HSC
N/A
It said it had to be used as a central image so now I'm doubting my creative

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It said it had to be used as a central image so now I'm doubting my creative
Every year, they've always wanted the provided image/text/quote to be a prominent part of the story. Most students don't.

You should be fine.

leehuan

HSC
I used the balloon lifting up the curtain or whatever and adapted my creative to the idea of a new life was unfolding behind something you were blocked out of for life.

Mr_Kap

HSC
My story used the face stimulus, and was about BOSTES discovering how good my Section 3 essay was, that it received a nobel prize for literature analysis, and they framed my writing booklet in museums all around the world....and the face was of the other HSC students who read my essay and realised they fucked up, because my essay was so good compared to their essays. Then all the impacts it had etc.. and at the end I put a plot twist, saying I woke up and discovered i had done nothing of the sort and realised i was in someone's short story.

Last edited:

Flop21

HSC
Every year, they've always wanted the provided image/text/quote to be a prominent part of the story. Most students don't.

You should be fine.
How are you suppose to make a surprised face the centre of your story???

natrat1997

HSC
I believe that the stimulus should just be an inspiration for your story .
I used the book . However I think I accidentally said essay instead of book at least twice . I'm hoping that I won't get marked down . But my story can also fit with screaming man , as the husband is oppressing his wife in my story :)

leehuan

HSC
I believe that the stimulus should just be an inspiration for your story .
I used the book . However I think I accidentally said essay instead of book at least twice . I'm hoping that I won't get marked down . But my story can also fit with screaming man , as the husband is oppressing his wife in my story :)
Unless your creative is otherwisely 15/15 material, they will find something else they can't give you the mark for and probably just be like oh yeah you did this and as well this, -1.

Pretty sure the examiners are generous on linguistics marks though. Unless you're really bad which obviously you're not.

natrat1997

HSC
I believe that the stimulus should be an inspiration , but be obvious as the story progresses .
For my creative I used to book as my image , however I think I mentioned essay instead of book at least twice My creative can also apply to the image of the man screaming , as my story is about a woman oppressed by her dominant and controlling husband .
I hope I've saved myself .

Flop21

HSC
How do the markers know which stimulus you chose?

sadpwner

HSC
N/A
Wow, the question was so vague you could literally write anything. I prepared a response in advance and I copied and pasted it right on there. I was fortunate. My prepared response already essentially answered that question. All I needed was like a 60 word change to incorporate the image and that was it. I chose the photo of the guy because that was the easiest to put in. My response was about 940 words.

I want to add that the question specifically stated that the image had to be the central concept of your story. If you just vaguely mention it, you might get fucked. Examiners also test how well you incorporate the stimuli and relate to discovery.

Last edited:

joannaadele

HSC
guys how hard do examiners mark for creative? I metaphorically interpreted the stimulus with the balloon because my story was about a girl who saw black and white and saw the world in colour after her met a boy, so i just changed the boy to wear red, will the examiners get the link?

natrat1997

HSC
You really can't . It should serve more as an inspiration . Like with my creative piece : I used the book , but my story also had an abusing husband : which could be interpreted as the man screaming .

Chris_S

HSC
Out of the 3 sections I thought I went best in this! The stimulus of the man with the grimace and in shock worked well and fitted into my prepared creative. However, the other stimuli I had no idea at all what they were going on about lol!

SlimiJay

HSC
I used the face however everyone seems to interpret that image as him screaming or yelling or something. I interpreted it as he's heads hurting from all the voices echoing in the recesses of his mind, for which they all offer different opinions about new understandings and new perceptions. My story was about a man who was in a psychiatric room, suffering from the voices in his mind. The voices start to give their own perceptions of a sunflower which is siting in a vase besides the psychiatrists desk.

jakewist

HSC
Used the picture of the wall as a painting seen by a character (a homeless man drew it) and how the character relates the balloon unveiling the wall as him discovering the true reality of happiness and i managed to somehow faff with that for 6 pages LOL
God i dont know what i've done with creative. sounds like i've written a hippy piece. gg.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I could probably twist the first image and use my belonging essay as a discovery essay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)