182

HSC
Oh... then that's not the reason why mine is so late... damn... it only takes 4 or 5 days to get to me.

impervious182

HSC
bump.... and my paranoi has reached an all new level. I can;'t even leave BoS or go out to do excercise for fear I'll miss some exciting news... or disappointing news.

rasengan90

HSC
Well you will only get the news by mail, if your mail has already come today then off you pop and have some fun until tomorrow's painful wait.

impervious182

HSC
rasengan90 said:
Well you will only get the news by mail, if your mail has already come today then off you pop and have some fun until tomorrow's painful wait.
I wish it were that simple. The mail comes twice daily in Singapore. I didn't know this until my mum told me this morning. Stupid efficient Singaporeans. lol. :(

rani.g.

HSC
I swear, that letter better come before the weekend. There is such a slim chance on my being shortlisted, and an even slimmer chance of getting the marks - but I just want to know and get it over with!

....wow...we do sound kind of desperate.lol.

impervious182

HSC
rani.g. said:
I swear, that letter better come before the weekend. There is such a slim chance on my being shortlisted, and an even slimmer chance of getting the marks - but I just want to know and get it over with!

....wow...we do sound kind of desperate.lol.
just a little.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)