SDD Major Project Ideas (1 Viewer)

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
no really , i was just playing around and i made a simple maths questionarre thing , says a question , put your answer in a textbox click the next button
goes to the next question

all done through a few IF Statements
:D

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Seraph
no really , i was just playing around and i made a simple maths questionarre thing , says a question , put your answer in a textbox click the next button
goes to the next question

all done through a few IF Statements
:D
Hmmm you'd probably be better off witha Case mutli-way selection, rather than using all these IF THEN selections. Case statements make code neater if there's more than 3 choices.

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
IF THEN ELSE has too much code if ur gonna use heaps of it jus use casewhere

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
im gonnd dao something on flash, cos i love flash too much....and i also made a flash authored website :D

Seraph

HSC
N/A
I have a question , does a system representation come under Identifying the problem or Design specifications
Because i know algorithhms and so forth does but isnt system represnetation just an overview of your system (e.g using dataflow diagram) and therefore it coems under defining the problem?

Also Could i take 4th/march 2004 to 5th April as 4 weeks on a gantt chart?
And one more thing , for the system representation if i was doing a quiz game (with different levels accessed by completing one and so forth) , what would be the best diagram to use??

Winston

HSC

Also Could i take 4th/march 2004 to 5th April as 4 weeks on a gantt chart?
And one more thing , for the system representation if i was doing a quiz game (with different levels accessed by completing one and so forth) , what would be the best diagram to use??
Yes i'm sure you can do that with a Gantt Chart, what tool u using for your Gantt Chart?, i used MS Project for mine....

Maybe a storyboard, would be good for that.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
uhhhh

Im using Excel for my gantt chart lol

Seraph

HSC
N/A
well it has nice columns and rows

Seraph

HSC
N/A
Hmm so the gantt chart is basically my scheduled tasks.. but what if you deviate from the schedule?? its just like a prediction of when tasks are to be completed.. etc is it????

and ugh i dont think ill do a storyboard , i'll have to screen dump my screen everytime it moves to a new question

Last edited:

Winston

HSC
Hmm so the gantt chart is basically my scheduled tasks.. but what if you deviate from the schedule?? its just like a prediction of when tasks are to be completed.. etc is it????

and ugh i dont think ill do a storyboard , i'll have to screen dump my screen everytime it moves to a new question

Yes it shows in each row a task, tasks can be running parallel to one and other, and you should also have some form of legend to indicate minor changes or big milestones, like a completion of a certain module. and your gantt chart should show what you have originally then as time progress's say you had Module A to be completed by friday, but you completed it on Wednesday you leave the friday and also add a comment and say that it was completed earlier than scheduled.

Storyboards, i fink u have a total mix up with that, storyboards aren't screen shots, screenshots will more than likely fall under "Screen Designs", storyboards show the flow of each screen, it has minimal detail, all it has is the name of what that particular dialog or window will be, and you would have the main buttons which change the flow of the screen, a typical one will be a step-by-step wizard process, obviously the Back and the Next button will be the core buttons which control the flow of it... and it's a good example of a Linear type storyboard.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
right but cant the screen dumps be used to show the flow of each screen like my screens for my program arent really develo0ped however they have the buttons that indicate the sections so its kind of convenient.......

Winston

HSC
right but cant the screen dumps be used to show the flow of each screen like my screens for my program arent really develo0ped however they have the buttons that indicate the sections so its kind of convenient.......
but that's not really what a storyboard is... i mean u cant say u wanna use VB code as psuedocode for your algorithms, because it's not correct. Just draw boxes up in paint, and then do the basic buttons and draw lines to link them up etc.

Merforga

Microsoft Project is excellent for making Gantt Charts and the like...it is a bit hard to get though....as for my major this year...im thinking of making a server client program to do with network control ^^

Seraph

HSC
N/A
hmm what version of MS Project do u guys use?

Winston

HSC
hmm what version of MS Project do u guys use?
I used MS Project 2003, since i was BETA testing it last yr.

Seraph

HSC
N/A
well im using 2003 atm , wow um.... it makes your Gantt Chart really complex

Lol i hope the teacher can understand this!! , i mean its not liek they can mark us down for using a pretty much automated gantt chart making program

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)