School Leavers Scholarships (1 Viewer)

rasengan90

HSC
We're arts students. This is how we roll. Just for interest, what courses are you guys applying for?

danz90

HSC
Kujah said:
Applied for the Arts Faculty. Got my rejection letter.

Congrats Danz90! :D
Thanks so much!

Such a bummer you didn't get through.. :(

For others' info, my letter was dated 2 December, so any people that have applied for Pharm should have gotten their letter today, or very, very soon.

Alex, I think that since you live in Singapore, don't get so anxious that it hasn't arrived. They might have sent it by Econ. Air Mail, which takes up to like 2 weeks, or it could've been airmail, which takes around 5-6 days. And since there are some people already with rejection letters, Kujah said it was dated 19th nov, I'd reckon that this delay is in the positive for you. Most likely scenario is that the Arts faculty is taking some time to send out their acceptance letters, while the Scholarships & prizes office was quick in sending out rejection letters.

rani.g.

HSC
rasengan90 said:
We're arts students. This is how we roll. Just for interest, what courses are you guys applying for?
Ha ha - we are *almost* arts students. I'm applying to major in English. You?

rani.g.

HSC
danz90 said:
Most likely scenario is that the Arts faculty is taking some time to send out their acceptance letters, while the Scholarships & prizes office was quick in sending out rejection letters.
I like your logic, my friend!

danz90

HSC
rani.g. said:
I like your logic, my friend!
Hahah, well that's the most likely situation. Most people here got rejection letters, before people got acceptance letters.
Then again, the Faculties have other work on their hands, while the Scholarships & Prizes Office have only 1 job.. so it would be logical for rejection letters to be sent out before the acceptance letters from the faculties are. AND.. from reading posts in this subforum, Usyd Arts Faculty is pretty slow allround lol.

Good lucK!
:)

impervious182

HSC
danz90 said:
Hahah, well that's the most likely situation. Most people here got rejection letters, before people got acceptance letters.
Then again, the Faculties have other work on their hands, while the Scholarships & Prizes Office have only 1 job.. so it would be logical for rejection letters to be sent out before the acceptance letters from the faculties are. AND.. from reading posts in this subforum, Usyd Arts Faculty is pretty slow allround lol.

Good lucK!
:)
Thanks and I hope so, but I'm not going to get too hopeful. Otherwise i'll feel really bad if I don't get one. lol.

Good reasoning though.

International and Global Studies/ Law as well as a few other combinations... though I'll never get into this one, because it requires a 99.55 UAI. haha.

rani.g.

HSC
Ouch! You never know though, you might get it. My first preference is BA(Advanced)(Honours) and requires a 98.6 - so I can totally appreciate the oh-well-but-slightly-hopeful tone of your 'ha, ha, ha'. Otherwise I should be fine with an 83 for a BA!

impervious182

HSC
rani.g. said:
Ouch! You never know though, you might get it. My first preference is BA(Advanced)(Honours) and requires a 98.6 - so I can totally appreciate the oh-well-but-slightly-hopeful tone of your 'ha, ha, ha'. Otherwise I should be fine with an 83 for a BA!
When I was typing it, it was in an 'oh-well-but-slightly-hopeful tone'... haha. (see... did it again) Prospective Art students just know each other so well... lol.

cm90

HSC
i got shortlisted for the pharmacy faculty but my stat results haven't arrived and i think i did VERY poorly in it...so :( what a waste... :(

danz90

HSC
cm90 said:
i got shortlisted for the pharmacy faculty but my stat results haven't arrived and i think i did VERY poorly in it...so :( what a waste... :(
Congrats on getting shortlisted for Pharm, like me!

Don't worry, It's very likely you got at least 150/200 in STAT ;)

rasengan90

HSC
I'm going for a BArts Languages, but the UAI for it is about 98.6 so my second choice is Global and International Studies. The BA advanced looks like quite a difficult course. What made you want to do that?

cm90

HSC
danz90 said:
Congrats on getting shortlisted for Pharm, like me!

Don't worry, It's very likely you got at least 150/200 in STAT ;)
i found the test very hard! i would be so suprised if i got 150...

rani.g.

HSC
Damn, no letter today - no mail until monday...the Arts faculty sure knows how to build suspense.
rasengan90 said:
I'm going for a BArts Languages, but the UAI for it is about 98.6 so my second choice is Global and International Studies. The BA advanced looks like quite a difficult course. What made you want to do that?
Basically it would be great to do honours in 3 instead of 4 years, then I could move onto more post-grad stuff and just generally challenge and extend myself. I think the only harder thing about it is that you have a greater workload and take on some senior units of study before everyone else.

What language/s are you planning to major in? Global and International studies looks so good - if I were more politically astute I would so go for it.

impervious182

HSC
Rani.g, you should email the Arts Faculty.

I got a reply today - they told me that I've been shortlisted! Yay. :D

We should find out whether or not we get a scholarship by the end of December.

Good luck! I would ring them or email them to get the suspense out of the way... takes away some of the paranoia.

rani.g.

HSC
Congratulations Alex - that is terrific! I think I will take your advice and take the initiative to find out myself. :)

rasengan90

HSC
I gave in to my desperation and called. I was also shortlisted! Booyah!

rasengan90

HSC
Oh definitely. You should give them a ring now, they're still open. Good luck.

rasengan90

HSC
rani.g. said:
Basically it would be great to do honours in 3 instead of 4 years, then I could move onto more post-grad stuff and just generally challenge and extend myself. I think the only harder thing about it is that you have a greater workload and take on some senior units of study before everyone else.

What language/s are you planning to major in? Global and International studies looks so good - if I were more politically astute I would so go for it.
Yeah, the workload was why I thought the advanced BA sounded pretty daunting. Good luck with that. :)

I am planning to major in Japanese and possibly pick up another language, maybe German because it appeals to my laziness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)