School Leavers Scholarships (2 Viewers)

impervious182

HSC
rasengan90 said:
I gave in to my desperation and called. I was also shortlisted! Booyah!
Brilliant. That's fantastic! I'm happy for you.

Now we only need rani.g to get shortlisted. :D

Even if we don't actually get the scholarships though, at least we will most likely get into Sydney Uni. I can't wait. This sounds lame, but they've got a very good debating team there.

And yeah, I'm thinking of continuing with German (not because i'm lazy though. haha. it gets quite hard later on). Hopefully I'll be able to pick up either Mandarin or French later as well, though I don;'t think I'll have enough time.

The only problem with a language is that it's so stressful to learn. What with the many speaking, listening and writing exams, as well as presentations that must be given in a foreign language. It's just stress, stress, stress - which I don't really want for Uni.

Yeah, I want to try and get honours too. Though it will all depend on how much effort is required, because I also want to enjoy myself by joining a few organisations.

rasengan90

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Brilliant. That's fantastic! I'm happy for you.

Now we only need rani.g to get shortlisted. :D

Even if we don't actually get the scholarships though, at least we will most likely get into Sydney Uni. I can't wait. This sounds lame, but they've got a very good debating team there.

And yeah, I'm thinking of continuing with German (not because i'm lazy though. haha. it gets quite hard later on). Hopefully I'll be able to pick up either Mandarin or French later as well, though I don;'t think I'll have enough time.

The only problem with a language is that it's so stressful to learn. What with the many speaking, listening and writing exams, as well as presentations that must be given in a foreign language. It's just stress, stress, stress - which I don't really want for Uni.

Yeah, I want to try and get honours too. Though it will all depend on how much effort is required, because I also want to enjoy myself by joining a few organisations.
I bet she'll make it if she hasn't got a rejection letter yet. I think the arts faculty is just too lazy and unorganised to actually tell us we were shortlisted.

Yeah, from what I can see Sydney has a whole bunch of societies that look good.

What part of German is it that you find hard? I thought it would be a good one to learn because of the similar grammar to English and some similar vocabulary. After learning Japanese for 4 years which is a language so far removed from English I just want any European language. Languages are stressful to learn but I also find it rewarding in a lot of ways so I guess you just have to take the good with the bad.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomomgggggggggggggg just got a letter!

I got shortlisted for a scholarship in the Faculty of Pharmacy for 2009! Woooooooot!

I'm ecstatic. Does this mean that now all I have to do is get the required UAI?
no

they shortlist more ppl than they have places for

the shortlist is in order (or getting ordered in the next 2 weeks), anybody who does not get a UAI of 95 is dropped from the list

One's UAI Does not matter, as long as it is abov e 95, ie getting 99.55 will not move u up the list and getting a UAI of 95.30 will not move u down

They shortlist more ppl incase some reject, some dont make it into their course, etc...

i got shortlisted for eco and business

Last edited:

danz90

HSC
Pwnage101 said:
no

they shortlist more ppl than they have places for

the shortlist is in order (or getting ordered in the next 2 weeks), anybody who does not get a UAI of 95 is dropped from the list

One's UAI Does not matter, as long as it is abov e 95, ie getting 99.55 will not move u up the list and getting a UAI of 95.30 will not move u down

They shortlist more ppl incase some reject, some dont make it into their course, etc...

i got shortlisted for eco and business
ohhh k

so then how do they determine whether they are to award a merit or entry scholarship?

Debbo

HSC
Hey Alexdore, did you happen to atted THIMUN Singapore last year?

Zephyrio

HSC
I got shortlisted for the USYD arts scholarship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call 0286278450 to confirm!

rani.g.

HSC
Oh yeah! Shortlisted for Arts Faculty!

(now I've just got to get 95+.....)

Well done Zephyro!

Debbo

HSC
Wooh! I'm joining the shortlisted for Arts club!

Well done to everyone!

:lol:

Debbo

HSC
alexdore993 said:
Yep. You too?
I thought your name sounded familiar! I was part of the aussie delegation, I think I was Zambia. It was me and Claire (blonde one). Are you in Aus now or Singapore?

impervious182

HSC
Debbo said:
I thought your name sounded familiar! I was part of the aussie delegation, I think I was Zambia. It was me and Claire (blonde one). Are you in Aus now or Singapore?
I remember, I think. :)

One of you called Kevin Rudd a 'media-whore' and the name's stuck ever since. hehe... I come back to Sydney later this month.

What are you thinking of studying at Sydney Uni?

Debbo

HSC
Hopefully Law/International Studies . Oh god, I guess we'll see in a week!!! *heart attack*

And yourself?

meteora33

HSC
Just got back from schoolies and found out i got shortlisted for Pharmacy faculty so pretty happy with that. =]

Dan2008

HSC
Has anyone applying for Arts recieved a letter saying they're shortlisted? Or have you just been told over the phone?

rasengan90

HSC
Dan2008 said:
Has anyone applying for Arts recieved a letter saying they're shortlisted? Or have you just been told over the phone?
Over the phone. The arts faculty is taking their sweet time sending out the letters.

mudcake42

HSC
haha well done guys. for some reason I read every single page of this ... probably amused and intrigued by your desperation hahaha

hope you guys get in, i'll seeya at sydney too!

jenecis

HSC
lyounamu said:
my friend got scholarship, i am so happy for him!!!
Wow, congrats to him! When and how did he find out? Phone, email, letter?

danz90

HSC
Apparently they're calling people.
vmoore got called up by Veterinary Sciences.. he got Entry scholarship :D

I'm so nervous... I so badly want a POSITIVE phonecall from Pharmacy faculty tomorrow............

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)