SDD Major Project Ideas (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
It'll be Bohairic. Focussing on reading and writing the liturgical dialect of Coptic. :)

- Due Wednesday :'(

PimpMyNoob

HSC
Ok ok well i finished my majorwork a few weeks back - i made mine in Real Basic - similar idea tho - i made a game called bricks, algorithms where not all that hard to do but they could go into alot of depth - this is only a idea dont take it if you dont want it:rofl:

Dongle

HSC
Sorry if it's been said already, but how about a number guessing game with different levels of difficulty? Use the srand function in C++ for it. I did it and I got 30/30. Maybe it's too simple, but I suck at programming anyway.

Btw, if you're wondering about why I've done HSC SDD when my HSC is in 2008, it is because Iim finishing the accelerated course this year.

Dee Jess

HSC
Dongle said:
Btw, if you're wondering about why I've done HSC SDD when my HSC is in 2008, it is because Iim finishing the accelerated course this year.
Well, since we're boasting .... ^_~

My HSC is actually in 2009, but I'm doing the SDD HSC now ;) My teacher was the head of curriculum and he moved me up .... the rest of my year just think I'm a nerd or something now XD

But he told me about major work today!!! I didn't even know we had to do one, and he's really strict as well about it has to be <i>original</i>, has to be something we're <i>passionate</i> about ...

groan.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Dee Jess said:
Well, since we're boasting .... ^_~

My HSC is actually in 2009, but I'm doing the SDD HSC now ;) My teacher was the head of curriculum and he moved me up .... the rest of my year just think I'm a nerd or something now XD

But he told me about major work today!!! I didn't even know we had to do one, and he's really strict as well about it has to be original, has to be something we're passionate about ...

groan.
Wow, respect++ for being accelerated in Year 10.

I've got to do mine - i've been thinking of doing a text-based cricket game, however that may be too easy.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
remember ITS JUST AN ASSESSMENT TASK, which you're *supposed* to work on over an extended period of time. It's when people start calling it a major project that they start to screw themselves over because they neglect the theory based classwork and put off preparing for exams: which is far more important for your final HSC mark.

keep it short and simple - you're not out to rewrite microsoft windows - as long as your program performs a meaningful task and works as specified, you don't need to put any more work into the actual program.

READ THE MARKING CRITERIA to ensure you're not missing out on anything or spending too much time on unnecessary stuff. Most of the marks are dedicated to theory - like diagrams, feasibility studies, reports on testing and stuff like that.

So just bear in mind that it is only another assessment, and so treat it like one.

All the best for the HSC everyone :)

Beege

HSC
meh at my school they give us a problem e.g. a sports team wants a program that can display player records and stuff and we gotta develop a solution

sunny

meh.
HSC
You can understand why they would do that though, its easier to standardise marking and mark more consistently.

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
sunny said:
You can understand why they would do that though, its easier to standardise marking and mark more consistently.
thats a huge issue for some teachers who cant judge and distribute marks well. thankfully though, my SDD teacher developed some crazily intense maring scheme and was able to compare with a wide range of assessments making it more fair.

he also checked up on our assessments once a week to see where each student was up to so that no student could make a rushed job at the end and earn marks they didn't deserve etc. every aspect of the development process was assessment from the first day we got the assessment :)

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
yeah our teacher supposedly did weekly checks of our log books which we were supposed to keep up to date, but she was a mad pushover and gave everyone marks anyway when we all did the bulk of the work in the last week or so.

so i suppose it depends on your teacher as to how "major" the project is

ReapersShadow

HSC
Making 2d game with some 3d models in it.

I'm very seceitive about my assignments..

shinigamisan

HSC
In my class most of the projects are games like a sudoku game/generator, mastermind, battleships and things like that. there are a few people making accounting software and things like that as well

leatham

HSC
I'm working on a content management system for webpage, much smilar to "Joomla!" I'll be using JavaScript, CSS, HTML, and PHP with a hint of XML..
Documentation is doing to be hard especially because most of the assignment (well what the user can see) is all screen design based, so truck loads of documentation there..

bboundy

HSC
I upgraded our schools online detention system to include absent students. A friend did a game in GameMaker. One guy did a podcasty sorta thing with Ruby on Rails. A couple of guys did widgets (we run iMacs @ school). Two others built an online store for our clothing pool.

miche11e

HSC
im making a supernatural game for my major cause its simple and by teacher is dumb and cant tell the difference between complex looking software and complex coding... its gonna be pretty much all graphics

Evilo

HSC
*a point of sale system for a shop/liquorstore/gamepark/whateva
*Some type of database for security (prints id's, check they're valid, update ids etc)
* Digital Alarm clock that will wake the computer up and send an annoying noise
* Something that can remotly turn on devices (so you will have a physical aspect to this too)
* A simple network chat program for schools and universities that doesnt run on the 'netsend' command (so it cant be stopped)
* Design software for those electronic tv fridges (so that you select items that you are low on, and when you press the reciept button it prints out a shopping list). include a keyboard on screen (assuming the fridge would be 'touch')
* Design a student version of bosskey or 'Dont panic' (google them if you don't know what im talking about)
* Design a digital diary that isnt as shit as outlook etc
* Design something that looks at al your email accounts (gmail, hotmail, school etc) and tells you how many you have new.
* Design a digital cocktail/mocktail guide where you select what 'alcohol' or equilevent you have, then it gives you a list of recipies.

Just some ideas, good luck

johnwood

HSC
I'm making a 3D game using DarkBASIC and afew program that can edit models etc.

Should be good...figures crossed...

:)

chook 05

Sum Fulla
HSC
yeah just do some basic game that relies on API's. they tend to look nice to the teacher ;)
only took me a week to make a half decent game for my major in vb. wasnt that much to do, but the teacher liked that fact that each image was loaded into memory rather than picturebox etc, and then blitted ha ha

Heyu8myrice

HSC
Create a program that teachers would use. They seem to mark stuff like that high. Maybe make a program that assigns class seating plans... although the marks probally won't be worth the next few weeks of abuse from your fellow classmates =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)