Science degrees cost less in 2009! (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Just as I finish my science degree. Bastards :mad1:

Oh well, at least my current degree is free.

lou071

HSC
N/A
so does this mean if you choose subject from science faculty, less money you need to pay compared to last year?

lou071

HSC
N/A
where can i access the drop out rate for Bachelor of Science Advanced?
or do you know the drop out rate for Bachelor of Science Advanced?

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
So if the fees from previous years are indexed according to inflation or whatever (rise), does this mean that our fees from previous years are now lowered? Yeah, didn't think so. :(

sirfeathers

HSC
Am i right in assuming this does not include engineering? :(
the drops in fee bands are for science courses ie. the specific subjects you enrol in. so even if you are doing an engineering degree, any courses you take from the science faculty will be cheaper. the courses you take that are offered by the engineering faculty will be more expensive (i'm not sure how much).

BigDk

HSC
Nah, it does. They don't price courses differently based on the year you enrolled.

wrong it only applies for new students

and u cant get around it by un-enrolling and re-enrolling. e.g b sci (UTS) ->b sci at (UNSW)

if you got from a b.arts to b.sci then u will get the discount rates.

BigDk

HSC
The Federal Government has introduced a number of incentives to encourage the study of maths and science at university level. These include reducing the HECS contribution for new maths and science students from the current maximum annual student contribution rate of $7,412 to $4,162 from 1 January 2009.

BigDk

HSC
News | The University of Sydney

read it carefully it says "starting" they dont emphasis it so many people will miss that detail

i cant find the hecs table rates atm, but on that it shows 2 rates for science courses in 2009, new students and students who enrolled pre2009.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)