Section 3 (1 Viewer)

G

gaoOO

I think i am the only person who didn't like question 3 because it was too generic and straightforward... lol :eek:

fatemjay

rof
HSC
i did 9 pages for imaginative journey

the question was exactly the same as the one we got in the trials

only problem is i prepared for something different lol.

should be alright, hoping for 13+

fishy89sg

HSC
this question was a disgrace. why would the board of studies put such an easy question in the exam for?

they might as well have just asked

"Focus - Physical Journeys

You have studied physical journeys for about a year. Now, please write your prepared responses into the writing booklets provided."

and yeh everytime there was obstacles in my essay i replaced it with "detours"

G

gaoOO

fishy89sg said:
this question was a disgrace. why would the board of studies put such an easy question in the exam for?

they might as well have just asked

"Focus - Physical Journeys

You have studied physical journeys for about a year. Now, please write your prepared responses into the writing booklets provided."

and yeh everytime there was obstacles in my essay i replaced it with "detours"
squeal! someone that agrees with me.

starrysky

HSC
I did Question 5 for this, and wrote one 8-page booklet plus one page - I spent an even 50 minutes on it, then 30 minutes on comprehension and 40 minutes on my short story for Section II.

It was alright. The good thing was that the question was easy to link to, and my essay was easy to manipulate to fit the key requirements in the question; my texts were good enough to extract these "unexpected encounters" from, so that wasn't really a problem. I was actually much more confident for this than for my trial, even though I had to cram new shit into my head after the trial. Bleh.

fishy89sg

HSC
gaoOO said:
i guess section III catered 'Standard' English students while section I catered 'Advanced' Students

sickdog12

HSC
gaoOO said:
i agree that the question wasnt as hard as it could of been....but the thing with AOS is that the texts that people choose are so broad....

BOS must thing that this is adequate to analysise and bring together in relation to detours....ya never know they might mark it hard..?

what do u think about the other paper....i heard its going to be a snapshot of the syllabus?

somewhereelse

HSC
you're forgetting that this is the exam that ranks standard against advanced! of course its going to be generic

i wrote 1 book plus a page and a bit, i was able to use all the points from the essay i wrote beforehand, & wrote the words 'unexpected' 'destination' and 'journey' about a million times :S

i know my essay good but im kinda worried about legibility, i didnt even check

kokodamonkey

HSC
samuel slack said:
Exactly the same.
yeah i wrote 10pages! Spent th reading time thinking how to adapt thesis etc.
i did all 4colridge poems + eternal sunshine of spotless mind + Bos txt ivory trail cover!

sickdog12

HSC
yeah a snapshot of the syllabus?

its wat the head markers are talking bout....like rather then be a full overview where the question is broad....

they are narrowing it down making it more specific!

look at the last few years before 06 all pretty broad for the teachers to get used to it and yet last yr in for example king lear it was all about characterization or something...

my guess is that BNW/BR will be on like 'the other'.....
frontline...just worded tricky
king lear...will be the hardest not sure what on..

aLIS

HSC
hmm.. how do you guys manage to write so much and treat each section equally?

fishy89sg

HSC
aLIS said:
41 mins for section III
37 mins for section II (took a bit longer than i thought)
40 mins for section I

boRedstaRs

HSC
yeah this section was alright

i only did 5 pages could of write more though....

jebemti

HSC
i was throw sort of off guard by the question i didnt like it

i did 3 skrzynecki poems, ivory trail and 1 additional text i did 1 booklet and extra 2 pages
my essay is very strong and ive gotten high marks throughout the year but i just think that i didnt adapt it enough to the question i inserted the words "detour" "unexpected journies" but im not sure if its enough

how critical is it to adapt your essay to the question??
previously for my essay ive gotten 15/15 and then 14/15 wat would i be looking at in the worst case scenario

kokodamonkey

HSC
aLIS said:
easily? Each section is worth equal markings.. why wouldnt you dedicate equal amount of time to each bit!

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
dsruptdSPuNKRaT said:
i think i wrote 8 pages and with mid-sized writing. wasn't too happy with it though. what i wrote was good but i'm not sure it fitted the question as well as i'd have liked. oh well, at least i tried :)
Don't worry, I am in the same boat.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
I did physical journeys. Detours fucking threw me off -.-; I talked about unforeseen turn of events and basically the element of the unknown associated with journeys. Oh dear, esp after hearing most people come out of the exam saying: "I crapped on about obstacles", I'm getting V.E.R.Y. worried x.x;

HSC
Rime of the ancient mariner, lime-tree bower, wind in the willows and Prufrock for imaginative journeys. I think I wrote about 1800 words (~14 or 15 pages). My story was better though. I didn't know what to do with Wind in the willows.

Oh well, off to burn my notes now, I guess.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Chinmoku03 said:
I did physical journeys. Detours fucking threw me off -.-; I talked about unforeseen turn of events and basically the element of the unknown associated with journeys. Oh dear, esp after hearing most people come out of the exam saying: "I crapped on about obstacles", I'm getting V.E.R.Y. worried x.x;
Me too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)