Sci-Fi (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
Who loves sci-fi, and I mean the purist sort like that published in the magazines of the 30's and 40's.

pman

Banned
HSC
It means none of the mass produced stuff often published today where to author only seems to no about 5 words ands its really a different genre set 5 minutes in the future

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
IDK I think that kind of writing is more prevalent in the Fantasy genre.

Fyi, I read hard sci-fi, space opera, that kind of stuff. Is that what you're referring to by "purist" sort?

pman

Banned
HSC
kway reads the right stuff, the TV shows are okay but no-where near as good as books, having said this, I would never miss a dr Who ep

X

xeuyrawp

I read all sci-fi, really.
Who loves sci-fi, and I mean the purist sort like that published in the magazines of the 30's and 40's.
'purist'...?

Do you realise that at the time, the stuff published in magazines was thought to be trash?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I read a bit of John Wyndham from time to time. Does that count?

pman

Banned
HSC
I read all sci-fi, really.

'purist'...?

Do you realise that at the time, the stuff published in magazines was thought to be trash?
It was thought to be trash by the mainstream reader...this was because, at the time, Sci-Fi was a fringe movement

Abendroth

HSC
Speaking of "fringe movement", I've got say I'm a big fan of Fringe. That's one seriously awesome show. I love me some sci-fi. Personal favorite at the moment is Battlestar Galactica.

quackerdile

HSC
I wouldn't say purist but I do have a small collection of sci fi books. My favourite sci fi novel would have to be The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I just love the story and the humour in the novel.

Has anyone ever read anything by Philip K. Dick?
Yes, my personal favourite of his is "Do androids dream of electric sheep", really great book although I was surprised at how quickly it took me to finish since it normally takes me weeks to finish a book this one took me 2 days.
Speaking of "fringe movement", I've got say I'm a big fan of Fringe. That's one seriously awesome show. I love me some sci-fi. Personal favorite at the moment is Battlestar Galactica.
I enjoy Fringe, I think its a fun watch. I also really enjoyed Battlestar Galactica (both the original and the remake).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)